Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 11:33 AM

679 posts, read 660,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I've seen 12 year olds sporting Nikes (don't know $$$), iPods and even iPhones while getting FREE lunches at school.
Surely this must apply to all 12 year olds right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 11:35 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whateverhere View Post
So? We used to enslave people. We denied people the same rights we granted others. Don't throw with stones if you live in a glasshouse. At the end of the day those countries economically are more competitive than America. Do you want me to list all the atrocities this country has committed?
Not getting the point I see. You moved the goal posts and now you want to go back to where you were before. My point is exactly as valid as yours; i.e. neither is germane.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:35 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
Surely this must apply to all 12 year olds right?

You have not been in inner city schools, have you ?

Old 03-08-2012, 11:39 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
You have not been in inner city schools, have you ?
The same Chicago inner city schools were 50 students were killed a few summers ago? The same neighborhoods where 28 people were shot in 1 weekend? The same inner city neighborhoods where more Americans died from murder than US troops in Iraq last year?

Old 03-08-2012, 11:41 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But that's because our "extreme" poverty has people truly living the good life -- those people are pouring over the borders to cash in on the extreme poverty in the USA which definitely beats working hard for a living back in their own countries.

The free government housing, the $290 per person a month in food stamps plus WIC, plus free meals in the school, plus free cell phones, plus completely free health care are sure enticing many foreigners to come here and live that life.

WhereTF is the free government housing? I've been trying for years and can't even get on the Sectin 8 waiting list. Last I looked max food stamps for 1 person is $200/mo.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
You may thank Reagan and his horrific policies.

My rent went up five times in five years and I was worse off when Reagan left office than I was when he took office, plus I was homeless during his last four months while working full time.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:49 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,399,438 times
Quote:
I've seen 12 year olds sporting Nikes (don't know $$$), iPods and even iPhones while getting FREE lunches at school.
Are you a teacher or do you work at a school? Otherwise, how would you know whether or not they're getting free lunches?

Old 03-08-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Not the lazy who don't work -- why on earth should they be the best, the wealthiest, the happiest?

The problem is, we are fast becoming a welfare recipient nation and not a nation of workers.

Once people make it here, they quickly become too good to work for a living so we have the endless cycle of people laying around on welfare handouts believing they are too good to work for a living, while we must continue to import cheap workers from 3rd world nations to do all the work.

Our welfare rates are growing at incredible rates, in many parts of the country, more babies are born to welfare recipients than to parents who will support them. At some point it all becomes unsupportable. Then what?

How do you explain the existence of the working poor?

Old 03-08-2012, 11:51 AM

254 posts, read 202,524 times
Quote:
You may thank Reagan and his horrific policies.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:43 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The same Chicago inner city schools were 50 students were killed a few summers ago? The same neighborhoods where 28 people were shot in 1 weekend? The same inner city neighborhoods where more Americans died from murder than US troops in Iraq last year?
Yup, those inner city schools where what you wear and what you carry means everything.
And you can replace Chicago with any city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies