Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2012, 07:12 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,110 times

Advertisements

Dennis Kucinich and “wackiness” - Salon.com

Glenn Greenwald nails it again, calling out the hypocrisy of the Democrats in failing to abide by their own principles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 07:22 AM

59,050 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post

Glenn Greenwald nails it again, calling out the hypocrisy of the Democrats in failing to abide by their own principles.
I sometimes think of when the lefties on here say what a bunch of losers the GOP has running for President today.

They forget him, Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown and Dukakis, dems who ran for President.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:25 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:

So? When Republican's like Arlen Specter stood up to Bush over warrantless wiretapping and extraordinary rendition, they were labeled as traitors.

If your comment sticks to the Democrats, it sticks to the GOP too, right?

Old 03-10-2012, 07:33 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,867,259 times
I would love to see Dennis Kucinich make a third party run for presidency.
Put him on the Green Party ticket with Jill Stein, moving Stein down to second spot on the ticket would garnish more votes than leaving Stein in the first position.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:10 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:

I would say that our ideology is close to being the same since both of us are Paul supporters. You are aware of the saying that a group of people can watch the same event but when questioned come up with several different versions. I think that is what took place here after we each read the same story.

Your interpretation is that this is a admonishment of the {D} party and mine is this a admonishment of the establishment of both parties. Example :
Quote:
These disparaging descriptors are never applied to America’s policy establishment, even when it is proved ruinously wrong, whereas politicians who don’t fit the mainstream Democratic or Republican mode. . . . are mocked almost reflexively in these terms, if they are covered at all. . . .

And who on the right is referred to as that crazy uncle who lives in the attic? Just glancing in the forum you will find the same derision from partisan {R}s for Paul. Another similarity is the accusations from the establishmsnt against both for the inability to enact legislation.

Quote:
For one, enacting legislation is not the only way to have an important impact on our political culture. Shining light on otherwise-ignored issues, advocating rarely-heard political positions, using one’s platform to highlight the corruption of those in power and to challenge their warped belief systems are all vitally important functions.
There is a a lot of difference in ideology between Paul and Kucinich but at least both were not so partisan they would not take on the establishment when needed. People can say what ever they want about Kucinich for a {D} I think he was a good rep. It would be safe to say I have some common ground with some of his positions. Opps that me crazy

Old 03-10-2012, 08:51 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Your interpretation is that this is a admonishment of the {D} party and mine is this a admonishment of the establishment of both parties.
To be honest, I, myself, do not think that we really have 2 parties. It's just the same party with 2 different faces to fool the public.

It's important to have people like Paul to call out GOP hypocrisy, and people like Kucinich call out Democrat hypocrisy, to make people realize how much similar the establishment of the 2 parties are, although they espouse different views on paper.

I am not a Progressive and I don't agree with everything Kucinich says, but I'll gladly vote for true Progressives like Kucinich over fake "conservatives" like Romney, Newt and Santorum.

The man is honest and has integrity, which is a quality which I look for in politicians, and which is rare to find in Washington.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:41 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
Dennis has a bright future. He and his wife are highly evolved human beings. The world needs more of that. We are drifting deeper into an ignorant muck, and need to extricate ourselves as soon as possible. We have been lulled into a brainwashed half slumber in many instances.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:21 PM

254 posts, read 202,600 times
Dennis Kucinich is the only US politican who I agree with 100% on just about every single issue.

He's pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage/rights, anti-war, pro-marijuana legalization, wants drinking age at 18, for universal healthcare, wants tax reform/get rid of tax loopholes, etc.

We need more politicians like Dennis Kucinich.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:09 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
The man is honest and has integrity, which is a quality which I look for in politicians, and which is rare to find in Washington.
Yep, you know where Kucinich stands and he is not a flip flopper and he has enough courage where he will stand alone or in a small minority. Like Paul he has what is called principle and won't be bought off or take one for the team. I think he really cares about the people of this country even though I disagree with him on issues I respect that.

I been to the neighborhood where he grew up and he has very humble roots, it's a ghetto. He knows what it is like being down and looking up.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:49 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
So? When Republican's like Arlen Specter stood up to Bush over warrantless wiretapping and extraordinary rendition, they were labeled as traitors.

Uhh, Arlen Specter is a democrat. He may have claimed to be a republican at one point in time, but he's gone over to your side, so keep him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies