Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 12:17 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,970,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Ummmm, no.
Many of us were against Reagan.
He disgusted me.

Funny, if Obama is hated, how was he elected to be president.

Again, your wishful thinking is extremely entertaining.
Oh ... I see ... you thought I meant every person on earth

In another post you said you live in the EU ... now you are saying you voted for Obama ... What's with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 12:47 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
More bad news for Obama ... he is losing his base ...

Harvard Poll: Young Voters Say Obama Will Lose

More bad news for President Obama, this time from his alma mater, Harvard University. In a new poll, more younger voters, many of whom voted for him in 2008, think he will lose next year.

"This survey may well serve as an ominous sign for Barack Obama's 2012 chances and the political engagement of America's largest generation," said John Della Volpe, polling director at Harvard's Institute of Politics.
It's probably directly proportional to how bad we are doing at that point. For example,

1). Gas hits and maintains pricing north of $4.50 a gallon, nationwide, and the corresponding layoffs due to this cost
2) israel attacking Iran
3) administrations reluctance to capitulate on drilling of domestic oil and natural gas initiatives as prices for each soar
4) the republicans ability to consistently articulate this through any media venue they can get

Yeah, i'd say he's going down faster than a $5 hooker in bangkok. That, and of course the little detail like graduates want, and need, a job.....too? You can only wait on tables for so long after obtaining your masters, graduate and secondary degrees. Sooner or later, they really, really are going to want a job that that doesn't include the question, "would you like to know the specials today?"

Just sayin...

Old 03-11-2012, 01:15 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Quote:
Oh ... I see ... you thought I meant every person on earth

In another post you said you live in the EU ... now you are saying you voted for Obama ... What's with that?
I don't think I misquoted you. Here's your post no. 27.

Quote:
Reagan has wide support by all Americans ...
Obama has the opposite ...
You said ALL.
All has only one meaning.

I'm a US citizen working abroad. I pay taxes to the US, file income tax returns and vote.
Here's a little something from Nancy Griffith about the way you and I vote: I'll cancel you out when I go to the polls.
http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/n/n...harp_edge.html

Do you really not understand how that happens?
What do you think military people or people who work for multi-national corporations do?
What do you think absentee ballots are for?
You can learn something here: https://www.overseasvotefoundation.org/vote/home.htm

Are you really this silly.
I'd love to meet you, you keep me in stitches!

Last edited by chielgirl; 03-11-2012 at 01:29 PM..

Old 03-11-2012, 01:39 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,970,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I don't think I misquoted you. Here's your post no. 27.

You said ALL.
All has only one meaning.

I'm a US citizen working abroad. I pay taxes to the US, file income tax returns and vote.
Here's a little something from Nancy Griffith about the way you and I vote: I'll cancel you out when I go to the polls.
Nanci Griffith - One Blade Shy Of A Sharp Edge Lyrics

Do you really not understand how that happens?
What do you think military people or people who work for multi-national corporations do?
What do you think absentee ballots are for?
You can learn something here: https://www.overseasvotefoundation.org/vote/home.htm

Are you really this silly.
I'd love to meet you, you keep me in stitches!
I think you are disingenuous ...

Old 03-11-2012, 01:41 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Quote:
I think you are disingenuous ...
Think anything you like.
Or don't think, as the case may be.

I don't really care, but you do fill my evening with laughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies