Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 01:38 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
look, you can keep coming up with all the excuses to justify it. I know want to believe racism doesn't exist, but it was racism that led to this situation.

don't be obtuse, we know racism exists. The thing is, we aren't idiots who imply EVERY incident is racially motivated. People who do such are racists themselves.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:39 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I suspect he has not yet been arrested because they are building a case.
The suspect was wrong to confront the kid himself but I wonder if that was because he was studying criminal justice and had a misplaced sense of power?
I didn't realize you had to build a case before you arrest someone

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
And that's all he had to do.
According to who, you? There has to be a reason he went outside of his home and none of us know that reason (except of course for our friend Mr. Cleo who knows exactly what every single white person is thinking at any given moment in time).

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
You mean before he confronted the kid. If he thought it was a dangerous situation, why did he inject himself in it? The guy went looking for trouble. It got out of hand, I think the cops realize this and feel bad for the guy.

Good post. The man could have avoided any confrontation by staying in his house. There was no threat. A suspicious looking person is not a threat.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:40 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Folks, try to keep in mind that a family lost their son. Watch the video, it will break your heart listening to his father.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:40 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
don't be obtuse, we know racism exists. The thing is, we aren't idiots who imply EVERY incident is racially motivated. People who do such are racists themselves.
I honestly don't know if this was raciall motivated as I don't know anyting about the shooter. What I do know is the posting history of some members and i believe their conclusions are racially motivated.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:41 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
The part in red. Pure conjecture on your part, and nothing but. It may have happened that way. But there are dozens of other ways it may have gone down. According to at least one witness, there was a physical altercation that had the young man beating up the watch captain who eventually shot him. I recommend we wait for more facts before we make any decisions or judgments.
I thought there was only a 2 minute time gap between the first 911 call and the second regarding the fight?

I'm as logical as the next person but it does seem like there has to be a catalyst between being in the car calling the police and being out of the car getting beat up...especially since he shouldn't have confronted the kid in the first place.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:41 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
And then it would confirm the belief that the kid was a hoodlum thief who deserved it? See, you don't get to use one stereotype and then dismiss the others.

Since you are condemning without verification, then I guess we can do the same and say the kid being shot was a service to the neighborhood because he was a drug using, thief, robber, rapist, and gang member. I mean, since we are going to apply stereotypes right?

You destroy any legitimacy to your position when you "assume" such is the cause.
If that officer believed that, than I can call him racist and that this killing was racially motivated. He based his decision of a stereotype, i'm basing mine of fact. That is the difference. I'm not using a stereotype, the officer was. That is my position.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:42 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Just another responsible, law-abiding gun owner. It's just a tool used to defend your self, family and home....

So where are the holier-than-thou gun supporters telling me how responsible gun owners are? "Only criminals kill illegally with guns..." Blah, Blah...
He could have easily ran the dude over.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:43 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I'm not even suspicious. I can figure out what happened. He saw a black kid and assumed he didn't belong there and was up to no good. He decided to confront him and things got out of hand and shot him.
No, you can GUESS and FANTASIZE about what happened. And there is a chance you have it right. But at the moment there are absolutely no facts to support your theory. None to disprove it either, which is why I say wait until we learn more before calling for some vigilante to go kill this watch captain, as someone else in the thread has done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies