U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 11:34 AM

9,329 posts, read 9,270,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
When it comes for calls for government to actually adhere to the US Constition and be fiscally responsible, there is nothing extremist to that.

Extremist has become the Progressive's new code word for supporters of our Constitutional Republic (and of course for playing the race card).
You are correct.

The right is just reacting to the fact that our government is being run by leftwing extemists who are doing a predictably ****-poor job of it.
Rate this post positively

Old 03-09-2012, 11:42 AM

10,876 posts, read 12,458,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
What short memories we have. It was the left, not the right, that planted the dagger into Mr. Cain's back and sabotaged his campaign.
LOL! Cain sunk his own ship by having numerous sex scandals and their camp themselves blamed Perry for the initial leaks. Beyond epic fail.

Also you can sure as hell bet if Cain had a (D) next to his name, the right wing goons would have had the pitchforks and torches out in full force.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:54 AM

16,496 posts, read 21,806,820 times
I love how everyone wraps themselves in the Constitution but never reads Article I. The President is Commander in Chief of the Army, the Navy and of the Various Militias. Any militia not under the Presidents control are enemy combatants. Go straight to Gitmo, do not collect $200

Old 03-09-2012, 11:56 AM

9,949 posts, read 7,964,655 times
Wait, this entire article is based on something from the SPLC? Never mind, I thought this was actually a somewhat credible article based on facts. I'm sorry I ever got involved in this load of race baiting crap.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:59 AM

3,726 posts, read 5,527,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
Technically blacks could vote in the south but they forced them to take tests before voting and if they didn't pass they would won't be allowed to vote.
Before being allowed to legally operate a motor vehicle we are required to pass both a written and driving test. This procedure is far more time consuming and difficult than is merely properly indentifying oneself at the polls on election day. By the line of reasoning presented above and in earlier posts, obtaining a drivers license would be considered unfair and discriminatory against minorities, the poor, and the elderly.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:01 PM

7,008 posts, read 6,297,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Wait, this entire article is based on something from the SPLC? Never mind, I thought this was actually a somewhat credible article based on facts. I'm sorry I ever got involved in this load of race baiting crap.
IKR?

The Hateful 'Hate Group' Scam Perpetuated by the Southern Poverty Law Center
The SPLC raises millions by issuing verbose press releases denouncing any and all critics of government as potential criminals or terrorists, and promising to "keep an eye on them" for the rest of us. Liberals, leftists, and the gullible and feeble minded open their checkbooks. It is the anti-free speech arm of the Leviathan state.

It is telling that during the Bush administration, when every leftist group on the planet was spewing hatred and venom at the U.S. government (and justifiably so in most instances), there were no sounds of alarm bells coming from the Southern Poverty Law Center announcing any skyrocketing increases in the number of "hate groups" in the U.S.

Only now, with a Democratic president whose political philosophy is that of unlimited governmental power, do we see such absurdities. We know that the "mainstream media" are either dumb or evil enough to buy into this scam, but is the American public really that stupid and gullible as well?

Here's a list of the dangerous, radical, hate group SPLC added to their extensive list of non-Obama voters (sic)-

United Families International
Save California
Sons of Thundr (Faith Baptist Church)
You Can Run, But You Cannot Hide
Parents Action League
Jewish Political Action Committee
Mission: America
Windsor Hills Baptist Church
True Light Pentecost Church
Tom Brown Ministries
Public Advocate of the United States

Old 03-09-2012, 12:08 PM

27,574 posts, read 15,494,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I love how everyone wraps themselves in the Constitution but never reads Article I. The President is Commander in Chief of the Army, the Navy and of the Various Militias. Any militia not under the Presidents control are enemy combatants. Go straight to Gitmo, do not collect $200
and that would include the black panthers..the weather underground, etc

Old 03-09-2012, 12:26 PM

702 posts, read 1,043,731 times
Are you sure they havent just changed the definition of 'right wing extremists' lots of times?

Old 03-09-2012, 12:29 PM

12,645 posts, read 14,339,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Isn't the Constitution for "convenience only".

Old 03-09-2012, 12:31 PM

9,949 posts, read 7,964,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonAreaWeatherSummary View Post
Are you sure they havent just changed the definition of 'right wing extremists' lots of times?
Well right now "right wing extremist" is defined by *******s as anyone who doesn't support or plan to vote for Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.