U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 01:25 PM

5,182 posts, read 7,661,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and don't you think he will add new sponsors? What he said was wrong, he apologized, that should be the end of it. I am not a huge Rush supporter (used to be) he said things he should not have said, but I still do not understand why this young lady? thinks anyone should pay for her birth control pills or anybody's BC period. There are lots of things not covered by insurance companies and a lot of meds that are not covered. Maybe she and others should think about the consiquencies of sleeping around. Let's all so remember she goes to one of the most expensive universities in the country, if she can afford the fees, I would think she can afford her birth control. This goes for all females attending Geogetown. If they are on scholarships then they already are getting a free or discounted ride, so they should be able to get their BC somewhere other than from their insurance company. I think they are lucky to have any insurance available to them. When we were in college all we had was the student health center.

Nita
It would be nice if you dittoheads actually looked to someone beyond El Rushbo for your facts so you could appear other than stupid by repeating the same silliness over and over. Fluke was talking about birth control pills for medical purposes...like ovarian cysts, etc.
Or do you think that ovarian cysts are not a medical problem maybe? Why would they not be covered by health insurance?
Rate this post positively

Old 03-05-2012, 01:26 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,028,778 times
By The Associated Press – 7 minutes ago

The Associated Press: Limbaugh advertisers keep heading for the exits

Old 03-05-2012, 01:27 PM

62,737 posts, read 48,474,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Well, Imus shouldn't have degraded pigs to begin with. Limbaugh is in a class of his own (just as Breitbart was).
Yeah, I dislike Imus which means I like him a lot more than Rush.

Just pointing out all the posters here that are no better than him....on both sides of the political spectrum of course.

17,478 posts, read 11,860,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
What? So is Imus disappointed that Rush didn't call the law student a nappy headed h*?
Since you wrote it out I really don't see much difference

That being said I think at times we all say things in the moment of expressing ourselves. Come on, all of you have to admit there's things that you type or say and it wasn't quit right hours later.

This is been blown out and it's mostly the lefts way of making birth control their voting message. Now all of a sudden some women think birth control is going to be obsolete.

41,051 posts, read 20,874,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I'm no fan of Limbaugh. But as a conservative woman, I have to agree with him on this. If you're having so much sex that you can't afford the birth control...
We're talking oral contraceptives, right? May I fill you in on a little secret, here? You don't actually take more pills the more sex you're having. No, really.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:29 PM

62,737 posts, read 48,474,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
. Nothing to do with the OP and the fact women see divisive hate mongering for what it is.

Thanks AOL for dropping limbaugh, keep up the good work .
Yeah, the problem is that when it comes to spotting divisive hate mongering you have 20-20 vision in your right eye but wear a patch over your left.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:30 PM

26,374 posts, read 11,400,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Haha with such a large audience, companies are probably psyched that other companies are dropping their ad spots.

Rush is the most popular radio show host....ever. He helps many people form opinions on issues usually pushed by the liberal media complex, which includes Fox News. You cannot stop his influence among Americans.
What's wrong with these people. Why do they need help. Can't they form their own opinions like most intelligent people do. That says a lot about his audience.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:33 PM

30,416 posts, read 18,599,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
. Nothing to do with the OP and the fact women see divisive hate mongering for what it is.

Thanks AOL for dropping limbaugh, keep up the good work .
Whoa, now wait just a minute here ... you said "divisive hate mongering?"

Have you not listened to your President, Mr. Barack Obama? Have you not listened to Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid?

Have you not listened to your "Occupy" friends, who think nothing of trashing public and private property in the name of "free speech" (which it isn't).

Were you around during the Bush years? Are you aware of what you and your friends called him? A war criminal? And worse. Some even called for his death.

Have you heard of the Koch Brothers? Have you heard them demonized by the left, and even your President? Oh, you haven't?

What Rush said was nothing. Nothing at all.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:33 PM

19,784 posts, read 13,882,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I have to give huge respect to Imus on this one for manning up and telling it like it is against that vial animal Limbaugh.

Imus hits it out of the park calling out Limbaugh as being "an insecure pig" "pill poppin' pinhead" "he has no guts, he's a punk" and "he's a coward"

Don Imus Calls Rush Limbaugh An 'Insincere Pig' For 'Vile, Personal Attack' On Sandra Fluke

Glad to see there is at least some sane people on the right still around

And Don Imus should know.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:34 PM

44,884 posts, read 30,853,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I agree, with 7 already dropping and this making nationwide attention, I wouldn't be surprised if more drop.
Hopefully more do and get Limbaugh thrown off the air
You really are so strongly convinced that left is the only direction that you can't see that people are fighting over being the newest sponsors, right? I feel very sorry for you and the way you fail to reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.