Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 01:35 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,044,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
They don't have President in their ranks do they.

Sorry Asians no disrespect. He is hitting at us with you pretty hard.
Us, who is us? I'm hitting at you. I know plenty of blacks, and I won't insult them by suggesting they're at all like you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 01:37 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Us, who is us? I'm hitting at you. I know plenty of blacks, and I won't insult them by suggesting they're at all like you.
I bet you dont say the things to them you say on here

Old 03-07-2012, 01:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
I'm not? Now wait just a cotton pickin' moment, I thought MENSA was for high I.Q individuals.

See, you don't even know what you're talking about - no wonder your'e so angry.
It is. Hence my point about your qualifications.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I bet you dont say the things to them you say on here
Some of them I do, actually, and they say the things you say. They're my friends, and we joke around.

Your problem is that you're racist in your own way.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:52 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Genetically speaking, some white people just like to blame minorities for America's problems, even their own.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Some of them I do, actually, and they say the things you say. They're my friends, and we joke around.

Your problem is that you're racist in your own way.
So you can call me racist and I guess thats just fine. If I return the favor it doesn't work out so well for me but I guess we get judged the same right? Tell your friends what I think. I'm sure they will agree that we blacks have it made and always get by with our inferior work want they? Tell me this have you ever done something and got away with it knowing full well one of those black friends would not have?

Old 03-07-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
So you can call me racist and I guess thats just fine. If I return the favor it doesn't work out so well for me but I guess we get judged the same right? Tell your friends what I think. I'm sure they will agree that we blacks have it made and always get by with our inferior work want they? Tell me this have you ever done something and got away with it knowing full well one of those black friends would not have?
I do tell them that, when they make a jab that I have it made because I'm white, or something similar - I'm sorry you don't have a close enough relationship with a non black person where you can talk openly like that.

I've never done something I would get away with that my black friends would not have - but hey, my boss is Black... Which, how is that possible?! A white man working under a black man? That's impossible! All whites run everything!

Old 03-07-2012, 01:58 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
when was the last time you were slandered because some other straight white male molested a child?
Straights, whites, males, and Christians are constantly slandered on this forum by the so-called "forward thinking" liberals, progressives, and Democrats.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I do tell them that, when they make a jab that I have it made because I'm white, or something similar - I'm sorry you don't have a close enough relationship with a non black person where you can talk openly like that.

I've never done something I would get away with that my black friends would not have - but hey, my boss is Black... Which, how is that possible?! A white man working under a black man? That's impossible! All whites run everything!
Hummm now we can narrow down some things. AA for inferior work? Black boss?........... what do you think about this person?

Old 03-07-2012, 02:06 PM

994 posts, read 724,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I've seen this happen to all minorities on these threads and on other blogs but gay people such as myself get blamed for everything ANY gay person does by some.

i have never heard of this happening to straight white males, they're all thought of as complete individuals.

If a gay guy commits a crime.. then i've actually had people tell me that THAT is the reason why gay people are perceived as such and such

i've never been to a gay pride parade, but i've been told that 'you people and your parades' such and such

and that if i want to be seen differently it's MY responsibility to make sure gay people to such and such..

like i have the time to travel around the country and talk to each gay person and make sure that they behave in a way that i wan them too and that it's my responsibility to do so.

it's like people believe that all gay people have the same lifestyles and live life the same way.

if an individual straight white guy does something you hardly ever here people placing blame upon them as a group, they're all seen as individuals, unlike us.
Oh well, I guess you just gotta take the bad with the good when you get into identity politics.

In terms of politics, what you say is completely untrue. Straight White Men are the whipping posts of the Left. We are all racist, sexist, rich, greedy, uncaring, controlling, etc.

But in terms of things like crime, you're right. And I think that comes from being the standard. We don't have Straight White Mens Studies classes. We don't have quota slots reserved for us. We don't have a National Association for the Advancement of Straight White Men. All that stuff serves to promote stereotypes. We are the one group in society that is not allowed to promote ourselves. And the flipside of that is we don't get labelled. Except, as I said, by leftists looking to score political points - in which case it's the complete reverse and straight white men are the ONLY ones who get stereotyped.

So like I said, that's how identity politics goes. You can't create a protected minority out of yourselves without getting stereotyped by the majority. Just doesn't work that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies