Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 09:36 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
He must have been suffering from lack of adulation. Except for his money I kind of pity the deluded fool. He obviously believes his own blather.

I am pleased he reminded the people that the Republican Party is the party of Rich OLD White Men.

ONLY!
You didn't listen to that whole sound bite, either, did you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 09:37 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Goes to show you that misogyny sells on right wing radio.

Rush Limbaugh Attacks Sandra Fluke Again (AUDIO)

Pretenders Ohio - YouTube

Old 04-25-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Quite missing leading as usual. Most of what he was talking about was Fluke tweeting about high student loans. So, now the woman wants her loans forgiven and free contraception.

There was no attack!! Guess, the left is getting desperate when lying is all they have left.
What I heard Rush doing on that sound bite was informing us that we would be getting the whole student loan - underwater house loans thing till election day from Obama. The young lady had tweeted that student loans were going to skyrocket, kind of like electricity, if Congress does nothing for them. That was so much a part of what the White House denizens, Dunn and Rosen, had planned for her to do in support of deflecting our attention from what Obama is doing since he can't run on his record.

This would all be funny as hell if it weren't for the fact that so many people didn't even listen to the sound bite.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I thought this died down. Why is he bringing her back up again? Does he secretly have a crush on her?
Hey, listen to that sound bite and maybe, just maybe, you will understand what he was doing and this time he was just pointing out the fact that she is a tool of Obama in his campaign.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Actually it came out IIRC, that she's not even a college student. She is in her 30's and she's a DNC activist, not a college student. From what I heard, the whole student things was a fabricated lie.
But the thing she was crying about in that tweet was that her student loan would go up drastically if the Congress does nothing to help her. That appears to me to be part of the set up of the House where the GOP rules. There are some shrewd cookies in the White House and they have to have the student vote and are after it in some shady but shrewd ways.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I may need to correct something here. She may or may not STILL be a student. I think she is just an activist, but she is NOT the 23 year old we were told she was and has been an activist for the government for a while.

Whoopsie: Georgetown’s 23 year old
The worst part of her activism is that her tweet followed the announcement by Obama that if Congress doesn't do something about student loan rates by summer the students will suffer even more. Her tweet didn't mention contraception, just student loan rates. It is so obvious that Obama is trying to set up the GOP in the House as the bad guys for election day.

Not a soul has mentioned the fact that Rush mentioned the names of Rosen and Dunn along with the White House as the planners for Fluke's present push. I do so wonder if I am the only one who listened to that whole sound bite from HuffPo.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Talking Joe The Plumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Hey, listen to that sound bite and maybe, just maybe, you will understand what he was doing and this time he was just pointing out the fact that she is a tool of Obama in his campaign.

You're right roy.

And that's a dirty trick, isn't it? The GOP would never try to capitalize on the plight of a private citizen.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
It's just more female voters for the Democratic Party. it's getting to the point that you really almost have to hold your nose to deal with the stench of hatred put out by Conservatives.
Go back to the OP and listen to the sound bite so you can understand just what Fluke was tweeting about and it sure wasn't anything about sex. So many here have gone off on that tangent that this thread became something much less than it should have been.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
I already posted it in the thread. Pay attention. Are you trying to say that you never heard her called a 23 year old college student by the media? Wow, where have you been on this?
That was kind of like Trayvon Martin's 12 year old picture at the beginning and done by a media source. Lies work very well especially, sometimes.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You're right roy.

And that's a dirty trick, isn't it? The GOP would never try to capitalize on the plight of a private citizen.
Damn, old buddy, I was talking about what this whole thing was about in its beginning, not the dirty political trick, although it is a dirty trick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies