Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 12:40 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times

Advertisements

AOL has just dropped him as well.

women shop and spend more than men. These marketers are smart, know their demographics.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:58 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Info from Yahoonews.com/business
(sorry no link, need to learn)

Number 7! Advertiser pulls out from backing Rush Limbaugh's show even after the "apology"... for derogatory comments about law student who testifed about health policies for women.

Due to complaints on Twitter and Facebook, ProFlowers pulled ads from the obnoxious show, stating these negative responses affected their marketing strategy.

Other six: Quicken Loans, Sleep Train, Sleep Number, Citrix Systems, Carbonite and Legal Zoom.

Complaints to the advertisers!
Info and list of some advertisers on topplebush.com as well as addresses to THANK THE ABOVE COMPANIES!
and don't you think he will add new sponsors? What he said was wrong, he apologized, that should be the end of it. I am not a huge Rush supporter (used to be) he said things he should not have said, but I still do not understand why this young lady? thinks anyone should pay for her birth control pills or anybody's BC period. There are lots of things not covered by insurance companies and a lot of meds that are not covered. Maybe she and others should think about the consiquencies of sleeping around. Let's all so remember she goes to one of the most expensive universities in the country, if she can afford the fees, I would think she can afford her birth control. This goes for all females attending Geogetown. If they are on scholarships then they already are getting a free or discounted ride, so they should be able to get their BC somewhere other than from their insurance company. I think they are lucky to have any insurance available to them. When we were in college all we had was the student health center.

Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 03-05-2012 at 01:09 PM..

Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
What? So is Imus disappointed that Rush didn't call the law student a nappy headed h*?

Old 03-05-2012, 01:15 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I have to give huge respect to Imus on this one for manning up and telling it like it is against that vial animal Limbaugh.

Imus hits it out of the park calling out Limbaugh as being "an insecure pig" "pill poppin' pinhead" "he has no guts, he's a punk" and "he's a coward"

Don Imus Calls Rush Limbaugh An 'Insincere Pig' For 'Vile, Personal Attack' On Sandra Fluke

Glad to see there is at least some sane people on the right still around
Isn't amazing how you leftist use all manner of vile language to describe Rush Limbaugh (and it hasn't only been since he commented on Flukes press conference for Nancy Pelosi), yet you never mention it when people like Bill Mahar and others use much worse language when speaking of Sara Palin, Michele Bachman, and other conservatives.

This is how the left works to destroy lives, marginalize their enemies, and silence them.

But you can't handle it when an activist like Fluke gets before a microphone whining and pushing an agenda that most of America disagrees with, and is criticized by someone like Rush (who admittedly was having a bit of fun with it).

That's when you call your minions at "Think Progress" into action to go after his sponsors in an effort to silence free speech.

The left loves free speech as long as it isn't a conservative speaking. Hypocrites!

Old 03-05-2012, 01:17 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:

Number 7! Advertiser pulls out from backing Rush Limbaugh's show even after the "apology"... for derogatory comments about law student who testifed about health policies for women.

Due to complaints on Twitter and Facebook, ProFlowers pulled ads from the obnoxious show, stating these negative responses affected their marketing strategy.

Other six: Quicken Loans, Sleep Train, Sleep Number, Citrix Systems, Carbonite and Legal Zoom.

Info and list of some advertisers on topplebush.com as well as addresses to THANK THE ABOVE COMPANIES!
Not only have I fired off emails to all companies explaining that I shall no longer do business with them, I told the sales rep at sleep number, to go ahead and delete my name and email address/phone number from their records, that I would no longer be considering the purchase of their product, as well as suggesting to everyone I know to cancel carbonite, and use some other method of backup, as well as using another system of remote access. I have also contacted Quicken, and requested my name/number/email address be removed from their systems, I would no longer use their product, (Something I have used since I started using tax software with Parson Technologies, that quicken bought and turned into their product, starting in the 90's).

Old 03-05-2012, 01:18 PM

994 posts, read 724,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
As a conservative woman you obviously don't know that a person's sexual innocence, or lack thereof, has NOTHING to do with being treated equally under the law....nor do you care.

You don't know that her request has NOTHING to do with whether she can afford it or not...it has to do with getting what SHE PAYS FOR

I can believe that you, as a conservative woman , think that a woman only takes the Pill when she has sex
You, as a liberal, probably shouldn't be nattering on about equality under the law. The Democrats have long since abandoned equal treatment. Equal treatment is 60s stuff. You're on to affirmative action now. Merely equal treatment isn't enough for you anymore.

Going on about getting what she pays for is also pretty laughable given that this concerns free contraceptives. Nobody's saying she can't go out and pay for contraceptives. She can buy all the contraceptives she wants. Only in a liberal's mind does getting something for free equate to getting what you pay for. The entitlement mentality marches on.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:22 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
As a conservative woman you obviously don't know that a person's sexual innocence, or lack thereof, has NOTHING to do with being treated equally under the law....nor do you care.

You don't know that her request has NOTHING to do with whether she can afford it or not...it has to do with getting what SHE PAYS FOR

I can believe that you, as a conservative woman , think that a woman only takes the Pill when she has sex
I know you believe all conservative women are toothless hicks, that needs them a man or the government to get by. But many of us are educated, successful and fiscally responsible.

This is not about equality, although the leftwing media wants to make it out as that. It's about religious rights, the Constitution, and a woman that can't take responsibility for her own actions. She chose to go that school, knowing her birth control wouldn't be covered. Now she wants that to change. Kind of like the morons that buy a house under the airport flight path, then petition to have the airport moved.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:

Do you remember when your kind "forced" Glenn Beck's loss of advertisers. You were so sure you had destroyed him. Now he has his own company operating out of Dallas and reporting all kinds of good things about what is going on. He even has his own news affiliate telling truth that people like you won't accept. He has a show for children at 4:00 EST and a very informative news show at 7:00. What happens if Rush does much the same thing. You spread his word even more than the millions of people who listen to him daily now. Maybe being so happy about this will probably backfire on you left leaners. Oh well, it is good if it works for anyone else than your club.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:24 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and don't you think he will add new sponsors? What he said was wrong, he apologized, that should be the end of it. I am not a huge Rush supporter (used to be) he said things he should not have said, but I still do not understand why this young lady? thinks anyone should pay for her birth control pills or anybody's BC period. There are lots of things not covered by insurance companies and a lot of meds that are not covered. Maybe she and others should think about the consiquencies of sleeping around. Let's all so remember she goes to one of the most expensive universities in the country, if she can afford the fees, I would think she can afford her birth control. This goes for all females attending Geogetown. If they are on scholarships then they already are getting a free or discounted ride, so they should be able to get their BC somewhere other than from their insurance company. I think they are lucky to have any insurance available to them. When we were in college all we had was the student health center.

Nita
Well, of course he'll get more sponsors...there are Really Stupid People who support him and what he says and see nothing wrong with it.

They are stupid enoughto believe his lies....like Fluke asked for free BC...a lie....she asked to get what she PAID FOR and under the law of the United States she should..

YOUR warped idea that a person's morals(as judged by you..LOL!)should be considered in business laws is astoundingly ...er, "mis-informed".

IF you COULD read her statement you would realize how it was twisted and lied about......but you won't ....because that would be education.....and obviously you are quite jealous of those bright enough to EARN scholarships to law school and EARN their education..........obviously you just "haight" them...LOL!!!!

Old 03-05-2012, 01:25 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
He lost number 8, AOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you remember when your kind "forced" Glenn Beck's loss of advertisers. You were so sure you had destroyed him. Now he has his own company operating out of Dallas and reporting all kinds of good things about what is going on. He even has his own news affiliate telling truth that people like you won't accept. He has a show for children at 4:00 EST and a very informative news show at 7:00. What happens if Rush does much the same thing. You spread his word even more than the millions of people who listen to him daily now. Maybe being so happy about this will probably backfire on you left leaners. Oh well, it is good if it works for anyone else than your club.
[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-05-2012 at 07:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies