Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 11:49 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
What he said was not against any rules of the FCC, people are outraged because of his blantant disrespect for women in general. Sadly, you have numnuts trying to make this a political thing, which quite honestly it would not be one if the leading republicans did not fear him.
No sh*t Sherlock!

Quote:
In your slightly twisted mind for some reason you cannot tell the difference between an attack/insult towards one person and one towards all women in defense of a wealthy self absorbed blowhard.
Please explain it to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I don't call it a slam, Fox news called it a slam.
Geez, you're fast S. P.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:23 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
No sh*t Sherlock!

Please explain it to me.
Oxyrush insulted all women and bill directed his tirade to one in particuliar.

I was sure that you were intelligent enough to realize that

Old 03-08-2012, 12:25 PM

831 posts, read 680,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Double standard? Political correctness? Obama administration? Thoughts? Conspiracy theorists are free to throw in your 2 cents.

If limbaugh is a republican, then why attack the person/people you are (supposedly) supposed to serve??. In this case, the lady who took a stand about the birth control pill.

If the right wings nuts argue that Obama (a Public official) cannot tolerate any form of heat from his peers then why cant Palin be put under the same platform??

See, the difference is, those left loonies you wing nuts refer too? pick their fights with people on the top ladder whereas those wings nuts attack those who are under them, The People!!... The very same people your republican party are supposed to protect and serve, who are elected by the people.

So, can i be so blatant in reversing YOU, your original question.
Political correctness? Double Standard? Conspiracy theories, tea baggers? thoughts?

Old 03-08-2012, 01:34 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,652,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
You all are using this HBO as an excuse. Also just because hes on hbo doesnt mean you all still cant call him out, But instead you all tune in and continue to watch him
Let me remind you what the title of this thread is:

Quote:
Why is Maher allowed to use profanity on television but pundits like Limbaugh are not?

Nothing about his views toward women, nothing about the content of his statements, it's all about profanity.

The question has been answered many times over.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Oxyrush insulted all women and bill directed his tirade to one in particuliar.

I was sure that you were intelligent enough to realize that
When it comes to insults that are specific to women it shouldn't matter and for women with principles it doesn't.

I hold out very little hope that you will understand this.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 03-08-2012 at 04:02 PM..

Old 03-08-2012, 07:33 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
When it comes to insults that are specific to women it shouldn't matter and for women with principles it doesn't.

I hold out very little hope that you will understand this.

That may be true but whoever Bill Maher insulted at least she had her own forum to fight back AND he did not keep harping on it.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:44 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookline_sylvia View Post
Maher used to have a show on over the air network TV - I think it was ABC - and he had to tone it down quite a bit compared to being on HBO.

He's at least a little more authentic the Limbaugh and doesn't "sound" quite as seriously aggrieved when he makes extreme comments. He is less of a 'leadership' figure in that Maher is not embraced by many Democrats (Maher brags that he is a pot smoking atheist who is sexually promiscuous - no elected Democrats want to be associated with that) whereas Rush has outspoken admirers within the party.
great then there is the door to demean women just act like bill maher and be justify. so long as you don't sopport a political party. lets go get them women!!! I THINK MAHER GAVE A MILLION DOLLARS to an Obama political pac! I guess you just have to be a democrat and you can demean women all you want!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies