Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 01:41 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
There are vast legions of us who disagree with your zealotry who will suffer your "personal attacks" with you calling us clueless, ill informed, bigoted, intolerant, stupid, hateful, and any other adjective you care to use and we will still post our opinions as this is the home of "Freedom of Speech" !

My goodness, you are thin skinned. Now why do you assume I was talking about you? If I recall correctly you launched a personal attack against this vey poster. Would you like to recount for everone what it was? Lol. In any event I wish to promote all the free speech you and your fellow travelers would like to provide us with. You folks reveal yourselves for what you are with each post.

Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 01:57 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Unfortunately hate is a defining feature of anti religious types.
Because you say it does not make it so.

Anti-religion types can be merely anti ORGANIZED religion types. Not all of us believe you need churches or classifications to be religious.

We understand your need to define us as one entity. God forbid you would have to address each and every one of our individual grievances with your various organized religions, especially catholicism. Much easier for you to categorize us in one nice little box and accuse "us" as being hateful when it's yourself who resorts to the diatribes and name calling.

I'll calmly await your rebuttal invective.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Because you say it does not make it so.

Anti-religion types can be merely anti ORGANIZED religion types. Not all of us believe you need churches or classifications to be religious.

We understand your need to define us as one entity. God forbid you would have to address each and every one of our individual grievances with your various organized religions, especially catholicism. Much easier for you to categorize us in one nice little box and accuse "us" as being hateful when it's yourself who resorts to the diatribes and name calling.

I'll calmly await your rebuttal invective.

Well it is nice not to be on the recieveing end of your personal attacks for a change.

Your (the anti religious crowd) overriding grievance from what I can make out through all the bluster is they (you) feel the Catholic church has too much influence on public policy. It is my contention that government intrudes too much on religious freedom. Unfortunately the anti religious folks have an odd form of tourettes, they are incapable of discussing the Catholic church without bringing up its sex abuse scandals in the most vile terms. It reminds me of 1950's rednecks who categorized all blacks as criminals because some were criminals.

Last edited by shorebaby; 03-11-2012 at 02:44 PM..

Old 03-11-2012, 02:14 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
My goodness, you are thin skinned. Now why do you assume I was talking about you? If I recall correctly you launched a personal attack against this vey poster. Would you like to recount for everone what it was? Lol. In any event I wish to promote all the free speech you and your fellow travelers would like to provide us with. You folks reveal yourselves for what you are with each post.

Cheers!
I responded in the plural which would call into question your reading comprehension skills with your answer in the "you're thin skinned" singular but hey; who'se picking nits?

I believe I get it now; you can post various unflattering names with your patronizing little LOL's scattered like peppercorns but when someone else does it, that constitutes a personal attack.

You're too young to have so much anger and hatred stored like victuals in a root cellar. Your life altering events have damaged you in such a way that your crutch is all encompassing villification of all who would question, not your religion, but rather your interpretation of it.

Not going there with you again, my life is on the downside now and my time has more value than to spend it arguing with the zealots. You will undoubtedly find other, more willing, adversaries to spar with.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I responded in the plural which would call into question your reading comprehension skills with your answer in the "you're thin skinned" singular but hey; who'se picking nits?

I believe I get it now; you can post various unflattering names with your patronizing little LOL's scattered like peppercorns but when someone else does it, that constitutes a personal attack.

You're too young to have so much anger and hatred stored like victuals in a root cellar. Your life altering events have damaged you in such a way that your crutch is all encompassing villification of all who would question, not your religion, but rather your interpretation of it.

Not going there with you again, my life is on the downside now and my time has more value than to spend it arguing with the zealots. You will undoubtedly find other, more willing, adversaries to spar with.

Nope, never call anyone unflattering names. I do describe ideas as I see them. If you view my laughing at your ideas as a personal attack, then my assesment of thin skin is indeed accurate. I see you declined to recount your personal attack, that is wise. It would make the reader blush, and make my perceived personal attacks look like high praise.

There has only been hate displayed by the anti religious folks. Perhaps a little old time religion would cure that bile.

Again as I have pointed out repeatedly, religious folks only want to go ahead with their lives and practice their religion yet the anti religious folks refuse to allow that to happen. The anti religious folks will be confronted and defined for what they are until they leave folks alone. If that definition is unflattering, it is only because it is true.

Last edited by shorebaby; 03-11-2012 at 02:48 PM..

Old 03-19-2012, 12:33 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
I'm anti fake religious. Why wouldn't I be?

Real religious do not seek to control others. They seek to encourage others to embrace control of themselves. Huge difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies