Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 08:22 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
ALL Americans should be concerned about losing their rights. What's disturbing is that LIberal women don't recognize that the government mandating BC coverage is the OPENING SALVO to what is to come. If they can madate something you LIKE.....then they can mandate something you DON'T LIKE.

Liberals have never been known for their extraordinary foresight. It's all about the entitlement. Which is why this country is circling the drain.
What a way to twist things!

You think there are no insurance mandates NOW?

I may not need every mandate there is, but it's shameful for people to pay for insurance then find they're not covered when they need it. This applies to way more than birth control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 08:28 AM

3,502 posts, read 3,134,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroses777 View Post
Liberal women see themselves as victims. Conservative women see themselves as strong and independent. A liberal woman thinks she needs someone to take care of her(i.e. the government). A conservative woman would just make her boyfriend/husband/fiance use a condom if she couldn't get her hands on the pill.

This kind of ridiculous, brain-dead generalization coming from the so-called "smarter" conservative women? If this is your idea of intellectual superiority, then you're in trouble. This thread is almost as stupid as the "Conservative women are hotter" thread.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No one is trying to reverse the abortion decision.
you can't be serious when you say this.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:32 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
They are.

That's why they don't want more government rules which are unconstitutional.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

I may not need every mandate there is, but it's shameful for people to pay for insurance then find they're not covered when they need it. This applies to way more than birth control.
IMO more shameful that people are paying insurance and don't know their own coverage. There's no lack of information on the various plans and what is covered vs what is not.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:44 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:

What is there to spin? Everytime the US Government mandates something, you lose freedom.

Just beause healthcare is the issue doesn't make it any less true.

That's why forcing seatbelts on people are still an outrage to many people to this day. The USG knows this....that's why "highway funding" was threatened for states who didn't comply.....because the Federal Government beleives it has all the answers for you and your health. It doesn't beleive you have the werewithal to do what's best for you.

Why do you believe that the USG knows what's best for you Katiana? Are people not capbable of doing what's best for them without USG interference, including saving a few dollars for copays and putting a seatbelt on at their own behest?

The point is that the USG doesn't know how to police itself.....and we have people that share your ideology that it should be able to do what it wants because the USG knows best.

America is circling the drain for a reason.......its' not a coincidence.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:

It is every persons responsibility to READ the policy that you are buying.

Aren't the leftie's supposed to be the ultra intelligent? Why can't you brilliant, highly educated people read what is covered under your policy?

I know it's a lot to take in, but you're smart, right?

Well, am I right?

Lack of responsibility has been at the center of liberalism for 50 years now. (nothing is YOUR fault)

Now feminists are demanding that the Catholic Universities go against their principles and cover contraceptives.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:57 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It is every persons responsibility to READ the policy that you are buying.

Aren't the leftie's supposed to be the ultra intelligent? Why can't you brilliant, highly educated people read what is covered under your policy?

I know it's a lot to take in, but you're smart, right?

Well, am I right?

Lack of responsibility has been at the center of liberalism for 50 years now. (nothing is YOUR fault)

Now feminists are demanding that the Catholic Universities go against their principles and cover contraceptives.
Oh, not more of this "personal responsibility" rap again! Yes, you should read your policy and know what's in it. It's still a shame to pay into insurane, sometimes for years, and then not be covered for something when you need it.

Cut the sarcasm about my intelligence alpha, or I might go after yours!

Old 03-10-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Oh, not more of this "personal responsibility" rap again! Yes, you should read your policy and know what's in it. It's still a shame to pay into insurane, sometimes for years, and then not be covered for something when you need it.

Cut the sarcasm about my intelligence alpha, or I might go after yours!
It's not sarcasm.

Almost every week there's a thread about the "highly educated" left vs the knuckle dragging neanderthal right.

I'm certain that you fit into that category.

Now, take responsibility for YOURSELF (it may be difficult) and read YOUR policy.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of care!

Old 03-10-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
So I take it all personally responsible men who don't want children are going to pay for their vasectomies out of pocket, and are not going to let their insurance foot the bill?

Fair's fair, right?

What do you call a man who has sex and doesn't pay for his own vasectomy, anyway?
Man-w***e?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies