Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 02:35 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,632 times

Advertisements

Dear Republicans,

Please stop apologizing for talking about social issues during this election cycle. Y'all look like you've been caught doing something naughty and are desperately trying to change the subject.

The social issues trump everything. When the Nazis are loading the Jews onto trains headed for concentration camps, it is no time to campaign on a platform of making the trains run on time. We abort 1.2 million babies every year in this country. And you want to quibble over tax cuts?

The radical Left is pushing these issues hard. They started it decades ago and are finally hitting their stride. Don't let them get away with painting YOU as being obsessed with them. They'll say anything to get you to shut up and roll over.

If the Left wins on these issues, we won't have a country worthy of prosperity or national security. First things first.

Peace, out.

Last edited by WesternPilgrim; 03-06-2012 at 02:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 05:29 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
The biggest problem is not social issues themselves it is both sides trying to jam their ideology down each others throats. Why is this possible? because both sides strongly support a all powerful centralized federal gvt as the vehicle to bring their ideology about. Lets not forget that democracy is mob rule and it is easily predicted will lead a country into tyranny. The only question that remains is which party will be in power and be able to maintain it.

I am a Christian too but let me remind you that Jesus said "my kingdom is not of this earth" and if you look around at the evidence he is right.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:44 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Dear Republicans,

Please stop apologizing for talking about social issues during this election cycle. Y'all look like you've been caught doing something naughty and are desperately trying to change the subject.

The social issues trump everything. When the Nazis are loading the Jews onto trains headed for concentration camps, it is no time to campaign on a platform of making the trains run on time. We abort 1.2 million babies every year in this country. And you want to quibble over tax cuts?

The radical Left is pushing these issues hard. They started it decades ago and are finally hitting their stride. Don't let them get away with painting YOU as being obsessed with them. They'll say anything to get you to shut up and roll over.

If the Left wins on these issues, we won't have a country worthy of prosperity or national security. First things first.

Peace, out.
The left wants more freedom and less government on social issues, while the right wants huge government and to force their bibles and other rhetoric on the people. This is what nazi germany did.

I personally feel more freedom and honoring the constitution is a good thing, but the far right thinks otherwise,...

Old 03-06-2012, 05:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
The most immediate “social" issue is the Economy. Without a steady and secure income people do not have the time and energy to care about what other folks are doing in their bedrooms on how they handle unwanted pregnancies. As the RW has failed completely at the Economic Issues they have to wail about the "social failure of America" even though it is not the problem. The Economy is the problem and the Democrats led by President Obama seem to be improving the Economy every day.

Vote your wallet, not your emotions.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:48 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
And what would you suggest we do about abortion? Elect "conservative" Republican's because they're pro-life? Well, let's see about that. We DID elect "conservative" Republican's to full and complete control of the federal government for 6 years, 2000-2006 and what happened?

During that time, they were so "pro-life" that they introduced not one, single, solitary bill to overturn Roe v. Wade. Not one. During a time when they could have passed anything they damn well pleased, and did regularly, they made NO attempt to outlaw abortion again. None. Zero. Nada. Zilch. They pleaded their adherence to social values to get your vote, then forgot all about you when they took power. Forgot all about those murdered children too. There were infinitely more higher priority stuff to work on, like the Patriot Act or naming post offices.

See? Social issues during a campaign are emotional issues, used as bait like honey to draw flies. Most of what they "promise" couldn't be passed because a majority of our citizens oppose such things, or it would be downright un-Constitutional. They know that, you know that, but they put out the bait every two years and "conservatives" lap it up because it makes them feel good about themselves.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Judging by some of the other threads started by the OP he strongly desires to save all our souls by having the government enforce the dictates of the Roman Catholic Church. He believes that is the only way to salvation and salvation is the only thing that is important.

I am not a Catholic and prefer to keep my politics in the secular and my religion in the sacred.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:00 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Judging by some of the other threads started by the OP he strongly desires to save all our souls by having the government enforce the dictates of the Roman Catholic Church. He believes that is the only way to salvation and salvation is the only thing that is important.

I am not a Catholic and prefer to keep my politics in the secular and my religion in the sacred.
I wish everyone else would adopt my credo: My faith informs my politics, but my politics does not define my faith.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:07 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Dear Republicans,

Peace, out.
The fact you are equating abortion to the holocaust shows how ignorant you really are, and why people laugh at your opinions. Most people don't give a FIG about social issues, and it's even worse when the economy is like this. All they are doing is looking foolish, and making it more likely they will lose even bigger in the fall.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:39 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
I'm beginning to think you're a plant for the DNC. Seriously.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:42 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I wish everyone else would adopt my credo: My faith informs my politics, but my politics does not define my faith.

I like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies