Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 10:36 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I don't support many of Obama's policies, so your post fails. If Herman Cain had that much support in the GOP he would not have dropped out of the GOP primaries. Sorry, conservatives tend to have more influence on GOP primaries than liberals.
I guess you missed the part where Cain was leading until the media and a few women came forward. I guess it took a while before people realized he was black...…

Allen West is viewed very favorably by conservatives. Maybe they don't know that he's 100 percent black compared to Obama's 50 percent.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:39 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Fox is where many on the right get there pseudo news infotainment. How can anyone that relies on FOX ...Full Of X-tremely dumbed down sh-t, point a finger at another media outlet without looking really stupid.
I watch all the news even msnbc. I take in all of what is said and make my own mind up.

Don't think I loved Bush. Don't think I love everything on the conservative side. Yet the most extreme talkers are the ones I don't like.

I never said I liked Rush Limbaugh. He is too coarse a talker and if they remotely sound like some of the people on msnbc with words of hate, intolerance, such as everyone is a racist, bigot and the like , I don't like it on either side.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:40 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and left wing (fascist) groups grew 1000% when bush was in office
Do you have a link or any kind of proof of this? Or is it just more ultra-right wing made up, off topic trash?

Old 03-09-2012, 10:42 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Article I of the Constitution clearly establishes the President as Commander of "the vaious militias" so any "militia" outside his command should be considered Enemy Combatants and treated to GITMO without trial

Old 03-09-2012, 10:45 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
Uh how about no...

Republicans are wanting to take us back to Jim Crow laws with these voter ID laws bs. There is a still a significant part of the US population that is still very bigoted towards someone because of their race. Just like their own is a significant part of the US population that won't vote for someone because of their religious beliefs or lack of religious beliefs. It's something people don't want to talk about or recognize but our society is in no way a "tolerant" society.
Damn those racist voter ID laws!! How dare they make sure people are actually eligible to vote, aren't illegals, live in the same precinct, are registered voters. CURSE THEM!!!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Article I of the Constitution clearly establishes the President as Commander of "the vaious militias" so any "militia" outside his command should be considered Enemy Combatants and treated to GITMO without trial
Get a grip... who said they were Enemy Combatants.. got proof!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:47 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
Republicans are wanting to take us back to Jim Crow laws with these voter ID laws bs.
Jim Crow bs? No, it is to insure that only registered voters that are citizens will be allowed to cast ballots. There is voter fraud with non citizen and unregistered voting not uncommon in many precincts. Voter ID laws have zero to do with race and 100% to do with proper conduct of elections.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:48 AM

566 posts, read 958,262 times
I think this confirms that White parent/Black parent = Black person

Pretty sure those hardcore right wingers aren't sitting around saying "Ahhhh, gotta find a way to get rid of that biracial man that somehow got into the White House" ....instead, they use another word in place of "biracial."

Old 03-09-2012, 10:49 AM

254 posts, read 202,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Damn those racist voter ID laws!! How dare they make sure people are actually eligible to vote, aren't illegals, live in the same precinct, are registered voters. CURSE THEM!!!

Voter ID laws have nothing to do with voter fraud and has everything to do with preventing poor people and non-white minorities from voting.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post

With 14 million illegals and many getting false documentation it is still possible for illegals to vote.

Do you think they will vote for or against the freebees?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies