Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 02:35 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,731,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You do understand I do not have any control over how people treat each other,except myself and my 7 year old?
Your entire posting history- I’m not impressed by the control you have over yourself, let alone your 7yr old or the right to vote anyone else's liberty away to suit yourself. You're a club of Rome member, which is not the true faith. In other words, you are the very embodiment of a chick tract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
You know what I meant. You don't have to a dick. I didn't say every Christian in America has an abortion. If you thought I meant that than you are insane. jesus
I agree, they are insane. Must defend the splinter of an institution at all costs. Even if it means piles of bodies. It's a dangerous mentality that needs confrontation by theologians. Priests of other denominations getting in fist fights in Bethlehem are revealing their own waywardness as Christians. Thing is, how many other denominations are engaged in the same thing, only without fists? They use legislation and other nefarious 'civilized' methods to inflict themselves.
I do understand & empathize with your aversion to religion. Where you've got it wrong is that these individuals claiming themselves to be religious are exactly not. Making a career out of avoiding self discipline and personal responsibility is another religion they are practicing. They are worshiping themselves. That's the ugly you're pointing at but cannot articulate. I hope you do some homework to be able to discern the difference. What mules is saying is 100% true. Talking yourself into jail demanding that "religion must die" makes you guilty of exactly what you claim is evil. Real liberals know to fight fire with water. You've trolled before but I'm confronting your wrong headed logic on principles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThrillIsGone View Post
And you dont have to be one either. You've made some pretty inflammatory statements in this thread.
Yes he has, but where did the tinder and the match come from? The law, Church teachings, and having yahoos inflicting themselves on you (and him) by proxy. Can you at least try to understand why people would be disgusted with organized religion? Even if it only applies to those corrupted churches engaged in cult practices that true Christians are being wrongfully blamed over. That is the case. We've done a poor job of defining that (legally and as Christians) with freedom of religion clause. It is our failure as Christians to define that line better causing confusion.

Jim Jones was a madman and Congressman Leo Ryan (Catholic) died in the line of duty protecting his constituents. Which of these men are true religious in the eyes of the law? In the eyes of atheists? When Jim Jones wants to issue forth his theocratic mandates we ought to respect his religion? Even as he persecutes real Christians in the name of his holy kool aid? This is an extreme example, but history has proven out that men fluffing up manifestly unsound concepts hiding behind God cloaks prey on lambs. They serve no one but themselves and we can't even talk about that without being accused of being disloyal to our faith. What's wrong with this argument??? Isn't this the very logic of pedophiles? Why are clergy leaning on this logic? It's sickness in themselves that can only be corrected in earnest by digging deeper into the Bible to correct their ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 04:11 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,689,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Your entire posting history- I’m not impressed by the control you have over yourself, let alone your 7yr old or the right to vote anyone else's liberty away to suit yourself. You're a club of Rome member, which is not the true faith. In other words, you are the very embodiment of a chick tract.
lol, again this post reflects your reading comprehension deficiencies. Of course my response to the poster you commented on, was actually an argument to increase free speech rights.

You are under some misunderstanding that I, or anyone else, cares what you think of their faith. The only thing we, and the constitution demand is that you stay out of the way of the practice of our faith.

I am fairly confident that you have no idea what the Club of Rome is.

Lol, I don't think you know what Chick Tracts are either. From you anti Catholic rants, I would assume you would have better grasp of them.

Again, you are obsessed with trying to prove the Catholic church promotes hate, yet you provide no evidence, just sound a fury. Take a deep breath, let go of the hate.

Last edited by shorebaby; 03-10-2012 at 04:24 PM..

Old 03-10-2012, 04:20 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,011,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Next time do a bit more research. This church is a non-denominational megachurch with locations in several "rich" neighborhoods in both Texas and California. The evil Vatican is not involved in this one.

They are not a Catholic Church so your rant about Catholics holds no place in this thread which YOU initiated.

Grace Community Church (Texas) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Meh...any chance to bash the Catholic Church should be taken.

In any case, i thought the letter was a hoot. But it's his right to write such a letter regardless of its effectiveness (or lack thereof).

These Megachurch frauds crack me up. I wish i could put them all in a spaceship with just enough fuel to leave Earth's atmosphere so that they never come back.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:24 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,140,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Separation of Church and state?

Free speech is for Churches only?

Jesus would chase around gays?

Letter from Dr. Steve Riggle, Senior Pastor, Grace Community Church to Houston Mayor Annise Parker:

the pastor did not demand her resignation, what he said was;

Quote:
Respectfully, if you cannot uphold the Texas constitution, then you should do the honorable thing and step down.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:16 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,011,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the pastor did not demand her resignation, what he said was;
Ehhhh...he did kinda call for his resignation. He just soft pedaled it a bit.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:44 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,368,343 times
Quote:
It didn't take much for you to get there! Holy moly, I've never had an interaction in this forum with anyone like you.
Oh yes you have.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
lol, again this post reflects your reading comprehension deficiencies. Of course my response to the poster you commented on, was actually an argument to increase free speech rights.

You are under some misunderstanding that I, or anyone else, cares what you think of their faith. The only thing we, and the constitution demand is that you stay out of the way of the practice of our faith.

I am fairly confident that you have no idea what the Club of Rome is.

Lol, I don't think you know what Chick Tracts are either. From you anti Catholic rants, I would assume you would have better grasp of them.

Again, you are obsessed with trying to prove the Catholic church promotes hate, yet you provide no evidence, just sound a fury. Take a deep breath, let go of the hate.
The poster is NOT expounding sound and fury, merely contrary opinions to yours but once again we see you ratcheting it up in your usual subliminal way with the, unsupported by any factual evidence, accusation of the poster being filled with hate. Quantum leap you use a lot.

Same deflection you've used elsewhere.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
The poster is NOT expounding sound and fury, merely contrary opinions to yours but once again we see you ratcheting it up in your usual subliminal way with the, unsupported by any factual evidence, accusation of the poster being filled with hate. Quantum leap you use a lot.

Same deflection you've used elsewhere.
Unfortunately hate is a defining feature of anti religious types.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh yes you have.
That's true, I am reminded of interaction wth another poster who was equally clueless.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
That's true, I am reminded of interaction wth another poster who was equally clueless.
There are vast legions of us who disagree with your zealotry who will suffer your "personal attacks" with you calling us clueless, ill informed, bigoted, intolerant, stupid, hateful, and any other adjective you care to use and we will still post our opinions as this is the home of "Freedom of Speech" !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies