Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 09:34 PM

31,293 posts, read 20,793,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
A. Behave yourself and you'll find out I am a lady.

Now that is really funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 09:35 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,809,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Dem female leaders and left leaning organizations like "NOW" were very silent when Hillarys husband was screwing the interns in the white house as well, nothing new here.
Is there some reason why Hillary Clinton was held libel in the press by right wing media for what her husband did?

Old 03-10-2012, 09:37 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,822,394 times
Quote:
No Kumbaya here. You want breast milk when you're grown with teeth- what's wrong with you? You see, it's not everyone else's responsibility to whip out a boob to feed you. Behave yourself and you'll find out I am a lady. I'm also a lady who doesn't take crap from malevolent idiots. Medic bag in one hand, a gun in the other hand. Who do you care to meet? How you treat me decides who you will meet. Simple as that.

I don't want anyone to feed me;
besides, breast milk is much too sweet.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:41 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,351,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegonagle View Post
Same.

Another difference is an 8 year old trying to find the Disney station on the radio can hear this. HBO can be blocked with the V-Chip and other parental controls.

HBO is a pay service running through private cable and satellite subscriptions. Radio is a limited public resource which anyone hear for free, and by law is regulated "in the public interest" by the FCC, including Obscenity, Indecency and Profanity. Radio is also paid for by advertisers, not the audience. It's completely different by nature of the medium.
The words sl-t and prostitute are not profanities. C*nt is! What is the matter with libs!

Rush apologized, Maher never would.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:46 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,446,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Maybe not defending, but certainly deflecting and/or ignoring. And was it you or another conservative who said "if you don't condemn it you support it?"

I see you edited your post before I hit "quote," but in response to what you originally said - at least Bill Maher has a backbone, and stands by his opinions & actions. Aren't you guys always saying people should have the cajones to stand by what they say? I actually would have respected Rush more for standing behind his comments, rather than issuing some insincere faux apology to keep his sponsors happy.

Not that I care either way, since Rush is a blowhard who has no significance to my life... or anyone else's for that matter.

I haven't read the whole transcript yet, but wasn't that $3000 in reference to her friend, who uses the birth control for a medical condition? And didn't that figure include lab work and office visits to get the prescription? With the exception of condoms (and maybe the sponge, if that still exists), birth control requires a doctor's visit in order to get your scrip - and in the cases where it's being used for medical conditions, they also require labwork in addition to frequent check ups. All of that stuff costs money, even if you have insurance!

"Bill Maher has a backbone"

I'll wait for the X-rays on that one.

I've attempted to watch his show and I have to admit, I just don't get it.

To me it seems like the Daily Show only without the balance of opinion and careful fact checking.

As for Rush's sponsors, fifteen million weekly listeners will not be ignored.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:48 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,525,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
The words sl-t and prostitute are not profanities. C*nt is! What is the matter with libs!

Rush apologized, Maher never would.
Sl*t is no different than the word ni**er. Women use it in terms of endearment but as soon as someone other that the special interest group uses it it's game on, a war, have you.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Not that I care either way, since Rush is a blow hard who has no significance to my life... or anyone else's for that matter.
Oh doesn't he now? When he's peddling his wares winding up morons to use you for target practice you might think otherwise.
Quote:
First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.
~Pastor Martin Niemöller
When nation of Islam or KKK animate themselves to incite sedition, hatred & violence on huge swaths of the population, that's not innocent. Neither is the career of misogyny Rush has made for himself. No one wants to see it because it's inflicted on women. Those human beings living in nomans land since this nation started. Bull sh*t.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Sl*t is no different than the word ni**er. Women use it in terms of endearment but as soon as someone other that the special interest group uses it it's game on, a war, have you.
Not women who have respect for themselves and who are in fact NOT sl*ts.

I'd rather not keep the company of male sl*ts, or female sl*ts, or n*ggers, whether self identified, or apparent in their behavior. They certainly do not represent me now or ever. Nor are they worthy of any office of import/ authority. EVER. I don't care what color they are, what gender, what creed, or any such trivial nonsense.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:57 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,970,139 times
Quote:
Is there some reason why Hillary Clinton was held libel in the press by right wing media for what her husband did?
Your the one who constantly belittles men and you don't see the problem Hillary pretty much told the world that her man can chase all the women he wants just don't get caught and he did. Not once, not twice, at least three women that had the guts to come forward and claim long term affairs. The press has barely touched on this issue with their King Clinton, he's still seen as some honorable man.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-11-2012 at 05:47 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 03-10-2012, 09:59 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,446,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Being able to call a woman the c word is equality. I don't care about that.

There are equalily offensive terms for all people. If I call Rush a motherf*cker, am I sexist? No. Rude and out of line? Probably.

But the word sl*t, which means something else entirely, implies that women should be ashamed for having sex. There's no equivalent word for shaming men.

Because, men don't get shamed for it. Until women can do what half the population does with the same impunity, then in that arena, we aren't equal.

Talk about living in 1970!

Just curious...do you live next to Meatwad, Shakezilla and Frylock?

Being a male **** is just as bad, and boinkin' a bunch of bimbos is nothing to be proud of in 2012.

Take off the gold chain and button up the shirt. No one wants to see the hair salad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies