Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 06:34 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times

Advertisements

Bill Maher to liberals: Accept Rush Limbaugh

Bill Maher, a frequent Limbaugh critic, took to Twitter to admonish liberals for their refusal to accept his conservative counterpart's written apology.

"Hate to defend Rush but he apologized, liberals looking bad not accepting. Also hate intimidation by sponsor pullout," Maher tweeted late Tuesday.

I agree with Bill Maher -- Liberals are making themselves look like they usually look. Bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 06:36 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,422 times
Well, I still consider those who defend Maher yet chastise Limbaugh to be hypocrites. I'm glad Maher himself isn't among them. As much as I loathe his views/personality/style, he goes up a few points in my book for this one.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Bill Maher to liberals: Accept Rush Limbaugh

Bill Maher, a frequent Limbaugh critic, took to Twitter to admonish liberals for their refusal to accept his conservative counterpart's written apology.

"Hate to defend Rush but he apologized, liberals looking bad not accepting. Also hate intimidation by sponsor pullout," Maher tweeted late Tuesday.

I agree with Bill Maher -- Liberals are making themselves look like they usually look. Bad.
What's with you guys and Rush Limbaugh?

Is he sending you a check or something? You guys act as if you have a stake in his success or something. Let it go...he'll be fine i'm sure.

What's the guy paying you for your undying support?

Old 03-07-2012, 06:37 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Maher faced a slightly similar incident, embarassment and criticism not all that long ago ... for something he said. There was a call by the extremists for his removal from cable. This instance with Limbaugh hits close to home.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:39 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
If Rush loses sponsors it's a business decision, not an ideological one.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:56 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Even a left wing lunatic like Maher knows that Rush is being attacked for political reasons and it really has nothing to do with what he said or that tramp that he was talking about.

The left sees Rush as a huge prize that they've been trying to bring in for years now. They hate the fact that our military can listen to his show, they want to silence Rush no matter what it takes.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Even a left wing lunatic like Maher knows that Rush is being attacked for political reasons and it really has nothing to do with what he said or that tramp that he was talking about.

The left sees Rush as a huge prize that they've been trying to bring in for years now. They hate the fact that our military can listen to his show, they want to silence Rush no matter what it takes.
Do people hate that the military can watch Man vs Food too?

That's silly. No one cares about what the military can listen to.

I was living in Europe when Limbaugh first started coming on AFN....no one seemed to care one way or the other.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:04 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,139 times
You're kidding right? Limbaugh learned nothing - but absolutely NOTHING from this.

No sooner did he get one foot unstuck from his mouth, he crammed the other one in. The old so-and-so obviously has issues with women.

Holly native Tracie McMillan calls Rush Limbaugh comments 'unconscionable and sexist' | MLive.com

Get a load of this, she writes a book about the food industry in the US and he demeans her as an "authorette." Hey at least she wrote the book herself.

I had to laugh when I saw his crack about losing his advertisers as being like losing a few french fries. Is that all that is on his mind? Junk food and using trashy language to try to demean young women who have academic credentials?

Quite trying to put other folks on the defensive, what Rush did was WRONG plain and simple. I for one don't buy for one nanosecond that he is sincere in his apology. It's far more likely that FOX put him up to it.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:05 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I think they are both pretty weird. I have laughed at Maher though, but not for years.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:08 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,399,973 times
Maher's right. Kudos to him for not just towing the party line. Maher is controversial too. We've just become a culture of easily offended p u s s i e s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies