Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 05:08 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times

Advertisements

Not that many would want to tie their re-election to obama's non-existent coattails, but they sure would take his money if he offered...which he is not.

I guess the "narrative" of money flowing into his coffers is a bit exaggerated.

White House to Congress Dems: Expect no money - John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

Quote:
Democratic congressional leaders, including Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, have privately sought as much as $30 million combined from Obama for America and the Democratic National Committee — a replay of the financial help they received from Obama in 2008 and 2010.

But that’s not going to happen, top Obama aides Jim Messina and David Plouffe told Reid and Pelosi in back-to-back meetings on Capitol Hill on Thursday, according to sources familiar with the high-level talks
You mean after all they did for him? Helping him with those great "legislative" victories....that the public despises.....doesn't garner the congressional dems some help in return?

I can guarantee there are some dems, especially vulnerable Sen dems, that will beg obama NOT to campaign for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 05:13 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,268 times
Barack can't help it. It is part of his culture.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Barack can't help it. It is part of his culture.
Well, he's looking out for his own hide. The dems stuck their necks out for him, because of him they lost the House in 2010 and hopefully they will lose it all in 2012.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:22 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,191,946 times
He's 10 points up over everyone. I don't think I'd say his coat tails don't exist. Your emotions might tell you that, but the data says otherwise. This is city data after all. Perhaps you'd be better served to post on a right wing forum where people don't challenge things that you say.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
He's 10 points up over everyone. I don't think I'd say his coat tails don't exist. Your emotions might tell you that, but the data says otherwise. This is city data after all. Perhaps you'd be better served to post on a right wing forum where people don't challenge things that you say.
When was the last time he campaigned for a dem?

He's lost every one.

You talking about that laughable Marist/NBC poll that needed a 12 point gap between dems and reps?

Old 03-05-2012, 05:27 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Sanrene, much as you hate to admit it, Obama stands a good chance to win in November, in fact it's very likely given current trends. Even many Republicans are beginning to think so. And you'll have no one to blame but yourselves for it if he wins.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:30 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Sanrene, much as you hate to admit it, Obama stands a good chance to win in November, in fact it's very likely given current trends. Even many Republicans are beginning to think so. And you'll have no one to blame but yourselves for it if he wins.
Not even the most ardent political pundits are ready to sign the Mark of Inevitability for Barack Obama in 2012. You shouldn't either.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:44 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,191,946 times
The guys up over every Republican candidate in more or less every single poll. While the Republicans have been campaigning for a year, Obama really hasn't been doing much except for fundraising. He's got plenty of coat tails. I think you're getting him confused with Bush who no Republican candidate has allowed to be around any campaign stop since 2005.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:53 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Not even the most ardent political pundits are ready to sign the Mark of Inevitability for Barack Obama in 2012. You shouldn't either.
I said it was very likely, not inevitable. We both know anything can happen. I do know that there's no chance in hell I'm voting for the GOP though.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:02 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
But that’s not going to happen, top Obama aides Jim Messina and David Plouffe told Reid and Pelosi in back-to-back meetings on Capitol Hill on Thursday, according to sources familiar with the high-level talks. It was a stark admission from a presidential campaign once expected to rake in as much as $1 billion of just how closely it is watching its own bottom line.

Read more: White House to Congress Dems: Expect no money - John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

Thats because that "1 billion" trash being spewed by the political elite on TV and the right wing isn't true.

The Obama campaign hasn't raised nearly that amount of money, and they think they'll need every dime to fight off Romney.

He may be up now, but honestly the campaign hasn't really started just yet. Wait until its 1 on 1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies