Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 02:49 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,489,914 times

Advertisements

That's all there is? Please, tell me the extremists, liars, crackers and other oddball opponents of President Obama aren't relying on the content of the linked video to reveal something sinister about the President, or something we don't know or suspect about his background.

"Now, to be fair, if you tease out the politics here, Obama was taking a more left-wing position than you would probably see him advocating as president. Obama was a moderate and unifying figure, but within the context of a political debate that was fairly radical." (source: New York Magazine)

Fabled Obama Race Video Surfaces! [Updated] -- Daily Intel

I'm disappointed. Given that the folks who produced other doctored untruthful videos came up with something this weak.

It must be a very slow news day.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-07-2012 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 02:58 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,863 times
So, basically, more idiocy from Breitbart's pack of jackals. It's funny to hear them complain about "heavily edited" video, given that deceptively edited video is their only real skill, and I'm pretty sure that people won't be all that offended about how Obama once defended a strong voice in equal treatment for black academics - although it doesn't shock me to see that these clowns find that idea offensive.

In any case, this footage has actually been around for years, so and was shown on PBS, so the whining about how it "wasn't examined" is just flat-out wrong. And yeah, this is just about equal with Breitbart's first vetting article that lied about Saul Alinsky and Studs Terkel.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:06 PM

42 posts, read 25,384 times
This coming from Breitbart makes it lose all credibility anyway, which is why nobody cares about it.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:11 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Good question. Here's what I think. In 2008 who were Obama's political opponents? In the run up to the convention it was mainly Hillary. She had no interest in exposing Obama's radical past because she's as radical as he is. Remember, she is the one who interned with Saul Alinsky one summer while she was in college. To have attacked Obama for his radical associations would have exposed her for the phoney she is. And, of course, Hillary learned the hard way that any attack on Obama was going to be spun as racism.

After Obama won the nomination his political opponent was John "My friend" McCain. He wanted to take the high road and avoid any negative campaigning. So he had no interest in digging into Obama's past, even ignoring his atrocious record on infanticide while Obama served in the Illinois state senate.
I knew Hillary wrote her senior thesis on Alinsky. When did she intern with him? Please provide a link.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:42 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,200,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Because when you're a politician, the only thing you should be defined by is your career as a politician. Nothing more, nothing less.
The same way the Left has defined Sarah Palin solely by her career as a politician. Gimme a break......

Old 03-07-2012, 03:46 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
THE VETTING: Ben Smith Releases Selectively Edited Obama Race Video

Vetting continues

Interesting to see what actually was cut out. Look forward to seeing it.

Full video will be on Hannity tonight with discussion with Ben Shapiro
Vetting the democratic Pres. what a concept. Wish we had a real news media in the country.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:55 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,489,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The same way the Left has defined Sarah Palin solely by her career as a politician. Gimme a break......
I think the public has defined Sarah Palin by what she has said and done since she was nominated as the GOP Vice Presidential candidate. No need to refer to things such as the "Bridge to Nowhere." What's she's demonstrated about herself is quite daming. As it should be.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:58 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Because when you're a politician, the only thing you should be defined by is your career as a politician. Nothing more, nothing less.
I'm amazed at the perpetual shallowness of the Left. God help us if this is the generation that we can expect to lead us through what's to come.

I'd reconcile that even your fellow Liberals don't agree with you.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:58 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times
The big unveiling will be on Hannutty? I guess they don't want many to see it, huh?

Old 03-07-2012, 04:00 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,200,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I think the public has defined Sarah Palin by what she has said and done since she was nominated as the GOP Vice Presidential candidate. No need to refer to things such as the "Bridge to Nowhere." What's she's demonstrated about herself is quite daming. As it should be.

All sorts of negative aspersions were cast her way for her daughter, Bristol, giving birth to a child out-of-wedlock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies