Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 07:00 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
No she wasn't, especially considering sexual activity isn't required for a birth control prescription. But if the actual facts of what she was requesting still haven't sunk in, I'm not sure you will ever get it.

Speaking of which, I think the important point is that when a woman is BEING a b**** or a c***, it isn't really demeaning to call her one. Unnecessary and possibly rude, but not equivalent to unfairly disparaging her. If a woman cuts you off in traffic, and then has the nerve to flip you the bird, is it demeaning to say she's a b****? Nope, it's probably quite accurate! But as far as I can tell, Sandra Fluke hasn't shown us any evidence of her promiscuity - so calling her a s***/prostitute is inflammatory and slanderous. I stand by Rush's right to say whatever he wants, and don't give a flying poop about him either way... just don't expect me to buy this whole Maher comparison, as it's a completely irrelevant deflection.

Keep in mind that I'm a woman saying this, and apologies to the mods for using masked words... but they were necessary for making my point.
Then the left needs to shut the f*ck up about the Sandra fluke thing! Damn hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 07:09 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Then the left needs to shut the f*ck up about the Sandra fluke thing! Damn hypocrites.
Seems it's mostly the right who's whining about her... most of us "lefties" couldn't care less either way, and are only really concerned with the issue at hand (birth control coverage). I certainly don't give a hoot what Rush says!

Old 03-08-2012, 11:21 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Red face The hypocrisy of femme-a-gogues.

I was shocked to watch on the news last night of female Democrat lawmakers refusing to re-buff the misogynistic remarks of Bill Maher yet being first on the bandwagon to attack Rush.

Hypocrites: Congresswomen Refuse To Condemn Mahers Misogynism

Michelle Malkin

Michelle Malkin » Capital One “drops” Rush, sticks with serial misogynist Alec Baldwin

Old 03-08-2012, 11:34 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,246 times
One is a comedian doing a comedy show on late night pay TV. The other is a political commentator doing a political show on mainstream radio.

There's a wee bit of a difference there. Rush got what he deserved for the stupid remarks that he made. It's not anyone's fault but his.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:46 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
One is a comedian doing a comedy show on late night pay TV. The other is a political commentator doing a political show on mainstream radio.

There's a wee bit of a difference there. Rush got what he deserved for the stupid remarks that he made. It's not anyone's fault but his.
No there isn't.

If you're a misogynist, you're a misogynist. I don't give a flying crap where you spew your anti-woman garbage, you're still saying it. Stop trying to defend certain people. Limbaugh is an idiot, Maher is an idiot, the list goes on and on.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:21 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
The word c*nt means somebody who is not likable, someone you have distaste for, someone who is somebody you don't like. You can call a man a c*nt, a d*ck, an as*hole and a bastard. While it's the strongest word possible to describe a woman you don't like, at the end of the day that's all it is.

Sl*t however, is a word reserved for women by people that still believe it's wrong for a woman to enjoy sex with whomever the woman pleases. Whether they be married or not, 30 or 60, women are sick to death of being judged by whom they choose to sleep with, when men are not.

Women are especially sickened by the idea that some goon like Limbaugh is ever entitled to watch them have sex for any reason, while if they just want to be responisble and use BC, they should be chastised for it.

His rant had nothing to do with paying for BC, it was the same old story - woman who likes sex - bad - woman who likes sex - obligated to be sexually available for every fat old man in town, and get called names for the privilege.

That's what's at the core of this and we know it. Enough already. You can call me a c*nt all day long, but you call me a sl*t or a wh*re, and that's how I tell how much respect you have for women. That goes for women too.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:07 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
WHAT? Democrats are hypocrites? You don't say.

Misogynist "comedian" Bill Maher–Who Once Joked About Rick Santorum's Wife Using A Vibrator–Is Hosting A Democratic Fundraiser
Will Democrats soon have a "women problem" too?

Republicans will try to make sure they do now that Bill Maher is hosting a Democratic fundraiser later this month.

Since last week, Rush Limbaugh has been pilloried for calling a Georgetown law-student, Sandra Fluke, a "****" and a "prostitute." He and the Republicans have been called out for misogyny and cruelty.

But via Tim Carney, we see that Bill Maher is hosting a Democratic fundraiser in Alabama on March 17. This could make for some awkward questions for Democrats.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:10 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
The word c*nt means somebody who is not likable, someone you have distaste for, someone who is somebody you don't like. You can call a man a c*nt, a d*ck, an as*hole and a bastard. While it's the strongest word possible to describe a woman you don't like, at the end of the day that's all it is.

Sl*t however, is a word reserved for women by people that still believe it's wrong for a woman to enjoy sex with whomever the woman pleases. Whether they be married or not, 30 or 60, women are sick to death of being judged by whom they choose to sleep with, when men are not.

Women are especially sickened by the idea that some goon like Limbaugh is ever entitled to watch them have sex for any reason, while if they just want to be responisble and use BC, they should be chastised for it.

His rant had nothing to do with paying for BC, it was the same old story - woman who likes sex - bad - woman who likes sex - obligated to be sexually available for every fat old man in town, and get called names for the privilege.

That's what's at the core of this and we know it. Enough already. You can call me a c*nt all day long, but you call me a sl*t or a wh*re, and that's how I tell how much respect you have for women. That goes for women too.
That is the dumbest reasoning on this forum I have ever read. Thanks you for the humor.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:12 PM

875 posts, read 1,162,544 times
If the word is offensive, it is always offensive no matter who uses it. Maher and other have used that word against conservative females for years with nary an outcry from the same liberals bashing Rush.

Rush was over the top and made inappropriate comments, for which he has apologized. Not so for the Mahers of the world.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:16 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Well like I said on the 4932827329 other threads, I don't approve or either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies