Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 07:28 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Oh, and here's another cool thing about lesbian marriage... I know two women who are married, and decided to conceive a child(ren) through IVF with donated sperm. They tried for two years with no luck, and instead of having to give up like a straight couple would, they just decided to start treatments with her wife. Coincidentally their "last try" with the originally-chosen mom worked, so the other didn't end up having to conceive after all! They have two children now, a boy and a girl, who seem to be growing up beautifully - as I'd expect, given how wonderful their mothers both are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 07:30 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Not horrible, just not ideal. Studies show that fatherlessness is a large factor in teenage suicide, crime, deliquency, depression, runaways, etc.

And here you are offering up two women purposely causing kids to be raised without a father as a wonderful thing to be admired. Now I'm not saying they should have thier rights restricted but there's a difference between that and actually forming a cheerleading squad for them. You appear to care more about social engineering with a gay-friendly agenda than about providing children good homes.
Oh now stop this with all your reasoning!
There's an agenda to push.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:35 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
So...
Poor.
Poor.
Poor.
Poor.
And not even twice as much...but 1.7 times as much. What a startling statistic! So if the rate is 2%...that rate climbs all the way to 3.4% Why hasn't there been a Dateline about this?!!!!
Those statistics aren't factoring only gay dual-parent households, though... they are most likely counting stats among single-parent (typically not by choice) households, which are generally known to exist in higher rates among the lower-income communities. Plus you have to consider how many teen moms are single, and of course their poverty levels would be higher than older married couples. But those facts aren't related to gay couples, who are typically older and financially stable before adopting/conceiving. Another cool thing about gay parenting? No "oops" babies!

I'd like to see an analysis comparing DUAL-parent homes of both gay & straight couples, and then maybe we can have some relevant facts on which to base this discussion. Perhaps I'll try to find such a study later, if any exist out there?

Old 03-09-2012, 08:17 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Oh now stop this with all your reasoning!
There's an agenda to push.

You don't believe in "reasoning." You believe in distortion and misanalogizing to drive an "Agenda" against families and children of gay people. It has been known for a long time that children of gay households are just as adjusted on average (if not more, as some suggest) that children of straight households:

2010: A new study suggests children of gay parents are not only psychologically healthy, but often appear to exhibit better social and academic adjustment and a significantly lower incidence of social problems than their peers.

Gay Parents Have Well-Adjusted Kids | Psych Central News

2005: Oct.12, 2005 (Washington) -- Children growing up in same-sex parental households do not necessarily have differences in self-esteem, gender identity, or emotional problems from children growing up in heterosexual parent homes.

Study: Same-Sex Parents Raise Well-Adjusted Kids

Old 03-09-2012, 09:08 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Growing up in the inner city and you think not knowing their dad is their biggest problem?

How about we do a study of children without fathers who are born to wealthy, educated, involved parents?
I already added: "May turn out fine, especially with there not being any financial issues". Money solves a lot of issues. I know even if my parents were rich, which they were not, I would want to know my dad. On the other hand there are plenty of situations a Lesbian couple would bring children out of undesirable situations and be better parents than what they had. On the flip side I know some whacked out Lesbian couples that should not have children.

This type of situation treats men as sperm donors. Unfortunately "the message" the women in the OP are giving their boys is a father is not needed at the best and only good as a sperm donor at the worst. They can say anything they want to the boys but their "Actions" demonstrate that men are not needed.

Those of us that were raised with good fathers know their value. I'm glad mine was there for me.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 03-09-2012 at 09:27 AM..

Old 03-09-2012, 11:42 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
These crimes happens in society,....but, using this to illustrate that straight marriages are worse than homosexual ones is not a valid argument. One must realize there are more straight marriages than homosexual ones, but when the majority of marriages are between the same gender, there will be just as many crimes as you described among same sex marriages. Homosexuals are no better than the population at large. They are just people, too.
No your not understanding the point! which is there are thousands upon thousands, i know for fact, of children babies, and young young children that need a loving home.

I rather see a child in a loving home enviroment, with caring compassionate . loving people then never know what it is to be loved, or in a loving home.The point was it does not matter, the gender of the parents, if the children are well cared for, loved, understood, independent, smart, what the hell does it matter. Too many children need homes, and not enough parents that can adopt them.
Read your last line, that says it all in nutshell.

Who cares if there are more straight marriages, what in the hell gives these parents the right to kill their chidlren, as in the two newest cases.
Who cares about the population of straight marriages, these people should not be parents. The two newest cases, well 3 now, make me sick.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:08 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
No your not understanding the point! which is there are thousands upon thousands, i know for fact, of children babies, and young young children that need a loving home.

I rather see a child in a loving home enviroment, with caring compassionate . loving people then never know what it is to be loved, or in a loving home.The point was it does not matter, the gender of the parents, if the children are well cared for, loved, understood, independent, smart, what the hell does it matter. Too many children need homes, and not enough parents that can adopt them.
Read your last line, that says it all in nutshell.

Who cares if there are more straight marriages, what in the hell gives these parents the right to kill their chidlren, as in the two newest cases.
Who cares about the population of straight marriages, these people should not be parents. The two newest cases, well 3 now, make me sick.
Your initial left the implication that children raised by homosexual parents would not experience the trauma/crime that you described in the heterosexual marriage,...or at least that is the implication that I received. My point is that in society as a whole, homosexual couples (as a percentage) are just as likely to commit the same acts as their heterosexual counterparts. I know of no studies to prove otherwise.

And, most couples cannot afford to adopt children,...as the expense necessary to complete the process is beyond the means of most. Many Americans travel overseas to adopt because of the tedious process and huge expense of adopting in the states.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:21 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
I didn't know Cat Cora was gay. She's my favorite Iron Chef.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:23 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Why, because I dislike most Conservatives (primarily social conservatives) and think what they teach children is idiotic brainwashing?
Why is it okay for you to say you dislike conservatives and consider their beliefs to be a form of brain washing but it's not okay for someone to say they dislike homos or atheist people? I don't understand it. Sound like a double standard thing to me.

Only liberal and secular beliefs are okay but not any other ones?

Old 03-09-2012, 10:40 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Well,I certainly wouldn't mind being adopted by them. They have money,so we can't really compare them to single,low income Moms. Plus,everyone misses this point,but the children ARE being raised in a 2 parent household.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies