Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 03:18 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You lost ALL credibility you might have had with this, "as students, are required to purchase."

Since when are students required to purchase health insurance?

You will have to provide proof of your statement.
Many private colleges required it in the past, and some public ones are requiring it now. Michigan State, just started the policy for all incoming students this year.

Student Health Insurance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
My point of view is as stated. Government should never force us to pay for someone else's birth control by adding it to everyone's policy like another right. Let them pay for the birth control themselves since it is not a malady to have sex.

None of the 7 questions above had anything to do with the formulation of my opinion.
I don't want to (and we can't afford to) pay with my stuff for a lot of other people's desires.
We should be a society that always supports the disabled and elderly. The rest should only get brief if any help because we can't do all things for all people, that would be unsustainable.
If you have insurance, you pay for a lot of stuff that other people get. And other people pay for some of the things you get.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:33 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Many private colleges required it in the past, and some public ones are requiring it now. Michigan State, just started the policy for all incoming students this year.

Student Health Insurance

Sorry. I should have made myself clearer.

From the link:
"New health insurance options under the Affordable Care Act "

If the Supreme Court finds this mandate unconstitutional, students will not be forced to buy health care insurance.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Sorry. I should have made myself clearer.

From the link:
"New health insurance options under the Affordable Care Act "

If the Supreme Court finds this mandate unconstitutional, students will not be forced to buy health care insurance.
The new policy will continue (at MSU) even if the SC rules unfavorably.

It will still be required for all students to have a minimum level of health insurance coverage from a family policy, personal policy, Medicaid or via the Aetna Student Health Plan which would be added to your registration bill.

The Olin Health Center over the last decade has had to limit the number of visits a student could make, which in turn caused many students not to go in until they were seriously ill.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:49 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
If you have insurance, you pay for a lot of stuff that other people get. And other people pay for some of the things you get.
Thet involve conditions, not non conditions; this is trying to a new form of redistribution of other people's money.
Let those that want it buy an option for it at an extra charge.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Thet involve conditions, not non conditions; this is trying to a new form of redistribution of other people's money.
Let those that want it buy an option for it at an extra charge.
Preventive medicine is the best medicine......you can avoid future conditions and everybody saves.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:11 PM

Premiere Networks (which distributes Rush) has put out a list of 98 advertisers who want to avoid “environments likely to stir negative sentiments.” The list includes carmakers (Ford, GM, Toyota), insurance companies (Allstate, Geico, Prudential, State Farm) and restaurants (McDonald’s, Subway).

“To all Traffic Managers: The information below applies to your Premiere Radio Networks commercial inventory. More than 350 different advertisers sponsor the programs and services provided to your station on a barter basis. Like advertisers that purchase commercials on your radio station from your sales staff, our sponsors communicate specific rotations, daypart preferences and advertising environments they prefer… They’ve specifically asked that you schedule their commercials in dayparts or programs free of content that you know are deemed to be offensive or controversial. Those are defined as environments likely to stir negative sentiment from a very small percentage of the listening public.”

Old 03-15-2012, 04:14 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So, it's a lie that women who want to get an abortion in Virginia and Texas and who know where else DO NOT have to have an ultrasound done before getting an abortion?

That's all a LIE?
What would be the point of lying about that?

Another thing, I'm getting sick of MEN telling women what is good or not good for women. Reading these threads, it appears that men are more passionate about the issue of BC than women. That's because WOMEN already know what we need...men seem to still be haggling about what's in OUR best interest....
Who's talking about abortion and ultrasounds here? That isn't what this thread is about. Talk about "off topic"! Where the hell are the moderators?

Old 03-15-2012, 04:15 PM

1,332 posts, read 994,777 times
Quote:
Let me try and explain this like I would to a five year old.
She seems to have the money between herself and her wealthy boyfriend to travel the world, so it is illogical to believe she doesn't have the money for her $9 pills for birth control.

Comprende?
Trying to explain something...even as clear as you made it originally...to a complete idiot, is useless and unrewarding folly. It's better to laugh at the total ignorance and lack of understanding, and move on.

Don't waste your time.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:16 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Actually, Obama's approval rating is at 50%. Secondly, Obama hasn't even been in the discussion, so there can hardly be any change in his approval based on this issue. And finally, it is not a left or right issue. It is an issue of how women are treated in this country. And I think you will find that women will not tolerate being treated like The Beaver's mom. This is the 21st century, not the 1950s.
40%. The 50% figure comes from only one poll that oversamples Democrats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies