Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 06:52 AM

30,363 posts, read 51,970,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
If you aren't against it, you are for it.
Bull hockey. I haven't noticed anyone speaking out against Howard Stern, who says offensive things about women & republicans almost every day on his show (which I thoroughly enjoy)... AND he's a liberal New York Jew! Oh noes!! So I guess you're for him, since you didn't speak up when he called Michelle Bachmann a bi*** recently. Right?

Last edited by gizmo980; 03-09-2012 at 07:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
In the minds of leftists, what they do is OK, and what Republicans do isn't.
So are you implying Republicans don't think everything they do is okay, and never condemn Democrats for anything? Yeah right..... LMAO.

Quote:
At least, Rush apologized. Where's Bill Maher in all of this??
He apologized too when this ONE comment was said - like five thousand years ago. Funny how you're all bringing this up now, though.

Quote:
Hypocrisy is just one of many traits of the left. That's how they conduct business.
Pot, meet kettle. And this, my friends, is precisely why I'm an independent... as both Dems and Reps are a bunch of whiny rights-stomping hypocrites.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:58 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Democrat Women Who Condone Bill Maher's Comments Toward Palin

That's not what the interviewer asked her to do. He asked her to call up Obama and demand that he return political donations. Either you didn't click on your own link or you purposely are trying to mislead other members.
he asked them to make a comment
they did not
you can dress this up all you want
the bottom line is the left is fine with calling women all kinds of vile names
hell it has happened here lots of times
it is only outrage if it is from the left
look who CNN has to speak at the big dinner for broadcasters
a scumb bag who made horrible comments about Palin and WORSE called her baby a retard!!
Oh yeah, these folks are dripping with class!!
I can hardly wait to hear the out cries from all of you folks and to see that
Obama get on TV and decry to the nation about this!!

Old 03-09-2012, 06:59 AM

13,432 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PianoPlayer17 View Post
No, but are you okay with women like Paling being called names like c*nt (just to name one)? Women in 1920 got the equality that we wanted and now we want to be singled out and defended. I think women need to man up. This is ridiculous.
Being able to call a woman the c word is equality. I don't care about that.

There are equalily offensive terms for all people. If I call Rush a motherf*cker, am I sexist? No. Rude and out of line? Probably.

But the word sl*t, which means something else entirely, implies that women should be ashamed for having sex. There's no equivalent word for shaming men.

Because, men don't get shamed for it. Until women can do what half the population does with the same impunity, then in that arena, we aren't equal.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:02 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,668,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Being able to call a woman the c word is equality. I don't care about that.

There are equalily offensive terms for all people. If I call Rush a motherf*cker, am I sexist? No. Rude and out of line? Probably.

But the word sl*t, which means something else entirely, implies that women should be ashamed for having sex. There's no equivalent word for shaming men.

Because, men don't get shamed for it. Until women can do what half the population does with the same impunity, then in that arena, we aren't equal.

TrashD!ck is the closest I've heard. But, they aren't shamed by it but women definitely try to avoid guys like that.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
the bottom line is the left is fine with calling women all kinds of vile names
Apparently so is the right, since many of you seem to be defending Rush like he's your daddy... some even agreeing with his comments about Fluke. Or is this whole Maher deflection just a cover, so you don't have to admit he made an oopsie?

Old 03-09-2012, 07:09 AM

576 posts, read 586,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Hmmm, lets see,
Maher at a concert (to a audience that paid to see him) made a comment about Palin.
Rush on the national public airwaves went on for hours over 3 days.

Yup. Same thing.

Yep, both are entertainers. Both said bad things. Only one gets ripped from the left.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThrillIsGone View Post
Yep, both are entertainers. Both said bad things. Only one gets ripped from the left.
How so? I've read plenty of comments from the "left" also stating Bill Maher was wrong... so are you just intentionally ignoring those posts, or is that not enough to please you?

Give it a rest already, or I'm going to start calling you guys out every time a conservative says something hateful - although I do have a job, and that might require taking some time off. LOL

Old 03-09-2012, 07:17 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,048,492 times
Like I've said before, I don't care who says what, as long as it doesn't get into the realm of slander/libel.

If someone wants to call Palin the c word, that's fine. If someone wants to refer to a woman as a promiscuous harlot, that's fine too.

Freedom of speech.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:19 AM

576 posts, read 586,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
How so? I've read plenty of comments from the "left" also stating Bill Maher was wrong... so are you just intentionally ignoring those posts, or is that not enough to please you?

Give it a rest already, or I'm going to start calling you guys out every time a conservative says something hateful - although I do have a job, and that might require taking some time off. LOL
Can't multi-task, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies