Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-08-2012, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Louisiana
9,152 posts, read 5,827,635 times
Reputation: 7722

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objet d'Art View Post
Another example: I would personally defend the use of virtually any insult against Mao, Hitler, Stalin, and Margaret Thatcher. But prefacing such an insult with details of those people's gender or ethnicity would be wrong, for the simple reason that it insults countless others who've done nothing to upset us.
Margaret Thatcher? Huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2012, 03:01 PM
 
7,006 posts, read 7,009,439 times
Reputation: 7060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Objet d'Art View Post
Another example: I would personally defend the use of virtually any insult against Mao, Hitler, Stalin, and Margaret Thatcher.
WOW. There are folks out there who seriously compare Thatcher with Mao, Hitler, and Stalin? That's pretty fk'd up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2012, 03:03 PM
 
Location: In the Redwoods
30,438 posts, read 52,081,354 times
Reputation: 23947
This again?? C'mon people, at least SCAN the forum before starting yet another thread on this stupid subject - when it's already been re-hashed in like 5000 others.

Ridiculous non-point anyway, unless you can honestly say YOU "publicly denounce" every single person in the country who's ever said anything bad about women. Have you? If not, please stop with this nonsense already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2012, 03:04 PM
 
Location: southern california
61,286 posts, read 87,599,381 times
Reputation: 55564
like the eerie silence on bill clinton and monica, the feminists know how to play selective outrage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2012, 03:20 PM
 
21,026 posts, read 22,195,437 times
Reputation: 5941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Well like I said on the 4932827329 other threads, I don't approve or either.
Yes, but I haven't seen ONE Repug poster say that what Rush said was bad or disagreeable, or wrong, or repulsive or insulting or anything...NOT ONE.


They justify it by whining, "but somebody else did it, too"


So , I guess Repugs are NOT leaders but little whiney followers....

They could take the lead and say, "What Rush said was terrible, now let's all stop attacking women"


They could've...but didn't...they just whined ....and followed...

AND their alleged "leaders", those running for office weren't able to lead either....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2012, 03:25 PM
 
21,026 posts, read 22,195,437 times
Reputation: 5941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Objet d'Art View Post
I have just been out onto the street. Normally awash with feminists, it was eerily quiet. The cowards.
As opposed, of course, to your ""brave""" Rush, who viciously attacked a woman(who wasn't present OF COURSE) NOT on the topic but attacked her personally....because he was too stupid to address the ISSUE.
He attacked a woman who, unlike RushPig, dosen't have a Republican funded soapbox to fight back with.
So easy for a COWARD like Rush to attack someone who can't fight back..

Your idea of cowardice is thoroughly scambled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2012, 03:31 PM
 
994 posts, read 726,689 times
Reputation: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
The word c*nt means somebody who is not likable, someone you have distaste for, someone who is somebody you don't like. You can call a man a c*nt, a d*ck, an as*hole and a bastard. While it's the strongest word possible to describe a woman you don't like, at the end of the day that's all it is.
Unfortunately for you, there are also numerous examples of conservative women being called the "s" word as well. So your point, even if true, is moot.

Quote:
Sl*t however, is a word reserved for women by people that still believe it's wrong for a woman to enjoy sex with whomever the woman pleases. Whether they be married or not, 30 or 60, women are sick to death of being judged by whom they choose to sleep with, when men are not.
Uh, no. It's a word for a woman who is promiscuous. Nobody calls a woman who enjoys sex within a monogamous relationship that word.

If you're going to sleep around then people aren't going to respect you. You can be sick to death of it all you want, but that's reality.

A woman can wear a man's clothes in public and that's fine. If a man wears a woman's clothes then he's laughed at.

So there are double standards for both genders.

Quote:
Women are especially sickened by the idea that some goon like Limbaugh is ever entitled to watch them have sex for any reason, while if they just want to be responisble and use BC, they should be chastised for it.
I haven't heard anybody defend his videotype comment, even conservatives. So you aren't scoring any points there. You're preaching to the choir on that one. Pretty much everyone agrees that was an awful thing to say.

Quote:
His rant had nothing to do with paying for BC, it was the same old story - woman who likes sex - bad - woman who likes sex - obligated to be sexually available for every fat old man in town, and get called names for the privilege.
Uh, no. That's you being a typical liberal. You liberals just love to ascribe all manner of hateful thoughts and feelings to conservatives. But it's just
a straw man argument. It always is. You make a declaration of how conservatives think, then argue against it. Nevermind that no conservative ever actually thinks that way. You somehow know what they think better than they do. But you know what? You have no idea why he called her what he did. You aren't him and you aren't a mind reader. Therefore you have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
That's what's at the core of this and we know it. Enough already. You can call me a c*nt all day long, but you call me a sl*t or a wh*re, and that's how I tell how much respect you have for women. That goes for women too.
Fine. Then set about going after all the liberal commentators who have called conservatives those words with vigor equal to that with which you pursue Rush. Otherwise, you're a hypocrite. Which has been the point all along. Not that Rush was right, but that he's no worse than others who have done the same thing but gotten a pass because their politics are leftist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2012, 03:40 PM
 
Location: MW
1,440 posts, read 1,173,156 times
Reputation: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Objet d'Art View Post
A supporter of Pinochet? Gotta deserve 'sh*thead', or possibly ever 'f*ckface'.
That definitely equals killing millions of people...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2012, 03:49 PM
 
Location: In the Redwoods
30,438 posts, read 52,081,354 times
Reputation: 23947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Uh, no. It's a word for a woman who is promiscuous. Nobody calls a woman who enjoys sex within a monogamous relationship that word.

If you're going to sleep around then people aren't going to respect you. You can be sick to death of it all you want, but that's reality.
I'm sorry, but I must have missed the part where Sandra Fluke stated her promiscuity... can you please point out where she said she's sleeping around, because I have yet to see that anywhere. In fact I recall reading that she's in a relationship, and I'm sure her boyfriend wouldn't like people insinuating his girlfriend is a sl**.

You do realize people in monogamous relationships often use birth control, right? Even married couples use birth control, since not everyone aspires to be the next Michelle & Jim-Bob Duggar... my sister has been with her husband for 15 years, married to him for seven years, they have two children, and she uses Mirena because they don't want a third child. Would you call her a sl**? If so, you'd have me and her 6'4" husband to answer to for it!!

Quote:
Uh, no. That's you being a typical liberal. You liberals just love to ascribe all manner of hateful thoughts and feelings to conservatives. But it's just
a straw man argument. It always is. You make a declaration of how conservatives think, then argue against it. Nevermind that no conservative ever actually thinks that way. You somehow know what they think better than they do. But you know what? You have no idea why he called her what he did. You aren't him and you aren't a mind reader. Therefore you have no idea what you're talking about.
This is a hilariously ironic comment... chastising people for acting as they know how every conservative acts & feels, while you do the very same thing about liberals in the same post. Do you even read what you write, or are you honestly not realizing you're guilty of that which you condemn? I could say that's a typical conservative blathering point, but don't want to be accused of generalizing. You know, that thing conservatives never ever do? LMAO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2012, 03:51 PM
 
29,980 posts, read 43,022,912 times
Reputation: 12829
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm sorry, but I must have missed the part where Sandra Fluke stated her promiscuity... can you please point out where she said she's sleeping around, because I have yet to see that anywhere. In fact I recall reading that she's in a relationship, and I'm sure her boyfriend wouldn't like people insinuating his girlfriend is a sl**.



This is a hilariously ironic comment... chastising people for acting as they know how every conservative acts & feels, while you do the very same thing about liberals in the same post. Do you even read what you write, or are you honestly not realizing you're guilty of that which you condemn? I could say that's a typical conservative blathering point, but don't want to be accused of generalizing. You know, that thing conservatives never ever do? LMAO.
Do you care to address the female lawmakers refusal to condem Bill Maher's use of the "C" word while the Obama campaign accepts $1 Million donation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:06 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top