Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 09:41 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiteacher View Post
Funny thing is that I watch a LOT of Fox News and class warfare seems to be the card thrown around on that sation all the time.
What class warfare are you talking about? Exposing Obama's and the Democrats' lack of economic success is not class warfare. What is class warfare is the OP's post and the Left attacking Gov. Walker. That is playing the class warfare card.

By the way, I'm gonna have you on record saying you watch "a LOT" of Fox News. I kicked them to the curb more than 4 months ago. I always did say, and many conservatives on here, that Fox's and Limbaugh's biggest fans and most avid listeners are Democrats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 09:42 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,685 times
I bet the OP is from Chicago and an organizer for the Occupy protests ...

Starting a war, a civil war, is exactly what the radical liberals want and what the liberal created Occupy protests were all about. These same tactics were used on the people in Egypt, Libya and now Syria to create regime change.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:43 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
GATHER, YE DEMOCRAT WARRIORS AND BE FEARED BY THINE ENEMIES!!

Old 03-10-2012, 09:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Say..can we have the battlegrounds somewhere along the coast so we can take time out to go to the Beach ?

Old 03-10-2012, 09:55 AM

391 posts, read 513,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What class warfare are you talking about? Exposing Obama's and the Democrats' lack of economic success is not class warfare. What is class warfare is the OP's post and the Left attacking Gov. Walker. That is playing the class warfare card.

By the way, I'm gonna have you on record saying you watch "a LOT" of Fox News. I kicked them to the curb more than 4 months ago. I always did say, and many conservatives on here, that Fox's and Limbaugh's biggest fans and most avid listeners are Democrats
The term "class warfare" is used ad nauseam to make political talking points on Fox. As far as having me "on record" I could care less. I'm honest and say it how it is. I watch "a lot" of news. I watch Fox and the "lamestream media" so that I actually see talking points from all sides.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:04 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
This summer we all need to start gearing up for war against the Republican Party in the fall. The Republican Party has decided to declare war on most of us. Women are under attack, workers are under attack, teachers are under attack, blacks are under attack, Hispanics are under attack and the elderly, sick and disabled are under attack by the Republicans. In fact just about everybody but rich white males whom the Republicans still think "pay too much taxes" are under attack. The good thing is that there are many more of us and if we declare our own war on the Republicans this summer and through the fall, we can rid ourselves of this menace to our rights and freedoms and bring back some degree of sanity to the country. Here is what we need to do:

1. Organize and make sure every person eligible to vote is able to vote. The Republicans have passed voter suppression laws in many states BUT what they do not tell you is this: IF they require a government issued photo ID, it MUST be provided FREE of charge. Otherwise it constitututes an illegal "poll tax". And if it requires supporting documentation to obtain, such as an official birth certificate, that too must be provided free. States should have procedures and an affidavit process for both. We need to organize ID assistance brigades to go into poorer communities and get everybody a photo ID where needed.
2. We must target Republicans everywhere they exist. The reason they were able to take over the Congress is because we failed to stop them. The problem with lots of Democrats is that we think only the Presidential election is important enough to show up to. EVERY election is important.
3. Remember that the Presidential election is not ONE big election but 50 state elections. It is a winner take all system state by state in 49 of the 50 states (Nebraska allots Electroial College votes by Congressional district). But just because you live in a hopelessly red state does not mean you should stay home. There are Congress and Senate elections. Remember that the Federal Government is THREE branches. The Executive (President) is only one of the three. The others are just as important if we are to stop the Republicans.
How can you expect to be taken seriously when you urge people to rally around a party that is every bit as corrupt and driven by partisan agenda as the group you want to oppose? Wake up, both parties suck.

Ignorant threads such as this prove you stand for party rather than principle. Sadly, you're just one of millions that infest both sides of the political spectrum. Until such time as voters cultivate the discernment and courage to support their beliefs rather than a party our current crop of elected officials will continue the rape of America with the blessing of their foolish supporters.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:05 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiteacher View Post
Funny thing is that I watch a LOT of Fox News and class warfare seems to be the card thrown around on that sation all the time.
Same with CNN, MSNBC and the three networks, just on the other side of the fence (if you agree with it you won't see it). I've given up on all of them...hooray for ESPN and HGTV.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:10 AM

59,037 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
"WAR!", indeed.

Politics, for some, is like a game of Dungeons and Dragons.
I recall Clinton's War Room.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:11 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I bet the OP is from Chicago and an organizer for the Occupy protests ...

Starting a war, a civil war, is exactly what the radical liberals want and what the liberal created Occupy protests were all about. These same tactics were used on the people in Egypt, Libya and now Syria to create regime change.
This is a typical GOPer here. From California and apparently does not know what a "Bruin" is!! No buddy, I live in Dallas and don't know what a "Cowboy" is.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:14 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
This is a typical GOPer here. From California and apparently does not know what a "Bruin" is!! No buddy, I live in Dallas and don't know what a "Cowboy" is.
Is that your only defense on YOUR thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies