Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 03:34 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,378 times

Advertisements

The paranoid Progressive women who post on city-data are all freaked out about their reproductive "rights". Militant even. They're always angry.

They are so maladjusted about this that they are shackled to vote for one Party, in their opinion. No other issues even get consideration. Is this any way to live?

IF they disagreed with a Presidential candidate on every issue under the sun but agreed with that candidate's stance on women's health issues - they would vote for that person.

In other words, these women are not complete because they only have the ability to be heard on one issue through their vote.

Their opinions on the economy and so forth no longer matter. Women who think like they do are now slaves to that issue and are not free.

Not free to effect Presidential election outcomes and the direction of the country the way that women who consider ALL the issues do.

Are Conservative women the only women who help shape America from an intellectual stand point? Because they weigh ALL issues when choosing a President?

Instead of being so hell bent on birth control that they HAVE to vote for Democrats no matter what?

Why aren't Conservative women worried about losing their freedom like their exaggerated Progressive sisters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 05:36 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
The paranoid Progressive women who post on city-data are all freaked out about their reproductive "rights". Militant even. They're always angry.

They are so maladjusted about this that they are shackled to vote for one Party, in their opinion. No other issues even get consideration. Is this any way to live?

IF they disagreed with a Presidential candidate on every issue under the sun but agreed with that candidate's stance on women's health issues - they would vote for that person.

In other words, these women are not complete because they only have the ability to be heard on one issue through their vote.

Their opinions on the economy and so forth no longer matter. Women who think like they do are now slaves to that issue and are not free.

Not free to effect Presidential election outcomes and the direction of the country the way that women who consider ALL the issues do.

Are Conservative women the only women who help shape America from an intellectual stand point? Because they weigh ALL issues when choosing a President?

Instead of being so hell bent on birth control that they HAVE to vote for Democrats no matter what?

Why aren't Conservative women worried about losing their freedom like their exaggerated Progressive sisters?

The so-called 'progressive' women are reacting to this issue because it has been exagterated. And...to be more clear, they are easily lead and swayed by the media's propaganda that paints all of the republican candidates as wanting to abolish abortion and birth control.

The issuse has gained steam with the Rush Limbaugh controversy, and the left has seized upon this opportunity to ramp up the propaganda machine...(mainly to get rid of Limbaugh).. getting women all up in arms. First about what Rush called Ms. Fluke....and now the press and the left have morphed it into a misrepresentation of the stance of the republican candidates.

In short..the press has taken the Limbaugh controversy and turned it into 'the republicans want to outlaw birth control'....and as usual....the generally stupid Americans swallow hook, line and sinker.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:41 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Perhaps because no one is threatening their rights?

Old 03-09-2012, 05:43 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
You think Progressive women are one-issue voters? Nah, they are 10-20 issue voters who vote Democrat.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:

The simple answer, I think, is that by and large conservative women are far smarter, and they have a confidence in themselves and in their ability to take responsibility for their own choices and actions.

Liberal women behave like they are subjects, and never seem to break out of the victim-hood mentality. They have an imagined perception that men, and particularly Republican men, are all misogynists. This is what the "feminist" movement has done to them.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:53 AM

261 posts, read 357,351 times
You have a good point yooperkat. I am firmly pro-life and a conservative, but I would have voted for Hilary in the last presidential election. I don't let one issue dictate my vote.

I actually don't know if I am going to vote this time around. I don't like President Obama, I don't like any of the GOP front runners, and I am sick of voting AGAINST someone instead of for someone.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:58 AM

261 posts, read 357,351 times
I've always found the feminist title to be confounding. My liberal college roomates were the first ones to go running to their fathers when they got in over their heads with credit card debt then they would turn around and talk about how women are treated like babies. They would make stands on things like being called "baby" by their bfs because it was demeaning to women. But they were incapable of taking care of themselves.

Meanwhile I worked, paid my own bills, and was independent and they would encourage me to be more involved in standing up for women. If I'd been smarter and had a little more spirit I would have told them to walk the walk instead of talking the talk.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:00 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Please remember Limpjaw and his cohort Beck are a vital assets to the Democratic Party. These commentators have managed to paint the Republicans as the party of Religious Intolerance and enslaving women. The Democrats could not have done that by themselves.

I would like to see both Limpjaw and the Beckster return to subsidized television.

BTW – Konservative women don’t worry about losing freedom because most of them have the money needed to buy and maintain their freedom.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
The issuse has gained steam with the Rush Limbaugh controversy, and the left has seized upon this opportunity to ramp up the propaganda machine...(mainly to get rid of Limbaugh).. getting women all up in arms. First about what Rush called Ms. Fluke....and now the press and the left have morphed it into a misrepresentation of the stance of the republican candidates.

In short..the press has taken the Limbaugh controversy and turned it into 'the republicans want to outlaw birth control'....and as usual....the generally stupid Americans swallow hook, line and sinker.
False!

This began before Rush had made any comments about Ms. Fluke, and his comments came because of this perceived notion that woman's birth control choices were under assault.

You obviously have no clue what Rush said or you would understand that prior to his using the "s" word he was making fun of this notion that birth control was the essence of the issue, and he was pointing out that it was an assault on the First Amendment and not about b.c.

I do not see how anything Rush said about Ms. Fluke could possibly have fueled this notion that somebody is trying to take contraceptive choices from women. It was entirely created by the liberal Media and begun with a question by George Stephanopoulos at a debate.

The whole thing is ridiculous! It was desined to divert focus from real issues of the Presidents record.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:04 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,169 times
Quote:

i THINK ITS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT USEFUL IDIOTS. LIBERAL WOMEN THINK THEY ARE SMART THEY HAVEN'T THE SLIDEST IDEA THEY ARE BEING USE LIKE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS! AND THEY THINK THEYRE LIBERATED, WRONG THEY ARE SLAVES.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies