Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 07:42 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,199,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yeah, that would be pretty bad! I can check email or maybe my bank account for a minute, but I can't be goofing off or answering my phone/texting while at the reference desk. How unprofessional would that look, especially with our strict "no cell phone" policy?

I know, right?? You really have to wonder about people who are supposedly at work, and yet they're posting on here or Facebook (like many of my office-working friends do) all freakin day. What are they being paid to do, exactly? If you ever see me posting on CD or FB during my work hours, it's only from my iPhone at breaks. Sorry, OT but I had to say it.
Ditto. I have very little time to play on the computer at my work, even though we use computers a lot. If you see me posting during daytime hours, I'm either off for the day (I work part-time) or I'm at lunch. Check the time I post. It will be from 12:30 to 1:30 Mountain time if I'm at work. When I have to stay and be the "late nurse", ie, the one to stay until the last doc is finished, I sometimes get on, but that would be after 5:30 PM MT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 07:19 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,360,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Keep on trying to protect the crud from HBO but I have heard him say things worse that calling Pallin a c*nt. I had to stop watching him because of the things he called people on the non-left side of things.
He never called Palin a c*nt on his HBO show. If you heard him say it, then you were attending one of his pay-to-go, stand up comedy shows.

Maher took on both his left and right critics last night:

Bill Maher Defends Limbaugh’s Free Speech Rights, Responds To ‘False Equivalency’ From Right | Mediaite

Old 03-10-2012, 07:46 PM

30,448 posts, read 52,164,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
With regard to jokes about Down Syndrome babies;
would that be "cool" or "funny?"
Again, one joke does not define the entire man or his entire act... and the fact that this is the only example you keep citing tells me you know that already. Was George Carlin not cool or funny? Because he made WAY more offensive jokes than Maher, and yet conservatives & liberals alike still praise his comedic genius.

So to answer your question, he is still cool and funny despite a tasteless joke here & there... btw, can you please tell us when & how he made fun of the child or his condition? I haven't heard or seen that, and the only quote thus far said nothing that would be considered making fun of Down Syndrome.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:06 PM

38,698 posts, read 26,507,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Democrat Women Who Condone Bill Maher's Comments Toward Palin

That's not what the interviewer asked her to do. He asked her to call up Obama and demand that he return political donations. Either you didn't click on your own link or you purposely are trying to mislead other members.

"I wouldn't so far as to ask that the contribution be returned, but I do join you in condemning this sort of verbal abuse of women who choose to stand up and make their voices heard."

See how easy that was?

But while we're on the subject, why does the Obama Administration accept campaign contributions from a pig like Maher?

Old 03-10-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I watch Bill Maher. He's a comedian and he pillories men as often as he does women. If he's anything, I'd say he's an equal opportunity phobic-creep...

The same could be said of Limbaugh, but the standard applied by the left is very different.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Apparently so is the right, since many of you seem to be defending Rush like he's your daddy... some even agreeing with his comments about Fluke. Or is this whole Maher deflection just a cover, so you don't have to admit he made an oopsie?

Who's defending Rush?

He's a grown man and he can take the heat when he screws up.

He apologized for his language as did Mr. Ed and that's enough.

Maher is another story altogether.

As for Ms. Fluke, who needs $3,000/ year for contraceptives?

If she is mocked for this, she's the one who put herself in a position to be mocked.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:41 PM

31,302 posts, read 20,831,082 times
That's because these idiots condone any criticism of Palin. Palin is fair game. Maher can call her whatever he wants and the Dems will not condemn his offensive language.

Hypocrites.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:43 PM

31,302 posts, read 20,831,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post

The misogynist in question is a c*nt. Palin is a c*nt, by definition and by her own personal conduct. As a matter of fact, so too, is nearly the entire republican party a... c*nt. Behavior defines you. Content of character, or lack thereof, defines you. You are IT. It is YOU.

!

Hmmmmm... are you a c*nt? You appear to have a lot of experience in this area.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:43 PM

30,448 posts, read 52,164,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Who's defending Rush?
Maybe not defending, but certainly deflecting and/or ignoring. And was it you or another conservative who said "if you don't condemn it you support it?"

Quote:
He's a grown man and he can take the heat when he screws up.

He apologized for his language as did Mr. Ed and that's enough.

Maher is another story altogether.
I see you edited your post before I hit "quote," but in response to what you originally said - at least Bill Maher has a backbone, and stands by his opinions & actions. Aren't you guys always saying people should have the cajones to stand by what they say? I actually would have respected Rush more for standing behind his comments, rather than issuing some insincere faux apology to keep his sponsors happy.

Not that I care either way, since Rush is a blowhard who has no significance to my life... or anyone else's for that matter.

Quote:
As for Ms. Fluke, who needs $3,000/ year for contraceptives?

If she is mocked for this, she's the one who put herself in a position to be mocked.
I haven't read the whole transcript yet, but wasn't that $3000 in reference to her friend, who uses the birth control for a medical condition? And didn't that figure include lab work and office visits to get the prescription? With the exception of condoms (and maybe the sponge, if that still exists), birth control requires a doctor's visit in order to get your scrip - and in the cases where it's being used for medical conditions, they also require labwork in addition to frequent check ups. All of that stuff costs money, even if you have insurance!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:44 PM

29,917 posts, read 39,571,292 times

"Right-wing ****!" MSNBC's Ed Schultz suspended for Laura Ingraham insult - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies