Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2012, 11:07 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
the resolution was public.

one of my favorite aspects of birtherism:

" he was born to a kenyan father, his grandfather was friends with frank marshall davis, he's listed on a school registration as an indonesian citizen, he attended a muslim school, he traveled to pakistan in 1980,..... yadda yadda yadda.......... WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS MAN!!!"
So he tells us!
The resolution should have been a bill brought to the Congressional floor and argued where all could see the dirty haggling. They struck a deal, it is obvious!

Old 03-16-2012, 11:08 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
It's absolutely true, you don't know what you're talking about. Read about Black Liberation Theology and about Critical Race Theory. Then you won't make such a fool of yourself posting nonsense.

The Racist Ravings of Derrick Bell | FrontPage Magazine

My last post about Obama's radical associations was deleted as off topic, there are other threads available.
Honestly, do you truly think that any sane, rational, intelligent human being would take the words published in "FrontPage" as a truthful, fair, unbiased discription of the philosophy of Black Liberation? Honestly?

Old 03-16-2012, 11:19 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
So he tells us!
The resolution should have been a bill brought to the Congressional floor and argued where all could see the dirty haggling. They struck a deal, it is obvious!
or they agreed with the tribe/olsen memo and there was no need for discussion or "dirty haggling". you're contention that there was a backroom deal with mccain leaves out one prominent point....... mccain was not the only GOP candidate. do you believe that there were also individual backroom deals with ron paul, mike huckabee, mitt romney, rudy guilliani, duncan hunter, fred thompson and alan keyes ?

Old 03-16-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Honestly, do you truly think that any sane, rational, intelligent human being would take the words published in "FrontPage" as a truthful, fair, unbiased discription of the philosophy of Black Liberation? Honestly?
Deflection by attacking the messenger, stick to the topic. There are lots of links to these ideologies, pick one, but you won't find it on Obama Media Inc.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
or they agreed with the tribe/olsen memo and there was no need for discussion or "dirty haggling". you're contention that there was a backroom deal with mccain leaves out one prominent point....... mccain was not the only GOP candidate. do you believe that there were also individual backroom deals with ron paul, mike huckabee, mitt romney, rudy guilliani, duncan hunter, fred thompson and alan keyes ?
They weren't selected to be the nominees in 2008, Obama and McCain were the stars of that show. As far as I know, the rest had no issues with where they were born. Is there something you want to share with us?

Old 03-16-2012, 11:37 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
As far as I know, the rest had no issues with where they were born.
no, there wasn't. but they certainly would have had issues with mccain during the primaries if they felt he was ineligible.

so, do you believe ron paul and alan keyes were part of a "backroom deal" to ignore mccain's ineligibility?

Old 03-16-2012, 11:37 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Derailing a thread with misinformation. How unusual.

Dr. Cone has claimed that Trinity UCC, Rev. Wright's and Obama's former church, was a good example of Black Liberation Theology in action. Trinity UCC has been for its entire life a member of the UCC a predominately (94%+) white denomination. Trinity has promoted tons of goodwill within and without the denomination. Many Trinity members including Rev. Wright have served along side their fellow white members on national boards.

You really need to stop spreading this misinformation that Black Liberation Theology is about hating white people. Hating white supremacy, yes. Hating white people, no.

yes , and the message anyone born white is the oppressor.

Come on.. Reverend Wright's Church is mostly black and you know it.. I am not talking about the denomination and we have had this same debate many times before.... apparently not for my benefit because I know the truth, but for anyone who reads your misrepresentation of Wright's church being 94% white is a constant lie of who sits in Reverend Wright's pews.

I don't see in this video of 94% white people.

Jeremiah Wright - Hillary Clinton ain't never been called.... - YouTube

Old 03-16-2012, 12:15 PM

133 posts, read 76,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I guess alot of people must think that too , with having such mad men come into power . Any one can come into power with enough people who are lax in their ability to see people as they really are or even care for that matter.
I certainly don't think of President Obama as a "mad man." You referenced "such mad men"....how many and whom?

Of course this is off topic, but do you think that all the MILLIONS of people who voted for Obama are "lax" (lazy? dumb?) because their perception of him is different from yours? Just wondering.

What is your position on the topic of this thread?

Old 03-16-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
yes, but they also believe in hating all whites and calling them their oppressor, all whites even the ones who are not even born yet. Claiming all white people are their enemy and must never promote goodwill with white people.

I find something wrong with that.
Maybe you could start a thread about Black Liberation Theology where we could discuss the issue and it would not be off topic. Could be a very interesting discussion.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
yes, but they also believe in hating all whites and calling them their oppressor, all whites even the ones who are not even born yet. Claiming all white people are their enemy and must never promote goodwill with white people.

I find something wrong with that.
"hating".....not true. But you could start a thread about Black Liberation Theology and we could research and discuss exactly what it is all about. Unfortunately, BLT is off topic in this thread. Has nothing to do with Obama's birth certificate in Hawaii.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies