Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 12:18 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,115,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
There's a lot better places for a woman to live.
The US has become some draconian place run by religious zealots.
It's becoming more like the theocracies of the middle east than the US I grew up with.
Yeah. I mean look at all those women staying at home, not getting any education, being forced to cover all of their skin and cook for the men at home. I don't know if I live in the US or Saudi Arabia.

As I was whipping my wife and forcing her into church, I noticed plenty of other women going into church on their own will. I wonder what their masters are doing differently than I am doing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 12:28 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,823,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
That's right.

This is a manufactured issue. No woman's rights got stripped. It's just Democrat propaganda. There's no "right" to birth control for one. For another nobody's trying to band birth control. Third, these religious exemptions have existed for decades with no liberals complaining about them before January of this year.

It's just like actual Tea Party behavior had nothing to do with the perception that Tea Parties were full of violent racists. That perception was started and promoted by liberal talking heads.

Democrats put a narrative together and then push it relentlessly with a complicit media going along.

Tell a lie often enough and people start to believe it.

WARNING GRAPHIC PICTURES OF STEAK IN PROGRESS. slaughtered cow - Google Search

Imagine if every supermarket had to post live streaming video of animals being slaughtered while you shopped for your next meal. They're not banning you from buying it. They're humanizing it, right? Nothing wrong with that, right? Imagine if it was YOUR baby COW, that you didn't want, but now have, because hey, cows happen, right? ...and they were showing it on the screen before the knife fell. Nothing wrong with that right? Emotions, WTF? man. Let's do that. The American people will think that is A-OK, right? It's just a cow.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:38 PM

15,858 posts, read 21,418,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Well name a couple and why you think they are better.
Found the most recent list: The Best And Worst Countries For Women - Forbes

1. Iceland (which is actually a country I have lived in and wholeheartedly agree) - female (and lesbian!) Prime Minister, significantly more income equality, women represented almost proportionally in government, and 81% of women in the workforce (with generous maternity leave)

Of note - the US only has 17% of political positions held by women. Read that again. 17%. The top nations (half of the top 10 are the Nordic nations) have representative amounts of women in positions of political power. This is not done artificially (ie, it happens organically, not as a result of regulation).

The US also is almost in the bottom half of income equality, despite laws to make provisions otherwise. This is also because motherhood is politicized - having children is a huge sacrifice for many women in the US whereas it is not such career suicide in other nations. Why is that the case? How can we claim family values if we only value fathers' contributions to the workforce? Nordic nations make up half of the top 10. Their economies are such that if a woman wants to stay home, she can afford to do so. That is generally not possible in many areas of the US and is not possible at all for those below middle class.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:39 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,264,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Well name a couple and why you think they are better.
Look at the 25 in the Forbes list.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Yeah. I mean look at all those women staying at home, not getting any education, being forced to cover all of their skin and cook for the men at home. I don't know if I live in the US or Saudi Arabia.

As I was whipping my wife and forcing her into church, I noticed plenty of other women going into church on their own will. I wonder what their masters are doing differently than I am doing?
If you have to compare the less than perfect with the worst to make a point, then what does that say about your worldview?

If the USA wants to claim to be the best, we need to focus on where we need to grow. Currently, we exist in a world of the status quo. That's why we are far from the best country for a woman to live in.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:44 PM

20,699 posts, read 19,338,023 times
Feminism will always leave the average man wondering what the hell women are talking about.

Men win big, largely thanks to women( women hate female bosses and prefer male bosses, boy bands and male move stars).

Thus the society is built around wealthy, famous and successful men. But what is next in line? The women. As predicted, women vote for men who grant them rights above the average, faceless man. Women don't count these bums, garbage men, and janitors because they are not even visible. All they see is who comes first, not last.

Upper class: Wealthy, famous men
middle class: All women .
Under class: Average men.

The failure to understand the above is the reason why no one seems to solve the apparent paradox. Basically the West is a giant harem, with one man, many women and socially created eunuchs.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:51 PM

2,122 posts, read 3,680,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
WARNING GRAPHIC PICTURES OF STEAK IN PROGRESS. slaughtered cow - Google Search

Imagine if every supermarket had to post live streaming video of animals being slaughtered while you shopped for your next meal. They're not banning you from buying it. They're humanizing it, right? Nothing wrong with that, right? Imagine if it was YOUR baby COW, that you didn't want, but now have, because hey, cows happen, right? ...and they were showing it on the screen before the knife fell. Nothing wrong with that right? Emotions, WTF? man. Let's do that. The American people will think that is A-OK, right? It's just a cow.
Not that I support what your talking about but seriously? Apples and Oranges. No one has introduced a bill to force you to watch an abortion. Sorry try again.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
If you have to compare the less than perfect with the worst to make a point, then what does that say about your worldview?

If the USA wants to claim to be the best, we need to focus on where we need to grow. Currently, we exist in a world of the status quo. That's why we are far from the best country for a woman to live in.
Oh, I'm not comparing less than perfect to the worst.

I'm responding to Chielgirl's insane belief that our country is turning into a theocratic society that is hell-bent on forcing people to subscribe to a religion. Therefore, I compared our society to a REAL theocracy (Saudi Arabia). Clearly, she is completely off target in her comparison.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Found the most recent list: The Best And Worst Countries For Women - Forbes

1. Iceland (which is actually a country I have lived in and wholeheartedly agree) - female (and lesbian!) Prime Minister, significantly more income equality, women represented almost proportionally in government, and 81% of women in the workforce (with generous maternity leave)

Of note - the US only has 17% of political positions held by women. Read that again. 17%. The top nations (half of the top 10 are the Nordic nations) have representative amounts of women in positions of political power. This is not done artificially (ie, it happens organically, not as a result of regulation).

The US also is almost in the bottom half of income equality, despite laws to make provisions otherwise. This is also because motherhood is politicized - having children is a huge sacrifice for many women in the US whereas it is not such career suicide in other nations. Why is that the case? How can we claim family values if we only value fathers' contributions to the workforce? Nordic nations make up half of the top 10. Their economies are such that if a woman wants to stay home, she can afford to do so. That is generally not possible in many areas of the US and is not possible at all for those below middle class.
Well, a woman did run for the Vice-Presidency last time and was labelled stupid b*tch by the left.

How do you think we should fix this supposed "Income inequality"?

Old 03-06-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Well, a woman did run for the Vice-Presidency last time and was labelled stupid b*tch by the left.

How do you think we should fix this supposed "Income inequality"?

It's unfortunate that Sarah Palin was the woman that was chosen to take on that mantle. She was no Geraldine Ferraro and she chose to portray herself in a gendered lens.

Look at how the right labeled (and continues to label) women in power on the left. There are regular threads commenting on Michelle Obama's appearance alone. Michelle Obama - an incredibly intelligent, well spoken, successful woman independent of her husband.

First of all, drop the supposed. There is nothing supposed about it. It's indisputable fact that can be traced across numerous reporting methodologies. It requires a cultural shift that encourages the empowerment and respect toward women. We don't live in that culture currently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies