Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 07:28 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,353,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Surely you didn't expect to find honesty here. I'd be interested to see posts made here that have liberal women supporting Maher. This liberal has no use for Maher or any other female-phobic creep. Just another thread with a lie for the title.
I watch Bill Maher. He's a comedian and he pillories men as often as he does women. If he's anything, I'd say he's an equal opportunity phobic-creep...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 07:45 AM

30,438 posts, read 52,081,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThrillIsGone View Post
Can't multi-task, huh?
Librarians are excellent multi-taskers, as that's pretty much a requirement of the job... but unlike the pencil-pushers (or do we call them keyboard tappers these days?), I can't be surfing the web while patrons are waiting to be helped.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I watch Bill Maher. He's a comedian and he pillories men as often as he does women. If he's anything, I'd say he's an equal opportunity phobic-creep...
He frequently slams Muslims too, but I don't hear anyone going crazy over that... some people even claim "he only picks on Christians," which tells me they've never watched his show or stand-up routines! I still think he's hilarious, but I'm also a huge fan of Howard Stern and Louis CK - so I guess I'm a crass middle-aged man trapped inside a 35 year-old woman's body.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:57 AM

37,296 posts, read 19,309,083 times
Bill Maher is as big a gasbag as Limbaugh. Your point?

Old 03-09-2012, 08:01 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,047,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Librarians are excellent multi-taskers, as that's pretty much a requirement of the job... but unlike the pencil-pushers (or do we call them keyboard tappers these days?), I can't be surfing the web while patrons are waiting to be helped.
Nurses too, but like librarians, we can't take time to post on CD while weighing babies, giving shots, phone advice, etc. Plus some of us don't like to cheat our employers by post while "on the clock".

Old 03-09-2012, 12:27 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,353,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander7 View Post
Maher is a hypocrite
How so?

Quote:
hyp·o·crite (noun)

1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
What actions has Maher performed that belie his stated beliefs??

Old 03-09-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
How so?

What actions has Maher performed that belie his stated beliefs??
None whatsoever, as anyone familiar with him knows he's VERY honest & consistent in his beliefs... they're just trying to change the subject, since their loose- lipped poster boy got in trouble this week. It's not working very well, though!

Old 03-09-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Nurses too, but like librarians, we can't take time to post on CD while weighing babies, giving shots, phone advice, etc.
Yeah, that would be pretty bad! I can check email or maybe my bank account for a minute, but I can't be goofing off or answering my phone/texting while at the reference desk. How unprofessional would that look, especially with our strict "no cell phone" policy?

Quote:
Plus some of us don't like to cheat our employers by post while "on the clock".
I know, right?? You really have to wonder about people who are supposedly at work, and yet they're posting on here or Facebook (like many of my office-working friends do) all freakin day. What are they being paid to do, exactly? If you ever see me posting on CD or FB during my work hours, it's only from my iPhone at breaks. Sorry, OT but I had to say it.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:35 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,582,127 times
Bill Maher is cool, funny, and mingles with the rich and famous. Rush is a fat, disgusting blowhard who spews his toxic commentary in his studio in his basement.

They both make offensive comments, but Maher is a comedian, and we all know that conservatives are somewhat lacking when it comes to humor. It was smart for these women to not comment because they did not know the context of what Maher said (or if he even said it)

I think this is largely where the disconnect is. But I could be wrong.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:41 PM

9,152 posts, read 5,827,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Bill Maher is cool, funny,...

With regard to jokes about Down Syndrome babies;
would that be "cool" or "funny?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies