Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 02:04 PM

74 posts, read 52,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
Are you conservatives the same people who claim there is a war on religion in America?
I think the "Aren't you confident enough in your faith to not care what Atheists say about religion?" argument that the atheists use can be switched the this "Aren't you confident in yourself to not care what some men say?" And it would be relevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 02:05 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
A sonogram is an invasive procedure??? The very definition of invasive as it pertains to medicine says otherwise... Medicine/Medical . requiring the entry of a needle, catheter, or other instrument into a part of the body, especially in a diagnostic procedure, as a biopsy. I've had four sonograms, none requiring a needle or anything evasive. A little cold jelly like substance once, but hardly evasive or uncomfortable in any way....
Many of the states are requiring VAGINAL ultrasounds, luckily this didn't get passed in Texas, but has been passed overall. Its also invasive mentally and it is a GOVERNMENT MANDATE ON A VERY PRIVATE MATTER, doesn't that incense your "so called" conservative ideals?

Old 03-09-2012, 02:05 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Their was a clause that wouldn't have allowed insurance companies to unjustly raise their premiums due to this law, but it got kicked down the road into 2014 so they are doing it now. Republicans got it kicked down the road, now YOU and I are paying higher premiums not because of what Obama did, but what your republican congressional people did!

YES, because of what Obama and Pelosi the Bat did.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You know, I probably should let this go because it's so ridiculous, but I just can't. I'll name you one. . . me! I could name a half dozen of my friends too, off the top of my head. Some are liberal, some are conservative. Unlike so many conservatives on this board, I don't have a bunch of personal friends on welfare, or Medicaid, or even SCHIP. I don't have any personal friends who are "abusing the system". Even in my work, as an office nurse, we don't have very many people who do this.

This is a crock of crap!
BTW, I've never taken a government handout in my life either! My goodness, that scews some charts I'm sure!

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The sonogram if done in the first trimester would have to be a trans vaginal type which you best believe is invasive and uncomfortable. Regardless, the government has no business forcing this on women.
In addition, it's unnecessary for many abortions. Don't we hear all this yakking about too much use of medical equipment unnecessarily? Then a state legislature comes along and passes a law requiring unnecessary use of medical equipment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The sonogram if done in the first trimester would have to be a trans vaginal type which you best believe is invasive and uncomfortable. Regardless, the government has no business forcing this on women.

The government has no business forcing people to buy health insurance.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:10 PM

74 posts, read 52,725 times
Quote:
Many of the states are requiring VAGINAL ultrasounds, luckily this didn't get passed in Texas, but has been passed overall. Its also invasive mentally and it is a GOVERNMENT MANDATE ON A VERY PRIVATE MATTER, doesn't that incense your "so called" conservative ideals?
And an abortion isn't mentally invasive?

Old 03-09-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Are you a professional activist?

Why are you so angry?

It's loud folks like you who make other women afraid to speak their minds. You make it so that your voice is the only one that counts.
Not a professional activist, but I have considered myself to be active in womens issues and animal issues forever. I'm a very mellow person and don't even have a single reason other than political pandering in areas of concern to have an angry thought. My kids are raised, my grandkids are raised, I'm retired with nothing but time, a very good lifestyle and I'm an artist. But some areas, such as a woman's right to dignity, and privacy of her own body is an area I take seriously and took even more seriously in the 60's. I would be just as "loud" and "active" if it were a puppy mill issue! Oh, and BTW....I know what I speak about on this issue. I may not know a lot of stuff about a lot of stuff......but on this issue, I am informed!

Old 03-09-2012, 02:16 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PianoPlayer17 View Post
And an abortion isn't mentally invasive?
Whose choice?

BTW, you should at least answer the question, or are you okay with such government mandates that were pointed out to you?

Old 03-09-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:

It incenses my conservative ideals that it's fine with you that the Democrats are cramming mandated health insurance down our throats and you couldn't care less.

I don't give a DAMN if there is a GOVERNMENT MANDATE on requiring VAGINAL ULTRASOUNDS.

You want to shove stuff down people's throats - I guess it's just too bad if you have to take it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies