Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 07:12 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Women do not use c*nt or sl*t as a term of endearment. B*tch, maybe.
Well, you're older (nothing against that) and, sorry to say, not quite up on the things that go one these days in the younger crowd.

I hear it all the time between women and they're not enemies, they're friends and not just one set of friends, it's between large numbers of women.

Of course some stay classy and don't use such vile wording to address their friends.

Heck, just look at the selective outrage of people like harborlady.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 09:24 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
The words sl-t and prostitute are not profanities. C*nt is! What is the matter with libs!

Rush apologized, Maher never would.
It always pays to read previous posts:

Bill Maher Defends Limbaugh’s Free Speech Rights, Responds To ‘False Equivalency’ From Right | Mediaite

Old 03-11-2012, 11:30 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Interesting rambling incoherent post.

Poor women.

Wanda Sykes hopes for Rush Limbaugh's death while Obama laughs - YouTube
I like the way they twist Rush's words to make it "I hope the country fails", which couldn't be farther from the truth. He said he hopes Obama fails so America doesn't.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post

C*nt is a profanity, but when someone is conducting themselves in a profane way-- does the adjective fit or not? Palin-- absolutely. Add Coulter and Bachmann to that list.

What is the definition of that word? Does it define womanhood? For some men like Rush it does. This is not a one time incident.

The term c*nt is a vulgar expression aimed at female genitalia motivated by male resentment of their own sick desire using sexuality as a means of dehumanizing another. The very word describes both behavior and the resentment of someone who believes themselves victimized by the very values they've embraced. A projection of their own abdication of responsibility.

The entire republican party/ right wing media is a c*nt when their behavior is the only criteria for judgment.

I'm deeply saddened to see Kay Bailey leave politics. She deserved so much better than the crap she's had to work with for colleagues.
What a demented post!

Old 03-11-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Then why is the word sl** censored on here? Regardless, it's more about context and whether or not somebody has earned the name... Sarah Palin has acted like a c*** and deserves to be called one, whereas Sarah Fluke isn't a prostitute and most likely not a sl**. Rush (and so many other neocons) are attacking her for speaking up on healthcare issues, and decided to assume things about her sex life based on her support of birth control coverage. How does that make her promiscuous or a prostitute? Are you saying any woman who uses birth control is sleeping around? If so, that is where the misogynistic view comes into play, and THAT is what most people are angry about right now.

It's not about the words, it's about the implications and false assumptions... get that through your heads already.

This post shows how sick the left can be.
The joke by Rush was stupid, It implied that if she wants to get paid for her birth control then she was getting paid to have sex. He apologized. But Cun^ is okay with you sickos.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:45 AM

521 posts, read 859,776 times
Free speech is free speech regardless if the term being discussed is one that a majority of individuals deem inappropriate or vulgar.

Calling people names like "sicko" or even "cun*" isn't the way to respond to somebody's actions you deem inappropriate or vulgar.

Taking the high road, also known as being ethical and responsible for what you say, is dying the quickest death I hoped I'd never see.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiScree View Post
Free speech is free speech regardless if the term being discussed is one that a majority of individuals deem inappropriate or vulgar.

Calling people names like "sicko" or even "cun*" isn't the way to respond to somebody's actions you deem inappropriate or vulgar.

Taking the high road, also known as being ethical and responsible for what you say, is dying the quickest death I hoped I'd never see.
You know I didn't call anyone cun* so why would you say it?

Old 03-11-2012, 01:26 PM

521 posts, read 859,776 times
Quote:
You know I didn't call anyone cun* so why would you say it?
While I usually don't respond to people if they don't understand the diction used in my posts, I'm going to with this one because I detect a hint of smugness on your part.

If you'd care to reread my post, I said ". . .or even cun*." Within the context used, this would imply that anyone using any derogatory term, even the word used, would be in the wrong. Since this thread is about Maher's comments towards women, excuse me for assuming people reading the posts would be able to use deductive reasoning.

No where in my post did I say you called anyone that term.

Thanks.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:50 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
I like the way they twist Rush's words to make it "I hope the country fails", which couldn't be farther from the truth. He said he hopes Obama fails so America doesn't.
Explanation fail.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:52 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Talk about living in 1970!

Just curious...do you live next to Meatwad, Shakezilla and Frylock?

Being a male **** is just as bad, and boinkin' a bunch of bimbos is nothing to be proud of in 2012.

Take off the gold chain and button up the shirt. No one wants to see the hair salad.
Says who? Honestly, in what universe (maybe apart from deeply religious fellows) is it not okay - encouraged even - for men to boink whomever they feel like?

Are you really telling me that men call other men sl*ts as a derogatory term? That a man's reputation can be ruined because of it?

Honestly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies