Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 07:58 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Yep. Those are COVETED advertising slots that any fledgling company would LOVE to purchase. Getting an ad slot on The Rush Limbaugh Show is the equivalent of winning "American Idol". An instant audience of 20 million potential customers.
Gee. Makes one wonder why 7 advertisers would pull out from the equivalent of winning "American Idol."

700 posts, read 638,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You can castigate him all you want. It matters not to me. But that doesn't mean you understand that none of it matters in the grand scheme. Rush Limbaugh's business will be unfazed by this media-crafted episode. That's why we're laughing at you folks. Much ado about nothing, but yet you're slobbering over it.
How sad that your moral compass has dollar signs all over it.

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This makes no sense as the poorest, least educated, and biggest areas of welfare recipients are all the bright red states

Rush is a fat ass drug addict filled with nothing but hate, stupidity, and cheeseburgers. No wonder the right wing goons love him
I've listened to a TOTAL of about 15 minutes of Rush Limbaugh in my entire life. I am a social and fiscal conservative with my own staunch viewpoints and principles. Talking heads on the radio or TV mean nothing to me.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:59 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times
Quote:
You can castigate him all you want. It matters not to me. But that doesn't mean you understand that none of it matters in the grand scheme. Rush Limbaugh's business will be unfazed by this media-crafted episode. That's why we're laughing at you folks. Much ado about nothing, but yet you're slobbering over it.
If Fluke had for some reason mentioned Limbaugh by name during her testimony, that would have been one thing. Limbaugh's tirade STILL would have been outrageous, but at least a case could be made she was asking for it, in "what did you expect?" kind of way.

But the utter misogynistic viciousness of Rush's slander, directed at an innocent young woman who, for most of us, brought our daughters to mind... I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of long-term listeners turn Limbaugh off in disgust this time.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
How sad that your moral compass has dollar signs all over it.
Actually, what's sad is that you believe that my moral compass has anything to do with a talking head on the radio. That's where you lefties get it all wrong. You actually believe that Rush Limbaugh has a monstrous effect on most conservatives' ideals.

You're wrong.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:02 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Maybe you would like to ask Glen Beck about how "Fazed" an episode like this can be for your business. Personally, if you advertize on Rush's show, I will not buy anything from your company and I make it my business to ask others to not to also. Rush is just a good example of why the USA is going down the drain. His show appeals to the lowest of the low. Racists, ignoramuses, red necks, small minded haters of all stripes and other assorted low lifes. The simple fact that a guy like this actually has a voice in the national politics of the country paints a very dark picture for the future of the USA.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
If Fluke had for some reason mentioned Limbaugh by name during her testimony, that would have been one thing. Limbaugh's tirade STILL would have been outrageous, but at least a case could be made she was asking for it, in "what did you expect?" kind of way.

But the utter misogynistic viciousness of Rush's slander, directed at an innocent young woman who, for most of us, brought our daughters to mind... I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of long-term listeners turn Limbaugh off in disgust this time.
"Innocent young woman?"

I believe this woman's "innocence" was put on public display through her testimony. She's fair game. You should acknowledge this sooner rather than later.

You'll be fair game too if you ever testify before a congressional panel.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:03 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
I would bet that, this being Monday morning, the remaining advertisers (if any) are sitting around the table in the board room discussing the possible damage of being associated with someone who is so bigoted.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Maybe you would like to ask Glen Beck about how "Fazed" an episode like this can be for your business. Personally, if you advertize on Rush's show, I will not buy anything from your company and I make it my business to ask others to not to also. Rush is just a good example of why the USA is going down the drain. His show appeals to the lowest of the low. Racists, ignoramuses, red necks, small minded haters of all stripes and other assorted low lifes. The simple fact that a guy like this actually has a voice in the national politics of the country paints a very dark picture for the future of the USA.
How did you feel about Air America?

Your objectivity is on the line. Tread very carefully.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:09 AM

994 posts, read 725,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

Uhh..actually,no...a woman complaining that her school won't buy her $3000 in contraceptives doesn't remind me of my innocent daughter. But nice try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies