Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 11:24 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately my wife listens to the show while getting ready for work. The comedians are funny though - especially Dominique - she cracks me up.

Anyway - today they where mentioning Ohio gov Kasich turning down federal money for tornado disaster aid.

< Story here: Kasich turns down federal disaster aid >

Their spin was to wonder how much hate Kasich has towards Obama to not take the money. People are hurting, the state has no money and because of hate and politics, he will not take the money.

Ultimately Kasich will be judged on how he gets this done - with or without federal money. And he said he may request some later. But what is wrong with restraining oneself from jumping at money just because it's there? Heck - the federal government has no money now - where are they getting it from?

But the stance of these cheerleaders is typical - all Obama, all the time - fanning the destructive flames of racism and divisiveness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 11:44 AM

576 posts, read 586,116 times
Typical of the Obama supporters.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:49 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,159 times
It's not racism when the left says it or approves of the rationale behind it. Left-wingers aren't racist.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:50 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
"Tom Joyner Morning Show - Approved Racism"

If the Governor uses state funds for disaster response / aid, that's fine with me. I don't think poorly of him for wanting to go-it alone. But I'm confused by your use of the word "racism." What did Joyner say that you think indicates he's a racist? Thanks.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:50 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
I'm sorry, I missed the part where there was "approved racism"...

Old 03-06-2012, 12:10 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Unfortunately my wife listens to the show while getting ready for work. The comedians are funny though - especially Dominique - she cracks me up.

Anyway - today they where mentioning Ohio gov Kasich turning down federal money for tornado disaster aid.

< Story here: Kasich turns down federal disaster aid >

Their spin was to wonder how much hate Kasich has towards Obama to not take the money. People are hurting, the state has no money and because of hate and politics, he will not take the money.

Ultimately Kasich will be judged on how he gets this done - with or without federal money. And he said he may request some later. But what is wrong with restraining oneself from jumping at money just because it's there? Heck - the federal government has no money now - where are they getting it from?

But the stance of these cheerleaders is typical - all Obama, all the time - fanning the destructive flames of racism and divisiveness.
I thank you are missing something about the Obama presidency and his re-election. Tea party people and the people who support them don't want Obama gone because of his policies. They want to be able to say "see black men cant lead". Then they can feel justified in not hiring,promoting,or approving business loans for black men. When Obama got elected I noticed some of my GOP supporting colleagues at work acted differently toward me. Something had changed on the social front and they were not happy about it. If Obama loses in November it is a lost for all black men. That is what this group including this gov. wants to happen.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:12 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I thank you are missing something about the Obama presendency and his re-election. Tea party people and the people who support them dont want Obama gone because of his policies. They want to be able to say "see black men cant lead". Then they can feel justified in not hiring,promoting,or approving business loans for black men. When Obama got elected I noticed some of my GOP supporting colleagues at work acted differently toward me. Something had changed on the social front and they were not happy about it. If Obama loses in November it is a lost for all black men. That is what this group including this gov. wants to happen.
I'm sorry, where does the TEA PARTY say "Black men can't lead"? You know a black man delivered the TEA PARTY response to the State of the Union, right?

What's true is, the liberal "elite" WANT the TEA PARTY to say that "Black men can't lead".

FAIL.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:17 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,906 times
How does racism fit into any of this? Partisan yes, but racism?

Old 03-06-2012, 12:20 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
I don't think you know what the word racism means.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:20 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
How is this racism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies