Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 11:44 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,093,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I haven't read the whole transcript yet, but wasn't that $3000 in reference to her friend, who uses the birth control for a medical condition? And didn't that figure include lab work and office visits to get the prescription? With the exception of condoms (and maybe the sponge, if that still exists), birth control requires a doctor's visit in order to get your scrip - and in the cases where it's being used for medical conditions, they also require labwork in addition to frequent check ups. All of that stuff costs money, even if you have insurance!
The $3000 was in reference to the total cost of contraception with BCP through the three years of law school, i.e., $1000/yr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 11:48 PM

93 posts, read 72,001 times
Why is Bill's comment misogynistic?

Old 03-10-2012, 11:50 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,818,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
C'mon... you know I care about the actual topic, and I'm never shy about defending even the (certain) issues that don't affect me personally. But Rush himself is just a puppet, and if he hadn't said it, the conservatives would have found another avenue for spreading this crap. So I refuse to give that blowhard any MORE power, by saying he has any affect on me - or women in general.
First bolded-- he's a paid puppet. He is the sl*t he accuses. HE is the PROSTITUTE. This is akin to Heidi Fleiss bankrolled by millions giving a morality lecture to a mother of 3 for crying out loud. He's unworthy of the platform he's been occupying all along.

Second bolded-- Strongly disagree. He does have power over the most mentally unstable boys in male bodies incapable of self respect or respect for anyone who fails to emotionally validate their parking space in life. So normal women have to walk around in life tip toeing around drunken idiots and morons all wound up. To be full time therapists in the general population to placate these babies? I think not. Rush should be paying their therapy bills. Not the rest of us.

You're a librarian-- go do some homework about military tactics/ war games. They're being inflicted on Americans through RW media profiteering from the very strife they orchestrate. Communists pushing back Nazi's in Germany were made to be vicious. How they were recruited & made vicious is worthy of your attention. The atrocities they committed are documented well by English sources.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
You're on a roll tonight!
The civility is overwhelming.
I don't negotiate with terrorists. That policy was bipartisan agreement at a federal level applicable to enemies of the state. Enemies both foreign and domestic applies. Rush wants to make this country into a zero sum game where I can't live unless he's dead, I'll give you one guess who's going to live. I'd say this same thing to my own father if he ever made me choose between my life or his in a retarded zero sum game.
Man who killed wife, daughters gets death - UPI.com
These girls should have been taught to kill any man attempting to kill them. Too late now. This is your brain on pacifism, ladies.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:01 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,093,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Sl*t is no different than the word ni**er. Women use it in terms of endearment but as soon as someone other that the special interest group uses it it's game on, a war, have you.
Women do not use c*nt or sl*t as a term of endearment. B*tch, maybe.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Women do not use c*nt or sl*t as a term of endearment. B*tch, maybe.
I would never call you a b*tch. I've never called another human being a c*nt until Sarah Palin, but I've realized since it applies to nearly the entire republican party. I wouldn't want to discriminate on account of gender.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:06 AM

93 posts, read 72,001 times
Seriously I'm not trolling, can somebody illuminate this for me? Why is using a derogatory word towards a person you don't like sexist? He didn't make any grandiose statements about women as a gender.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conor2483 View Post
Seriously I'm not trolling, can somebody illuminate this for me? Why is using a derogatory word towards a person you don't like sexist? He didn't make any grandiose statements about women as a gender.
It's not about disliking someone. You can name a million reasons why you dislike someone, even if they're stupid irrelevant reasons. Most of that amounts to a pile of beans because none of us ordinary folks have the power over another in their daily lives. Except as a jury, and as a voter, when we elect the next Hitler taking liberties he has no business taking.

This repugnant word is repugnant among those living out this concept of female in their heads being abusive towards all of womankind for no other 'crime' than being female. The nature of this word describes a behavior, and the behavior is what? Applicable to both genders. If Palin is being a c*nt I'm not defending her based on gender loyalty. She deserves no defense, and has earned nothing but rebuke. There is no defense for Susan Smith. None. That's what fair and impartial looks like. Something males apparently have a very hard time grasping when they obsess in zero sum games and get sucked into the whirlwind of crabs in a barrel retaliation.

You want to read this whole thread and tell me all the reasons why you hate me personally-- I'll listen. You might actually be right. But when you're dishonest and making false accusations that aren't substantiated, or worse, be guilty of the very thing you accuse innocent people of--- I'm going to give it to you with both barrels.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:18 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,403,693 times
I heard he used the T-word and/or the C-word on her. Both are hateful loaded words and there's no excuse for using them.

I say this as someone who LOVES to point and laugh at every stupid thing Sarah Palin says. She's a moron, but even I won't use the C-word or T-word on her.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

I say this as someone who LOVES to point and laugh at every stupid thing Sarah Palin says. She's a moron, but even I won't use the C-word or T-word on her.
Moron? Anyone who can shuck the town of wasilla for 500k to buy lobbyists that shuck congress of millions for an ICE RINK FOR ESKIMOS is NOT, I repeat, NOT a moron. She's treacherous beyond belief feigning sweetness and light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies