Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:40 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,484,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Yeah, they selectively support women! So much for "the cause."
They are probably jealous of Palin's beauty and her success. She was a splendid governor of Alaska, but most of all they have utter contempt for the fact that she really is squeaky clean, not being one of the hypocrite type of christians.

Oh yeah! soon as McCain announced her as VP choice, how many Private Investigators descended upon her little town, determined to dig up some dirt on her?! Wasilla, was it?

They failed! she's geniune...beautiful inside and out...and their despicable kind salivate with contempt for such rare type of people.

Well said, gees to bad, they did not dig a little deeper, into some others they should have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 11:43 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,082,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Hmmm, lets see,
Maher at a concert (to a audience that paid to see him) made a comment about Palin.
Rush on the national public airwaves went on for hours over 3 days.

Yup. Same thing.
Why do you hate women so much?

The fact of the matter is that both comments are reprehensible but you have been told that one is ok by the ones who think for you

Please learn to think for yourself.... your self esteem will rise as well

Old 03-07-2012, 11:47 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,315,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Democrat Women Who Condone Bill Maher's Comments Toward Palin

That's not what the interviewer asked her to do. He asked her to call up Obama and demand that he return political donations. Either you didn't click on your own link or you purposely are trying to mislead other members.
Another example of right wing tactics.

The guy in the video seems like a troll, good for her to ignore him. What a stupid question to ask, "Did you ask Obama to return donations" WTF??

Old 03-07-2012, 11:49 PM

30,438 posts, read 52,081,354 times
Why should they speak up against him, when Bill Maher isn't even a Democrat?

Old 03-07-2012, 11:51 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,315,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Why should they speak up against him, when Bill Maher isn't even a Democrat?
I didn't know it was this woman's job to tell Obama what he should do with his money.

If I was in the woman's shoes I would have told the troll to go f @## himself.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:03 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,482,928 times
These women make me so pi**ed!!!!!! This sh*t hurts ALL WOMEN!!!!! Their asses need to be voted out of office

How dare they speak out against rush and say nothing about Maher or anyone else that has been vile towards a conservative woman

Old 03-08-2012, 01:07 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,593,120 times
This just shows that there is nothing more hypocritical than a liberal female. The democrats are using women as tools and the twits are perfectly fine with that. They want women to be incompetent dependents of the gov't, that has replaced the role of husband and father.

btw Rush was right. Fluke was asking to be paid to have sex, what's the definition of that?

Old 03-08-2012, 02:07 AM

30,438 posts, read 52,081,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Fluke was asking to be paid to have sex, what's the definition of that?
No she wasn't, especially considering sexual activity isn't required for a birth control prescription. But if the actual facts of what she was requesting still haven't sunk in, I'm not sure you will ever get it.

Speaking of which, I think the important point is that when a woman is BEING a b**** or a c***, it isn't really demeaning to call her one. Unnecessary and possibly rude, but not equivalent to unfairly disparaging her. If a woman cuts you off in traffic, and then has the nerve to flip you the bird, is it demeaning to say she's a b****? Nope, it's probably quite accurate! But as far as I can tell, Sandra Fluke hasn't shown us any evidence of her promiscuity - so calling her a s***/prostitute is inflammatory and slanderous. I stand by Rush's right to say whatever he wants, and don't give a flying poop about him either way... just don't expect me to buy this whole Maher comparison, as it's a completely irrelevant deflection.

Keep in mind that I'm a woman saying this, and apologies to the mods for using masked words... but they were necessary for making my point.

Last edited by gizmo980; 03-08-2012 at 02:18 AM..

Old 03-08-2012, 05:05 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,702,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Speaking of which, I think the important point is that when a woman is BEING a b**** or a c***, it isn't really demeaning to call her one. Unnecessary and possibly rude, but not equivalent to unfairly disparaging her. If a woman cuts you off in traffic, and then has the nerve to flip you the bird, is it demeaning to say she's a b****? Nope, it's probably quite accurate! But as far as I can tell, Sandra Fluke hasn't shown us any evidence of her promiscuity - so calling her a s***/prostitute is inflammatory and slanderous. I stand by Rush's right to say whatever he wants, and don't give a flying poop about him either way... just don't expect me to buy this whole Maher comparison, as it's a completely irrelevant deflection.

Keep in mind that I'm a woman saying this, and apologies to the mods for using masked words... but they were necessary for making my point.
It's early, I know but this has to be the best post I've read so far.

Women are not sacred, mystical beings. They can be real A-holes. I'm no prude and I'm sure I'll get slammed by the holy innocents here, but I use bad words. And I have met two women personally, that deserve to be called the "C" words and have muttered so under my breath. I know, I'm horrible. I've referred to many men, as the D-word. Why should women get a pass. If woman says something outrageous and weird and inflammatory and in general are acting awful, they deserve it.

They do not deserve being called that because you don't like their policies or their politics or just because they are pretty or outspoken.

I'm still trying to find the context of Bill Maher calling Palin names. I know he did but I also know that he vehemently thinks she's a mean person. he has come out said that and has also said that while he thinks Bachman is crazy, he believes her to be a nice person. I'm sure Bill was over the top in name-calling on Palin; however, I also don't know for sure what the context was. I'm sure it wasn't just because she said something about higher taxes or what have you.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:28 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,112,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Democrat Women Who Condone Bill Maher's Comments Toward Palin

That's not what the interviewer asked her to do. He asked her to call up Obama and demand that he return political donations. Either you didn't click on your own link or you purposely are trying to mislead other members.
I would say it's both
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies