Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 04:47 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Again, Haliburton also had no-bid contracts during the Clinton administration.
The accounts we lost personally happened during the Iraq war. I'm not placing blame on one political party or the other, there's crooks on both sides. I'm simply highlighting "politics" at its finest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 09:29 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
PressTV - 40 embarrassing things US best at

Old 03-09-2012, 09:42 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
If you vote for the apparent Republican nominee or the decided Democratic one, then you have given up on America. They represent the two sides of the same worthless coin.
You're angry at the parties but you need to see that it is the system that dictated these parties. You could call them the purple federalist or the green whigs and it would all be the same outcome. Legalized bribery calls the shots (likely longer than I've been alive, they're only brazen about it now) and it's killing us.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:50 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
America will be fine. We've been through much the same before and worse. The ship of state may drift hither and yon sometimes, but The People will always correct it sooner or later.

Be like Jefferson: Know your history and trust The People.
Once the robber barron class runs out of people to fleece, they'll move on. The erosion of our demographic as a nation is the hard way to be rid of traitors.

I had the option to go & have a carefree life. I dug my heels into the hills instead.
Speaking of Jefferson...
Quote:
The time to guard against corruption and tyranny, is before they shall have gotten hold on us. It is better to keep the wolf out of the fold, than to trust to drawing his teeth and talons after he shall have entered.
Separation of Powers: Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, Query 13, 120--21

Old 03-09-2012, 09:54 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
I'm pretty fed up with America frankly. Can't deal with the religious extremists, social conservative Republicans, and weak Democrats.

I'd seriously look into spending some time in Europe if it were possible to emigrate. Mainly for the cultural experience and just to take a break from American stupidity.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:04 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Don't forget the greed based prison system that actually rewards people for throwing minorities in jail. Hence, why the war against drugs will never end.
I was just reading an article about the Corrections Corporation of America.
Our prison system has become a for profit institution to make the criminals on Wall Street and their respective CEO's rich at other peoples misery.

One of the arguments put forth is this people should be doing hard labor to pay for their incarceration.

I call *******s.

The purpose for prison should be for rehabilitation and if others are worried about the costs, then the solution is obvious.
Get rid of all these victim-less useless laws that infringe on our freedoms and you would see the prison populations drop 700%. Which it inflated to since the 3 strikes law was implemented, plus a ton of other laws created since.

We can no longer call ourselves the freest nor greatest country in the world with free and fair elections, simply because of the government and The Big Business and Banks in bed with them.

Drop government to 5% of its size and give the power back to the states and a lot of these problems would disappear.

I love my country and its people, but not the small percent that make up the top portion in Government, Big Business and Wall Street.

The government does not a country make!

I can love my country, but that does not mean supporting its government, nor the criminals in bed with them, and nor the criminal wars they are engaged in.

Government does not equal country.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
CNN and Fox are both owned by corporate interests. I detest all of them

real news on linktv or free speech tv.com. The rest of you can just remain myopic and listen to pablum from Ali Velshi, or whoevers on Fox. I do not trust any of them for real news on the actual economy.
That is one big reason I don't have any cable TV or watch anything over the air.
Why should I pay these criminal corporations and their propaganda to be pumped into my house? With me paying for it? Ridiculous.

I have the ability to watch what I want to watch this way, via DVD's, internet etc.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:35 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
A news bite must be taken from several different sources, not just American sources. And to discredit a source because someone else tells you to, is also not credible. In order to better understand an issue, you need to evaluate several different sources before coming to a conclusion.

But to just write off RT as "not a credible news source" would require much more study than you have given here.

May we all be able to hear the Truth, WHEREVER it is found.

Peace,
brian
I can get behind your statements. I just want people to understand what these sources are and where they're coming from. They have a strong, anti-American bias. That's their purpose. Just look as the story that is being discussed. If someone in Russia only had this news soure to judge America by, they might think that Americans are fleeing the country. lol. That's absolutely laughable. The number of Americans who are ready to "give up" on the country are less than a fraction of a percent. It's not a very newsworthy story.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:38 AM

All news sources have an apparent bias.
Therefore it is up to the individual to be responsible and seek out all sources in order to gain a bigger picture. Not one that is spoonfed by one country only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I can get behind your statements. I just want people to understand what these source.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I'm pretty fed up with America frankly. Can't deal with the religious extremists, social conservative Republicans, and weak Democrats.

I'd seriously look into spending some time in Europe if it were possible to emigrate. Mainly for the cultural experience and just to take a break from American stupidity.
gee I think Iran or Iraq might welcome you or have you thought about India, the living conditions there are so wonderful. Oh, and Greece, it is safe and so well managed, how about trying to find a job there, I bet they would welcome you with open arms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies