Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 03:41 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidArizona View Post
Also, as a libertarian I had some hope that perhaps a Dem in WH would be better on failed drug war, but Holder is doubling down on going after medical marijuana, even in states like AZ where the voters passed it.
I don't think that is a political issue as much as it is a "greedy government not getting its cut of the profits" issue.

The only way pot is going to be legalized is if the government can be assured it can tax and regulate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 03:49 PM

649 posts, read 1,132,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I don't think that is a political issue as much as it is a "greedy government not getting its cut of the profits" issue.

The only way pot is going to be legalized is if the government can be assured it can tax and regulate it.
true, but I figured lets pile on the guy, he pretty much deserves it

Old 03-09-2012, 03:53 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
I heard Sen. Charles Grassley interviewed the other day about 'fast and furious.' He said that he believed, but could not prove, that Holder was in the loop on F&F. Seems to me that Obama intends to stick with Holder; if he wanted to throw him under the bus he would have done it by now. We still do not know exactly who authorized and was responsible for F&F--shades of Ruby Ridge, when Congress was unable to find out who authorized the rules of engagement, as a code of silence prevailed among federal law enforcement.

Unfortunately the media will not do its job, unlike with watergate where they covered it like a blanket. If the GOP is smart they will do an end run around the media and work with the NRA to craft some ads about F&F. Including some Spanish-language ads directed at Hispanic voters--f&f resulted in the death of several hundred Mexicans, according to the Mexican atty gen.

There is also the lawsuit by the Terry family coming along.
Blog: Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry's Family Files Lawsuit against ATF

Old 03-09-2012, 04:02 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidArizona View Post
true, but I figured lets pile on the guy, he pretty much deserves it
Pile on!

Old 03-09-2012, 04:04 PM

649 posts, read 1,132,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I heard Sen. Charles Grassley interviewed the other day about 'fast and furious.' He said that he believed, but could not prove, that Holder was in the loop on F&F. Seems to me that Obama intends to stick with Holder; if he wanted to throw him under the bus he would have done it by now. We still do not know exactly who authorized and was responsible for F&F--shades of Ruby Ridge, when Congress was unable to find out who authorized the rules of engagement, as a code of silence prevailed among federal law enforcement.

Unfortunately the media will not do its job, unlike with watergate where they covered it like a blanket. If the GOP is smart they will do an end run around the media and work with the NRA to craft some ads about F&F. Including some Spanish-language ads directed at Hispanic voters--f&f resulted in the death of several hundred Mexicans, according to the Mexican atty gen.

There is also the lawsuit by the Terry family coming along.
Blog: Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry's Family Files Lawsuit against ATF
you can kinda tell, the way he hems and haws under questioning, like a kid caught in the cookie jar.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:19 PM

10 posts, read 12,839 times
Actually, the Army Psychiatrist case is in the military justice system and not under Holder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies