Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 07:57 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Who is advocating "taking away rights" of a woman to buy BC ?
Actually, I know you put this out there because, on surface, no one appears to be. But several states have put forther Personhood Bills that would do just that, if they were passed. Fortunately they have not passed. Little baby steps. Women can sense the attitude that is swirling within some factions of the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 07:57 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And of course you can provide proof for that ridiculous , sexist statement.

You can also provide proof that no men are one-issue voters.
I am willing to bet many men will never vote Democrat just because they think that Democrats want to take away their guns!

Old 03-08-2012, 07:59 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
It's not so much the one issue (insurance companies and what they will provide). I mean, I don't use oral contraceptives so would not "benefit" by this, but I'm going to look at the issue as a whole of what is going on in the country.

Besides this latest contraception battle which Rush Limbaugh took down into toilet and attempted to make everyone whose ever use contraception feel "cheap", there's the issues going on the states with regard to mandated ultrasounds prior to abortion, personhood bills, etc. All of these issues start making most youger women VERY nervous because little by little they are losing control of their bodies.

Add to that, you have many older women voters who are mothers. I have one college- aged daughter (healthy) and one son in high school with several medical conditions. My curent healthcare policy drops kids at 22. Now with the economy of the last 6 years, it's unrealistic to think my kids will be waltzing into a job with health insurance at age 22. That is a big worry for many parents (especially moms) that our kids won't be insured. The Affordable Healthcare Act took care of that and no one wants to give that up. The hardnest nosed republican in my office is loving this for her 24 and 22 year old kids.

As for economy issues, I feel the economy is improving. I never ever thought it would turn around overnight. That's foolish. The current republican candidates make me feel very nervous about the economy and I feel they would cause more harm than good at this point. Let me state, lest you classify me as a diehard liberal, all my life I voted Republican until 2008.
This It goes beyond being a female voter though. I'd also add that as a conservative, the trans vaginal ultra sound bills scare the heck out of me in terms of big, huge, ginormous government control. I don't think a big chunk of the radical new republicans are real conservatives--no smaller government conservative would support that.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:00 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
You won't get crap from me. There are plenty of demographics that vote single issue. One that comes to mind is the evangelical vote that strictly votes lockstep on one issue: abortion.
Yup, and they are MALE and female.

And dumped Michelle(Mrs. Joe McCarthy WingnutSupreme)Bachmann on my district.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:01 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Can you provide details ?
Erections Get Insurance; Why Not the Pill? - ABC News

Here's the deal.

A guy can't get it up.

OY MY GOD that is a MEDICAL CONDITION that requires prescription medication. And of COURSE it must be covered by health insurance.

But birth control? Nahhhh, if a woman wants to have sex and not get pregnant, she can damn well pay for it out of pocket. Health insurance companies have to find the dough to pay for all those (literally) limp sausages. Any reason why guys should not have to pay out of pocket for ED meds, especially since the males who need it (middle aged) generally get paid better than women who need BC (child bearing years)?

Old 03-08-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am willing to bet many men will never vote Democrat just because they think that Democrats want to take away their guns!
YUP! MEN get so EMOTIONAL about their guns!!

Old 03-08-2012, 08:03 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post

Here's the deal.

A guy can't get it up.

OY MY GOD that is a MEDICAL CONDITION that requires prescription medication. And of COURSE it must be covered by health insurance.

But birth control? Nahhhh, if a woman wants to have sex and not get pregnant, she can damn well pay for it out of pocket. Health insurance companies have to find the dough to pay for all those (literally) limp sausages.
That is NOT taking away your right to BC though.
And this was not an issue before Obamacare but is now ?

No one's RIGHTS are being taken away unless you consider it a RIGHT to have someone else pay for your prescriptions.

FYI..maternity wasn't covered under all plans either before Obamacare but not many care about that issue these days..BC and preventing pregnancy seems to be a higher priority.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:04 AM

409 posts, read 254,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post

Here's the deal.

A guy can't get it up.

But birth control? Nahhhh, if a woman wants to have sex and not get pregnant, she can damn well pay for it out of pocket. Health insurance companies have to find the dough to pay for all those (literally) limp sausages. Any reason why guys should not have to pay out of pocket for ED meds, especially since the males who need it (middle aged) generally get paid better than women who need BC (child bearing years)?
PRIVATE Insurance companies can cover whatever they want. Don't like the plan? Get insurance from another ins company. that's the beauty of the free market.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
So you are saying women aren't mostly emotional voters? Not saying all but most. Men are all over the place when it comes to voting and sure there are single issue voters among men, but it's not as prevalent.
No, you're wallowing in the antiquated idea that women are more emotional than men.

Women may SHOW emotions more but they are NOT more emotional.

Sorry to shock uyou into the 21st century but women have brains, too, as much as you won't want to believe it.
And , again, you are forming opinions based on nothing and have no proof of what you post...none.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:07 AM

409 posts, read 254,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
YUP! MEN get so EMOTIONAL about their guns!!
Apparently women don't care about the rights in the silly constitution. Where does it say women have a right to BC or Abortion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies