Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 07:03 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,477,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Its a fine for possession. How did you possess it if its illegal to have more then an ounce on you? Someone had to have more then an ounce somewhere along that line. If you can't grow it, or legal businesses can't grow it, that still perpetuates a drug war that costs to much money.

True , but the tax on cigs is outrageous. If they proposed a tax anywhere near that it would be crazy expensive.Comes down to simple math for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 06:13 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,613,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
WOW that's harsh!!!! Then again Florida is a MAJOR hub for illegal drugs, so maybe that explains it. Is there any talk about legalizing at least for medicinal purposes down there. Here in Ohio, they've gotten the necessary signatures to put medical marijuana on the ballot. I doubt it will pass the first time around. Considering that freak Santorum almost got Ohio, I'm not holding my breath.
I just wrote an article about this on my blog. There's a dude named Robert Platshorn, a former smuggler who did 30 years in jail and is now carrying out what he calls "The Silver Tour", which is targeted toward informing senior citizens about medical marijuana. One of his Florida tactics was placing two billboards with his message on them in Broward County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies