Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 07:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

This is a great ad, pointing out the unbelievable hypocrisy of obama. He has daughters, yes, Palin has daughters that have been routinely attacked by liberals. How would he like the same for his two girls.

He talks a good game, but as usual, he doesn't really mean what he says.

In his playbook, conservative women and their children are fair game.

Bill Maher: Obama's Million Dollar Man - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 08:36 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This is a great ad, pointing out the unbelievable hypocrisy of obama. He has daughters, yes, Palin has daughters that have been routinely attacked by liberals. How would he like the same for his two girls.

Waste of time. You know that liberals don't believe in personal responsibility, what makes you think they'll own up to this one?

Old 03-09-2012, 09:13 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,364 times
Sarah was and is a political figure in the public arena and making a ton of money doing it. She is fair game. David Letterman made an unwise choice of a joke about the daugher (although she was an adult at the time), that wasn't nice.....hardly horrible in any fashion but he publicly and very sincerely apologized and never did it again. No one that I know of ever said another thing, unless you can add a link.....I doubt you know of one either.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:19 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times
Maher gave the mil to Priorities USA, not the Obama campaign.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:49 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,231 times
This is pathetic, Maher making fun of Sarah Palin hardly makes him sexist, there's nothing sexist about making fun of a politician who is a woman. It's more sexist to demand women get a free pass. Palin also chooses to be a public figure as does her daughter Bristol, a reality TV star.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:53 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Then again, Obama's kids haven't decided to be freak shows on reality TV. When they start to do that, I'm sure plenty of people will ridicule them, too.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Sarah was and is a political figure in the public arena and making a ton of money doing it. She is fair game. David Letterman made an unwise choice of a joke about the daugher (although she was an adult at the time), that wasn't nice.....hardly horrible in any fashion but he publicly and very sincerely apologized and never did it again. No one that I know of ever said another thing, unless you can add a link.....I doubt you know of one either.
Piper was 14 years old at the time. He wasn't talking about Bristol.

So women entering the political arena should expect misogynistic, sexist, disgusting vile "jokes"...just because they're women?

A perfect example of the leftist mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Then again, Obama's kids haven't decided to be freak shows on reality TV. When they start to do that, I'm sure plenty of people will ridicule them, too.
Oh, the vicious Left started in on her children immediately.

Great ad, isn't it?

Old 03-10-2012, 12:28 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times
Quote:
So you are saying that misogynist "jokes" and slurs are ok if the women are public figures?

I guess we'll hold you to that and see if you stay consistent.

I'm betting you won't.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:32 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Interesting so according to your definition of what's OK. Rush could call Michelle Obama a c%%% and you wouldn't have an issue with it?

Old 03-10-2012, 12:33 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Maher gave the mil to Priorities USA, not the Obama campaign.
Lol, it's only an Obama super PAC, a distinction without a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies