Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 02:51 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
And? The problem is? What? Stop hating. Its so... small. POTUS is big leagues. Obama got there because he's got game. I don't see a problem here. Help me out.

LOL he's got Chicago politics. Going to be down and dirty---we see it already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 02:52 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
"If You Are A Woman -- The USA Is A Horrible Place To Live"

When I read the above statement I think that the person either doens't respect women, or doesn't know what they're talking about. In Mexico, it would be called mal educado.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:53 PM

566 posts, read 958,262 times
Correction: If You Are An UNATTRACTIVE Woman -- The USA Is A Horrible Place To Live

Attractive women generally have it made.

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Seriously, with the push to allow insurance plans to exclude contraceptives, the GOP has nothing to do with the negative press?

Really?
Not only that, but the personhood bills being introduced in a dozen states that set life at the point of fertilization, and as a result make the IUD and the pill murder? Seriously? That IS a ban on birth control.

I'm a moderate R. Some here can try to blame the D's for this one, but the crazy end of the R party is doing this to us, and the D's are just taking advantage of the opportunity that we've provided them. The D's didn't orchestrate this--they're just making sure that we are accountable for some of the dumb things we're doing, like the Blunt amendment, which would allow ANY employer to refuse to provide any type of health care service on the company plan that they object to, even if the employee is paying the premium. It's nuts, and the radicals need to be pushed out of the party as quickly as possible. What the democrats are doing isn't what I would cal polite, but from a strategic standpoint I can't blame them. There is absolutely no reason for the R party to be focusing on these issues, and if we continue to do so, we're going to get what we deserve.

1,187 posts, read 995,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
That's right.

This is a manufactured issue. No woman's rights got stripped. It's just Democrat propaganda. There's no "right" to birth control for one. For another nobody's trying to band birth control. Third, these religious exemptions have existed for decades with no liberals complaining about them before January of this year.

It's just like actual Tea Party behavior had nothing to do with the perception that Tea Parties were full of violent racists. That perception was started and promoted by liberal talking heads.

Democrats put a narrative together and then push it relentlessly with a complicit media going along.

Tell a lie often enough and people start to believe it.
Can't rep you again right now, but this is exactly how I feel!

Old 03-05-2012, 02:54 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
You are giving Obama WAY too much credit. You are acting as if he is some genius puppet master causing the GOP to completely screw up what should have been a walk in the park for them. Blame the nuts they have running and the lemming like attitude people have when it comes to voting party above country.

The four candidates left are completely destroying one another and the rest of the GOP is not helping. Chris Christie talks the talk but fails to walk the walk (I could have a fat joke about this but I will be the better man). Eric Cantor looked like he wanted to take a steaming hot shower after endorsing Romney. Palin is......well Palin. McCain (Grandpa Abe Simpson) needs to be told he will never be POTUS and be quiet and then you have the 4 stooges actually running for POTUS.

How could a sitting President with an unstable economy, high gas prices, a war, Obamacare and a slew of other issues that should be the death of him have a lead on all of the potential opposition in almost every poll not done in the Romney's neighborhood? It's insane.

"Anybody but Obama" is ringing in my ears and sounds true even still.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:57 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Obama can't run on his record. (None of the Democrats can.) So they have to counterattack with this pack of lies that Republicans are anti-women and want to keep them barefoot, pregnant and stuck in the kitchen.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:31 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Obama can't run on his record. (None of the Democrats can.) So they have to counterattack with this pack of lies that Republicans are anti-women and want to keep them barefoot, pregnant and stuck in the kitchen.
I've seen some pretty weird R-style proposals about BC and "life at conception", it's not all a pack of lies.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:33 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
So the recent actions by the GOP have nothing to do with the perception of women that their rights are being stripped?

Not enough shaking head icons to sort through this kind of convoluted BS to get to a "Blame Obama" conclusion.

You mean women being ginned up by the liberal media to think the GOP wants to make them second class citizens?

What, exactly, rights are being "stripped" from women?

Old 03-05-2012, 03:43 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
When the 100 so called 'industrialized' nations are ranked, the U.S. comes 17th in women's rights issues. In other words there are 17 other countries where women have it better than Americans.

I highly doubt that the US ranks 17th in women's rights issues.

What study are you citing?

Just another lie. Who told you this Nancy Pelosi or Barbara Boxer?

That's a serious assertion and I doubt you can back it up credibly.

Women shouldn't be told this kind of crap. Some of them will believe it. And that's not good for anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies