Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 06:10 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,294 times

Advertisements

Should the USA (a self-proclaimed peace loving nation) attack Iran?
The Iranians will greet Americans as liberators, they will blow kisses and throw flowers. The war will only take weeks instead of months. Most of America's war expenses will be paid for by Iranian oil exports.
Deja vu to you too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 06:28 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,730 times
Certain Americans want war with Iran.

(You know who I'm talking about...)

Old 03-03-2012, 07:04 PM

56 posts, read 101,322 times
Facts:

Iran hasn't attacked anyone for a very long time (200 years?)

Jews in Iran are allocated one seat in the government

Many Jews refuse to leave Iran for Israel, even for money (Iran's Jews reject cash offer to move to Israel | World news | guardian.co.uk)

During WWII Iran let about 25000 Polish citizens in, including about 1000 Jews, and they could wait until the war was over. Many never left.

Iran shelters the Polish - YouTube

Is Iran really a rogue state?

Old 03-03-2012, 07:13 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,045 times
Default Do Americans Want A War With Iran?

I only know of three who do. And they're running for the GOP presidential nomination.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:13 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,778,646 times
Uh, NO.

Crude attempt at birds eye view...

Israel has just cause to take the trash out. Would Iraq have happened if Saddam had not played a posturing game at an inappropriate time? Or would all of the houses of cards have fallen with one swift wind of true impartial intelligence gathering? That's why humanity needs Assange.

None of us ordinary world citizens have any earthly clue what the Iranian government is responding to in the belief that others are doing some mysterious nameless thing to them. The likelihood they're responding to something real is strong. The likelihood this "arab spring" tinder box erupting across an entire region all at once is not. It was manufactured by someone. But whom? The knee jerk answer people would believe is that Israel has something to gain from this, however, it appears that Israel is a pawn along with the rest. There are multiple layers of treachery afoot.

I don't watch Al Jazera. Any chance they're owned by a Rupert Murdoch equivalent with an ax to grind/ situations to exploit? Strong possibility. All of the above smacks of a rothschild playbook, but the players themselves are entirely invisible when too many people have too many horse blinders on.

It makes far more sense to me, knowing that citizens are too often hapless victims of their own leaders, to exercise surgical strikes as they've already done aiming at top scientists cultivating malevolent technology. That would have been the intelligent strategy to employ for Afghanistan/ Pakistan, but alas, the end game was also to play to lose stringing out our economic might from within. "Mission accomplished".

So... in case you haven't noticed yet, EVERYONE is getting a spanking. By whom?

Old 03-03-2012, 07:22 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,778,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norway4life View Post
Is Iran really a rogue state?
Agreed. I think propagandists have hit their own crack pipes a wee bit hard. We don't have to buy into this. We very much need a spot light on crack pipes.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:32 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,311,389 times
I wouldn't be surprised if the Pentagon stages some type false flag to blame on Iran or perhaps the alCIAda boogeyman will be used once again to take away more of our rights and launch more wars.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:48 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,355,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norway4life View Post
Facts:

Iran hasn't attacked anyone for a very long time (200 years?)
Wow. I guess the Iraq war was nothing but a side note right? I mean Iran and Iraq used chemical weapons against each other.

I'm not a fan of how we handled Iran way back, but these days they are a rogue state. You shouldn't have any head of state say that they would wipe a country off the map with nuclear weapons and do business with the likes of Kim Jong Il.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:01 PM

56 posts, read 101,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Wow. I guess the Iraq war was nothing but a side note right? I mean Iran and Iraq used chemical weapons against each other.

I'm not a fan of how we handled Iran way back, but these days they are a rogue state. You shouldn't have any head of state say that they would wipe a country off the map with nuclear weapons and do business with the likes of Kim Jong Il.
I said ATTACKED. Can't you read? It was Iran who was attacked by Iraq.

Did you read the proper translation of what Ahmadinejad said?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/11/we...11bronner.html

He did not say "wipe Israel off the map". It's the American media who translated it this way.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:03 PM

25,841 posts, read 16,517,815 times
NO WAR. People are going to have to learn to solve problems without mass killing.

NO MORE WARS unless we are directly attacked and threatened. It's just that simple. And no police action unless asked for help by a legitimate government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies