Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 04:26 PM

36,631 posts, read 67,203,000 times

Advertisements

I thought it was beneath the office of the President for Obama to get involved in this. Tasteless even.

For the White House to even acknowledge Limbaugh gives him power.

This is not the first time Obama has done something that seemed more fitting of a guidance counselor and less fitting of a sitting US President.

Just saying...please stop doing that Mr President, you are the leader of the free world and have more important things to do than to dedicate time worrying about this nonsense.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:29 PM

24,463 posts, read 33,150,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I'm pretty sure that when you buy a "legal" drug "illegally," that makes you a criminal - even though Rush was able to buy himself out of actually being charged.

We'll see if it turns out that he's back using (and breaking the law). I suspect that with all this new attention, people are going to be watching for any signs that he's back on the dope, and if he is, just how many prescriptions he "legally" has (wouldn't more than one of the same 'script be illegal?).

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. I've never said that I know for a fact that he is.
You do agree, though, that it never would have happened if he didn't have severe back pain (and an unsuccessful back surgery)?

If Rush ever runs for president, then feel free to bring up his past drug use (just like Obama's past drug use has been mentioned). Obama broke the law (by using an illegal drug) yet was never charged or punished.

BTW, I thought liberals say it's "okay" to use drugs? You know, the old, "what a person does in his own home is his business."

Yes, maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but you are hinting that he is (again, with nothing to back it up).

Old 03-06-2012, 04:51 PM

416 posts, read 635,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Exactly. But we can't expect those who suck money from the government on a perpetual basis (ie. Liberals and other losers) to understand how business works.

guess you missed the threads on some simple facts:

tp / conservative states receive the majority of social welfare benefits (and do not confuse this with the spurious debate about where all tax dollars flow, this is simply social welfare dollars - SSA, medicaid, unemployment, etc, etc)

i don't know whether to laugh or cry

Old 03-06-2012, 04:55 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,255,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I thought it was beneath the office of the President for Obama to get involved in this. Tasteless even.

For the White House to even acknowledge Limbaugh gives him power.

This is not the first time Obama has done something that seemed more fitting of a guidance counselor and less fitting of a sitting US President.

Just saying...please stop doing that Mr President, you are the leader of the free world and have more important things to do than to dedicate time worrying about this nonsense.
Limbaugh has been powerful before Obama ran for President.

Limbaugh is the GOP

Old 03-06-2012, 04:58 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,119,694 times
Gotta love liberals...in a pathetic sort of way.

While we all agree he was wrong in this instance, to see you all frothing out the mouth, desperately hoping and actually thinking you can defeat him is just priceless and quite amusing. You are NOT going to win this battle with Rush. Sorry He will get new advertisers, some who wont cater to pressure of a bunch of losers sitting at their computers sending 'faux outrage' email over and over.

And how funny to see so many bash Rush as "hateful, etc etc" while calling him every name in the book. Nothing but fake outrage from liberals who say nothing when one of their own says the most vile things you could imagine.

Whatever floats your hypocritical boats I guess. Have fun while it lasts because Rush is here and will be here. And whenever his time is up, Im sure someone else will come along and fill his shoes to take on the liberal monster machine in this country.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:58 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,402,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think it is now 28 advertisers and 2 radio stations ... and counting...
JC Penney has now dropped Rush. So, by my count, it's up to 33...

Quote:
Sleep Number, The Sleep Train, Quicken Loans, Legal Zoom, Citrix, Carbonite, ProFlowers, Tax Resolution, AOL, Bonobos, Sears, Allstate Insurance, Sensa, Bare Escentuals, Vitacost, Hadeed Carpet, Thompson Creek Windows, PolyCom, Service Magic, AccuQuote Life Insurance, Geico, John Deere, Stamps.com, St. Vincent’s Medical Center, Bethesda Sedation Dentistry, Cascades Dental, Philadelphia Orchestra, Goodwill Industries, Heart & Body Extract, Netflix, Downeast Energy, Capitol One, JCPenney, Matrix Direct
http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/...h-advertisers/

JCPenney Drops Rush | ThinkProgress

Old 03-06-2012, 04:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,809,653 times
Quote:
Obama and the democrats instigated the whole manufactured story with their lies about people wanting to ban contraception, with their unprecedented attack on the church.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:07 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,504,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
JC Penney has now dropped Rush. So, by my count, it's up to 33...

http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/...h-advertisers/

JCPenney Drops Rush | ThinkProgress
You do realize that these companies are Commie Islamic terrorist sympathizers who have been plotting with Obama to destroy the good name of that all American patriot Rush Limbaugh.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:09 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,255,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Obama and the democrats instigated the whole manufactured story with their lies about people wanting to ban contraception, with their unprecedented attack on the church.
He has been plotting this for years

Old 03-06-2012, 05:10 PM

649 posts, read 1,129,801 times
Rush Limbaugh jumped the shark a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies