Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 03:25 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
What is the point of this thread???
The point of this thread is to share some new information that may help us understand why Obama has the largest record of support for the LGBT community among all presidents.

"WASHINGTON — Less than halfway through his first term, President Barack Obama has appointed more openly gay officials than any other president in history."

"Gay activists say the estimate of more than 150 appointments so far – from agency heads and commission members to policy officials and senior staffers – surpasses the previous high of about 140 reached during two full terms under President Bill Clinton."

Obama's Gay Appointees Smash Record

It appears he had first hand experience growing up in a very "alternative" household; one that had very few boundaries. How many children ever had a Nanny (female or male) that would put the child's mother's lipstick on( in front of them?)

"Neighbors recalled that they often saw Evie leave the house in the evening fully made up and dressed in drag. But she says it's doubtful Barry ever knew."
"He was so young," says Evie. "And I never let him see me wearing women's clothes. But he did see me trying on his mother's lipstick, sometimes. That used to really crack him up."

AP Exclusive: Obama's transgender ex-nanny outcast - Yahoo! News

His childhood experience undoubtedly influenced his comfort level around the LGBT community and gave him a sense of compassion beyond most. It also may explain his comfort level with a certain lack of boundaries exhibited by some of his appointees; something not shared by many, who may appreciate his compassion but question his judgment.

"... Kevin Jennings, founder of the Gay, Lesbian, Straight Education Network, who was named to oversee the Education Department's Office of Safe & Drug Free Schools. More than 50 House Republicans asked Obama to remove Jennings from the post after reports surfaced about advice he gave more than 20 years earlier after learning a gay student had sex with an older man.

"Jennings conceded that he should have consulted medical or legal authorities instead of telling the 16-year-old boy that he hoped he had used a condom. The Obama administration defended Jennings and declined to remove him."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 03:31 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
This news story has conveniently come out (no pun intended) just when O needs to revive his flagging support from the
"LGBT community" <--- so very tired of this term
before the election.

Think, people.
Just like the squeals about the evil republicans will be taking away birf control for women just when they notice he's sliding in the polling on women voters. These lefties just eat it up like candy. No wonder these fools keep their seats in office its too damn easy with dummies as your supporters.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:36 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Anybody who would interview somebody to be a nanny for their child hires a guy with a beard who shows up to their house who is also wearing a dress high heels and makeup is either lying or needs their gdam head examined that's for sure.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:36 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Gee, I wasn't raised by a transgender nanny and I fully support equal rights for all people.
It lives in Indonesia, right? So what's the point?

Old 03-05-2012, 07:13 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,196,693 times
I've never seen so many people creepily OBSESSED with Obama and wanting him to fail in any way possible.

Doesn't anyone have a life of their own anymore?

Old 03-05-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I've never seen so many people creepily OBSESSED with Obama and wanting him to fail in any way possible.

Doesn't anyone have a life of their own anymore?
It's not about his failings, it's about his curious upbringing. He has to own his own failures.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:42 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
OMG
I feel pity for them, they are sick people - but then again, so are most liberals. They think with their hearts, and the brain shrivels to nothingness.
Are you saying you pity my kids? If so, don't bother. They don't need your pity - they are all kind and compassionate and open-minded people who are happy and well adjusted and who wouldn't want your pity - or anyone else's.

In fact, my youngest (16) has a friend who's gay and he is still in contact with a friend who moved away who is looking into sex reassignment surgery. He is also very active in a church youth group, wants to go to a christian college, and hopes to eventually become a youth pastor.

But maybe you think he's "sick?"

Old 03-05-2012, 09:43 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
It's not about his failings, it's about his curious upbringing. He has to own his own failures.
Well, this makes absolutely no sense.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Are you saying you pity my kids? If so, don't bother. They don't need your pity - they are all kind and compassionate and open-minded people who are happy and well adjusted and who wouldn't want your pity - or anyone else's.

In fact, my youngest (16) has a friend who's gay and he is still in contact with a friend who moved away who is looking into sex reassignment surgery. He is also very active in a church youth group, wants to go to a christian college, and hopes to eventually become a youth pastor.

But maybe you think he's "sick?"
This makes no sense. I said I pity trannies, then you go off on this diatribe about your kids friends. focus

Old 03-05-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
"AKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — Once, long ago, Evie looked after "Barry" Obama, the kid who would grow up to become the world's most powerful man. Now, his transgender former nanny has given up her tight, flowery dresses, her brocade vest and her bras, and is living in fear on Indonesia's streets.
Evie, who was born a man but believes she is really a woman..."

AP Exclusive: Obama's transgender ex-nanny outcast - Yahoo! News

Interesting, rather sad story. May explain a lot about Obama's sympathies, appointments, etc.
Is there any evidence to suggest this is true? If so, why now, and why are we supposed to care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies