Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 08:15 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times

Advertisements

This is horrible and these dirtbags should be put away for a long time. If the races were reversed, Sharpton and Jackson would be all over it. We won't hear from them though because they are racist hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 11:03 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post

There was nothing in either of the stories that I read that said a witness saw the boy beating up the neighborhood watch man and if he did, how do we know that the neighborhood watch guy didn't get physical first?
Right let's leave it open ended.....

Only fill in the blanks when it's a black victim..lol...the tried and true method.

It got OJ off....

Old 03-13-2012, 09:26 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
This is horrible and these dirtbags should be put away for a long time. If the races were reversed, Sharpton and Jackson would be all over it. We won't hear from them though because they are racist hypocrites.
Don't get so worked up....IT NEVER HAPPENED!

Old 03-14-2012, 08:56 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I never cheered when OJ was acquitted.

And OJ's case was unique. You had a racist detective who introduced a LOT of doubt. When OJ was acquitted it was almost like we "beat" the racist. I honestly think most folks weren't even really thinking about OJ!

NOPE!!

The jury nullified tons of data that PROVED that OJ Slaughtered 2 innocent whites. The BS theory about planting of evidence..........no factual basis.............zero, none.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:32 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,633,045 times
Until blacks stop holding FUTURE whites accountable for slavery, the entitlement attitude will never change. I refuse to allow my children and their future children to take the guilt trip. What happened in the past is just that....the past. It was horrible and was wrong BUT...playing the blame game and "we are entitleted" game is only further widening the gap between blacks and whites. Imagine a world where you wake up, read the news and instead of "white/black kid killed by white/black guy it read...."Teenager gunned down by neighborhood watch person". Would you dig deeper to find out what color each of them were? If so, you have the problem with color. This "white people owe us" attitude is destroying everything I am trying to teach my children. So if the next generation is no better off than the last, don't blame white people.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:21 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
Disgusting.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:57 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Maybe the one burner saying that "You get what you deserve, white boy" just might involve a bit of racism.
Allegedly said. There are two sides to every story, and all of the facts have to be presented before this can be called an act of racism or a hate crime.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
Until blacks stop holding FUTURE whites accountable for slavery, the entitlement attitude will never change. I refuse to allow my children and their future children to take the guilt trip. What happened in the past is just that....the past. It was horrible and was wrong BUT...playing the blame game and "we are entitleted" game is only further widening the gap between blacks and whites. Imagine a world where you wake up, read the news and instead of "white/black kid killed by white/black guy it read...."Teenager gunned down by neighborhood watch person". Would you dig deeper to find out what color each of them were? If so, you have the problem with color. This "white people owe us" attitude is destroying everything I am trying to teach my children. So if the next generation is no better off than the last, don't blame white people.
Just consider the whole "white guilt" thing a curse that your ancestors brought upon their descendants by their selfish actions.

Slavery and segregation weren't that long ago, and we're still living in the shadows. Just deal with it. Everyone else has to.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:04 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Just consider the whole "white guilt" thing a curse that your ancestors brought upon their descendants by their selfish actions.
Are we to excuse the actions of African slave sellers? No guilt there. Right?

Quote:
Slavery and segregation weren't that long ago, and we're still living in the shadows. Just deal with it. Everyone else has to.
True. But we also fought a war in an effort to end it. No glory there, eh?

As said before, everything I was brought up with (my parents leanings), I fought in my heart to ignore. I was successful, my children (we feel) harbor no home grown racism from me or my wife. As for the rest of the world, what racism they learned from it saddens me. What we brought them up with can be reversed by the racism directed towards them. It's hard to make strides forward when racism from all sides pushes one back.

The in your face attitude by blacks is just as misdirected towards all whites as is the racist attitude whites harbor against all blacks. Two wrongs don't make anything right.

We will be passed by on the side of the road of life appearing to be two fools screaming at each other to those moving forward.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Are we to excuse the actions of African slave sellers? No guilt there. Right?
As much? No. There are businessmen all over who want to sell you something, but that doesn't mean you have to buy it. Africa has its own twisted customs that continue to this day. Our focus is what transpired in the New World.

Quote:
True. But we also fought a war in an effort to end it. No glory there, eh?
"We". The Civil War wasn't about slavery, and the "we" was composed of two opposing sides. Following the conclusion of that war was one hundred more years of racial oppression and disenfranchisement. Injustice that many living blacks are old enough to have experienced.

Quote:
As said before, everything I was brought up with (my parents leanings), I fought in my heart to ignore. I was successful, my children (we feel) harbor no home grown racism from me or my wife. As for the rest of the world, what racism they learned from it saddens me. What we brought them up with can be reversed by the racism directed towards them. It's hard to make strides forward when racism from all sides pushes one back.

The in your face attitude by blacks is just as misdirected towards all whites as is the racist attitude whites harbor against all blacks. Two wrongs don't make anything right.

We will be passed by on the side of the road of life appearing to be two fools screaming at each other to those moving forward.
No one said it's an ideal situation, but it's the world we live in. People are angry, and we'll continue to be at each other's throats until everyone just forgets that anger. It's a wound that only time can heal, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies