Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 11:28 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Yes...I may know the board you are talking about...THOSE clowns do NOT function well within society at all and they are the type I worry about harming themselves by accident or others on purpose.
Sadly, I am no longer welcome on that board (banned) - but I still go over and read occasionally. One of the biggest lunatics doesn't seem to be there anymore (he was treated like some sort of god by the other paranoids) but there are still plenty of others there who see a threat to their "stuff" around every corner and who talk big talk about killing anyone who they perceive might want to steal some of their dried lasagna.

Quote:
I avoid yellow snow too
Kind of hard for me - I have thirteen dogs.

Quote:
wasn't to worried about it until I had melted that first FULL can of snow in that can...it gave me about an ounce of water!!!
Amazing, isn't it? I would pack that snow as hard as I could into the buckets, have four or five of those, and maybe get 1/2 to 3/4 of a bucket of water. It seemed, during that time, that all my kid and I did was bring in buckets of snow, trying to keep enough water going to take care of the few things we needed it for.

I have a lot of springs up the hill behind my house - and the hill is literally ten or twelve feet from my back door. I'd love to find a way to tap into one of those springs and maybe have a hand pump. I might even check into a solar backup for my electric pump - or buy a generator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 11:35 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Trying to overcome to US govt, stock piling guns/ammo/food and building underground bunkers. Are some Americans that afraid? I have read up on militias etc. Do you really think some Walmart camo n a few guns are going to protect you? Oh maybe the chevy w the bars on the front will help. Lol. The UN is in control. Accept it.
Yeah this advice from a guy who doesn't know the difference between your and you're.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:51 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Sadly, I am no longer welcome on that board (banned) - but I still go over and read occasionally. One of the biggest lunatics doesn't seem to be there anymore (he was treated like some sort of god by the other paranoids) but there are still plenty of others there who see a threat to their "stuff" around every corner and who talk big talk about killing anyone who they perceive might want to steal some of their dried lasagna.

Kind of hard for me - I have thirteen dogs.

Amazing, isn't it? I would pack that snow as hard as I could into the buckets, have four or five of those, and maybe get 1/2 to 3/4 of a bucket of water. It seemed, during that time, that all my kid and I did was bring in buckets of snow, trying to keep enough water going to take care of the few things we needed it for.

I have a lot of springs up the hill behind my house - and the hill is literally ten or twelve feet from my back door. I'd love to find a way to tap into one of those springs and maybe have a hand pump. I might even check into a solar backup for my electric pump - or buy a generator.
That dried Lasagna probably tastes like ass anyway,let 'em have it

13 dogs? Yep,yellow snow could be a biohazard for ya

Yes,that was an eye opening experience for me,but lesson hard learned are one's you don't forget....it makes those old cowboy movies look pretty stupid

Generator is usually the best bang for the buck short term,but then 3 weeks without power would burn some fuel...you'll have to keep your freezers running a bit to keep your food frozen for sure unless they are in an unheated outbuilding in the winter...compressors(fridge/freezer) do NOT like generator power either when they first kick on unless you have one big enough to carry it all with plenty to spare.

Get yourself a FoxFire book,the one with the spring water instructions in it...you can get them off Ebay pretty reasonable..tons of good,cheap info in them.

Off-Grid Water Systems

Old 03-11-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:

Get yourself a FoxFire book,the one with the spring water instructions in it...you can get them off Ebay pretty reasonable..tons of good,cheap info in them.

Off-Grid Water Systems
I have actually been planning on getting the FoxFire books - just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I bought the entire series one year for my oldest son for Christmas - a long time ago. He's 36 now and he would have been 15 or 16 at the time.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:

13 dogs? Yep,yellow snow could be a biohazard for ya
You probably don't want to ask me how many cats I have.....or goats.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
You probably don't want to ask me how many cats I have.....or goats.
GOATS!!! They are the spawn of Satan....I got a few several years ago to train my cow dogs with(yet another failed plan)...I looked out the window early the next moring and one (who had been in a fence the night before) was standing on the hood of my newish F350 4x4....I loaded my 7mm mag. and shot him right off that damn truck hood and sold the rest at a loss to my neighbor.....he did taste like deer on the BBQ pit tho'...that was a good thing.

No goats for me.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:22 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Trying to overcome to US govt, stock piling guns/ammo/food and building underground bunkers. Are some Americans that afraid? I have read up on militias etc. Do you really think some Walmart camo n a few guns are going to protect you? Oh maybe the chevy w the bars on the front will help. Lol. The UN is in control. Accept it.
The US just proved to the world that it takes about 10 years to conquer a bunch of rag-tag and backwards people.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
The US just proved to the world that it takes about 10 years to conquer a bunch of rag-tag and backwards people.
Yes,and they never DID conquer them,just pissed them off is all.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
...I looked out the window early the next moring and one (who had been in a fence the night before) was standing on the hood of my newish F350 4x4....I loaded my 7mm mag. and shot him right off that damn truck hood and sold the rest at a loss to my neighbor.....he did taste like deer on the BBQ pit tho'.

I'm obviously much more tolerant than you are!

Where I used to live, I had a bigger problem keeping the goats contained and away from the vehicles and I had to replace several sets of windshield wipers - damaged from the goats using the windshields for slides.

I also had to go into DMV one time and explain that the goats ate the tabs off my mini van and could I buy some new ones?

Here, I have a different set-up and nobody bothers my vehicles.

Also, except for a few, all of my goats are pretty old - most of them are over eight, several over ten, and my beloved old Sweet Pea will be fourteen this spring. They don't tend to be quite so "frisky" the older they get. (I had the parents to all of these goats.)

Yes, good fencing is very important for successful and peaceful goat ownership.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:

I'm obviously much more tolerant than you are!

Where I used to live, I had a bigger problem keeping the goats contained and away from the vehicles and I had to replace several sets of windshield wipers - damaged from the goats using the windshields for slides.

I also had to go into DMV one time and explain that the goats ate the tabs off my mini van and could I buy some new ones?

Here, I have a different set-up and nobody bothers my vehicles.

Also, except for a few, all of my goats are pretty old - most of them are over eight, several over ten, and my beloved old Sweet Pea will be fourteen this spring. They don't tend to be quite so "frisky" the older they get. (I had the parents to all of these goats.)

Yes, good fencing is very important for successful and peaceful goat ownership.
I had just bought these at the sale barn and hadn't bonded with them yet

Beside,you do NOT mess with a guy's hat,truck or dogs unless you are prepared for what comes next...he didn't get the memo...you can get away with knocking my cat up(if I had one) and not flushing my toilet,but when you mess with my truck or my dogs,my tolerance level is extremely low/nonexistant

My nephew raises them and makes a bit of extra money doing it by selling milk for infants with dairy intolerances...I just had that one experience and that was enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies