Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 10:50 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,543,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
In the industrialized world. I'm not saying there is some genetic trait that makes Americans stupid, I'm saying the Dumbing Down of America is deliberate and necessary for the continuing usurpation of Americans rights and taxes for the personal gain of a select number of extremely wealthy and powerful people who have figured out how to get away with it.

There are extremely few politicians out there who are brave enough to challenge the status quo. Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, and Bernie Sanders come to mind. Three out of 525.

And the mainstream, corporate, conservative media has trained most Americans to denigrate and ignore what they say. Mention any of the above on this forum and listen to the responses. That's just more evidence.
Not sure about Bernie Sanders, but I would add Cynthia McKinney to your list. She's a good woman, that did her best to expose the truth about Libya. She also made me question my views of Palestine, she may be right and I have been wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 10:53 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,132,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Everything in the video was spot on. Americans are the dumbest, most uninformed/misinformed human beings on earth, raised since birth to believe they are the best and to not question why their government orders its military to napalm Vietnamese civilians or blow Iraqi civilians to pieces.
It started long before that, Hitler basically got the blueprint for his war crimes by learning from America what they did to the indians and the atrocities committed during the Civil War. It comes full circle as our leaders learn to use "checkpoints', labels, rights for a select few among other things popular pre WW2 Germany.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:56 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,474,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Not sure about Bernie Sanders, but I would add Cynthia McKinney to your list. She's a good woman, that did her best to expose the truth about Libya. She also made me question my views of Palestine, she may be right and I have been wrong.
Cynthia McKinney is best known for getting into an argument with a Capitol security guard (thanks to the conservative media), but she is actually very bright. She is also very polarizing. She also ran for President on the Green Party platform in 2004.

If you think about it, Citizens United has all but assured that third parties in American elections are dead. It is quite easy for the power brokers to manipulate the numbers in two parties to achieve their goals. If you only need to buy off a majority in either party, how hard can that be?

Old 03-08-2012, 11:06 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,682,701 times
I thought this thread was goig to be ablout Obama being president from title and about the econmy recoverig with no real job growth. Fooled me.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:28 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,411,744 times
Not given up, but do believe that those kids who were chanting USA, should not of gotten in trouble for that. I do not care if the other kids were HISPANIC, if they were born in this Country, are they not Americans too!
We should never be ashame of being proud of chanting USA at games, this is still American, isn't it?

Old 03-09-2012, 03:31 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,354,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
If we do it to other countries all the time, we are wrong. How idiotic would it be for a Kenyan to watch a US propoganda news station chartered by the CIA and think that it's the "real news" because it got a story or two right? Don't be a willing dupe, G. Do some research into RT. This is not a credible news source.
A news bite must be taken from several different sources, not just American sources. And to discredit a source because someone else tells you to, is also not credible. In order to better understand an issue, you need to evaluate several different sources before coming to a conclusion.

But to just write off RT as "not a credible news source" would require much more study than you have given here.

May we all be able to hear the Truth, WHEREVER it is found.

Peace,
brian

Old 03-09-2012, 03:53 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,102,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Waterboarding isn't torture.
Re-Post.

What????!!!!!!!

Old 03-09-2012, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Halliburton was the only company allowed to bid on a $7 billion contract during the Iraq war.

And what do you call waterboarding?

Has Cheney ever been waterboarded?

He dodged the draft 5 times, he's a chickenhawk, nothing more.
We lost accounts in the meat packing industry due to "no-bid" contracts during the war. There was no bidding process like there typically is. Accounts were simply handed out.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Because it was the company most qualified.

I call it coerce interrogation. It is used on U.S. Navy SEALS for training purposes. Did Cheney order waterboarding? I didn't realize he was the president.

Silly question. Why would he be waterboarded?

Dodging the draft is when you are ordered to report and don't (like William the Impeached did).
We found that out by them NOT bidding. Makes a lot of sense. Just so happens they had a relationship with Cheney. Convenient.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:08 AM

24,495 posts, read 33,233,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
We found that out by them NOT bidding. Makes a lot of sense. Just so happens they had a relationship with Cheney. Convenient.
Again, Haliburton also had no-bid contracts during the Clinton administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies