Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 11:02 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times

Advertisements

Roy, has Maher answered your questions yet?

Maybe if you turn up the volume on your computer he will hear you better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 11:37 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,571 times
Im not agreeing with Bill mahers language, but it is not comparable to what Limbaugh
did to Mrs fluke.

Bill maher attacks other bomb throwers like Sarah palin and Michelle Bachmann
both whom say rude things about people if you throw bombs expect to get them thrown back at you

Sandra Fluke was a college student testifying about one of her freinds lost her ovaries
to ovarian cancer because of lack of access to contraception,and Limbaugh totally represented her position and made it about sex then continued to insult her.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
Im not agreeing with Bill mahers language, but it is not comparable to what Limbaugh
did to Mrs fluke.

both whom say rude things about people if you throw bombs expect to get them thrown back at you

Sandra Fluke was a college student testifying about one of her freinds lost her ovaries
to ovarian cancer because of lack of access to contraception,and Limbaugh totally represented her position and made it about sex then continued to insult her.
Bill Maher didn't commit slander, Limbaugh did.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:52 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
did to Mrs fluke.

So.............just to be clear, it isn't the language that Rush used, it's the occupation of the recipient?

So, if Rush had called Pelosi a **** and Prostitute for bringing this dog and pony show together you would be fine with it?

I'm just so confused because if calling a woman a **** is wrong, (which I believe it is) then I thought that calling a woman the c-word would be wrong as well. But apparently it isn't wrong since these women are "bomb throwers" as you put it. Would you mind naming the far left female bomb throwers that Maher has referred to as c-words and the like? Because the cynic in me thinks that you're being disingenuous and are applying a hypocritical double standard by giving Neo Progs a free pass. I'm sure that I am wrong though. Thanks

Old 03-05-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Bill Maher didn't commit slander, Limbaugh did.
Help me out here; are you upset that Rush called Fluke a ****? Do you think that was wrong?

Old 03-05-2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Help me out here; are you upset that Rush called Fluke a ****? Do you think that was wrong?
I'm not upset, I'm just stating a fact, he maligned and slandered her reputation.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:
I'm not upset, I'm just stating a fact, he maligned and slandered her reputation.
I'm sorry my post wasn't clear, it's late, my apologies. I'm personally asking you if you found what Rush called her to be wrong and offensive? Thanks

Old 03-06-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry my post wasn't clear, it's late, my apologies. I'm personally asking you if you found what Rush called her to be wrong and offensive? Thanks
I'm sorry, didn't I make myself clear when I said that maligning and slandering someones reputation is wrong?

Rush can call Obama a magic negro, he can call him a thug, he can even call him the n word. What he can't do is say that that he is having an extramarital affairs in the White House. That's slander. See the difference. Rush didn't present his criticism of Fluke as an opinion, he presented it as fact.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry, didn't I make myself clear when I said that maligning and slandering someones reputation is wrong?

Rush can call Obama a magic negro, he can call him a thug, he can even call him the n word. What he can't do is say that that he is having an extramarital affairs in the White House. That's slander. See the difference. Rush didn't present his criticism of Fluke as an opinion, he presented it as fact.
I could not care less about the legal ramifications, I never mentioned them, you did. I'm merely asking you if you found his words to be offensive.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
I could not care less about the legal ramifications, I never mentioned them, you did. I'm merely asking you if you found his words to be offensive.
Words in themselves mean nothing to me.

The intent is what gets to me. Limbaugh's intent was to malign her reputation by spreading false rumors.

Last edited by Savoir Faire; 03-06-2012 at 12:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies