Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 03:18 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Waste of money could have come to the same conclusion without the study. Kids respect parents who have the veneer of normalcy and morality. It's hard to discipline a child when you yourself are wallowing in sin for all to see.
Kids don't care about gay parents. That's a fabrication by the religious right. I have a lot more respect for Neil Patrick Harris raising children than a Michelle Bachmann or Santorum. I think the latter 2 should be banned from adopting personally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 03:19 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,130,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
WOW! I knew the Faux Anti-Bullying School Program was just a front to silence opposition to homosexuality in the public schools, but I didn't know how far back it went. So, is the part bolded, the actual words/speech of Jennings?

"GLSEN’s Executive Director Kevin Jennings admitted in a speech in 1995 how he used “safety” to delude the Massachusetts legislature into adopting the pro-homosexual agenda for the schools in their state. The speech, “Winning the Culture War,” was given at a conference on March 5, 1995. Notice the “safety” Trojan horse:"
"In Massachusetts, the effective reframing of this issue was the key to the success of the Governor’s Commission on Gay and Lesbian Youth. We immediately seized upon the opponent’s calling card – safety – and explained how homophobia represents a threat to students’ safety by creating a climate where violence, name-calling, health problems, and suicide are common. Titling our report ‘Making Schools Safe for Gay and Lesbian Youth,’ we automatically threw our opponents onto the defensive and stole their best line of attack. This framing short-circuited their arguments and left them back-pedaling from day one. 1"

http://www.afamichigan.org/images/Le...ion-200504.pdf
I'm not sure if that was his quote.

I do know that homosexuality is being pushed on us through the media & even on children in some schools. It needs to stop, but people need to WAKE UP & realize what's happening.

It's not about hate, or being prejudice. We must learn to love people while objecting to harmful behavior.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Umm yeah it harms children cause it's not NORMAL!!!!!!

SHEESH... Doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to figure that out!!!!!
I see you ignored that the study is a fraud by an anti-gay hate group. Actual, legitimate medical organizations state that children raised in gay households are just as well-adjusted and normal as straight households.

Leave it to a conservative to jump to false conclusions without learning the facts.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:20 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
I do know that homosexuality is being pushed on us through the media & even on children in some schools. It needs to stop, but people need to WAKE UP & realize what's happening.

It's not about hate, or being prejudice. We must learn to love people while objecting to harmful behavior.
Absolutely!

Old 03-10-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
OH really???

I don't need to call it wallowing in sin because I don't practice any organized religion but what I do practice science. And science says that homosexual behavior is ABNORMAL.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
Where does science say it's abnormal? Science says it's a universal phenomenon in all animal species and helps the survival of the species. So why are you lying about the conclusions of science?

Old 03-10-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Kids don't care about gay parents. That's a fabrication by the religious right. I have a lot more respect for Neil Patrick Harris raising children than a Michelle Bachmann or Santorum. I think the latter 2 should be banned from adopting personally.
It's logical fallacy to pick the worst couple of the majority group & compare them with the best couple of a minority group.

The fact is that when you support gay marriage, you dishonor mothers and fathers, including your own.
When you support gay marriage, you're saying, "Children don't need a mother, or a father... just fathers, or just mothers are ok."
Yet, we KNOW that just as we absolutely NEED a MOTHER AND FATHER to EXIST... we also need both to grow up in a balanced way & to be able to relate well with both males & females.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:26 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
I'm not sure if that was his quote.

Homosexuality is not being "pushed" in some schools. What may be being "pushed" are lessons in tolerance and acceptance, and by the nature of what I see every day here on City Data, that is a very good thing because it's obvious many children are NOT learning it from their parents.

It's appalling that programs that want to reduce and eliminate bullying in schools is being twisted by some as some kind of proof of "pushing" homosexuality in the schools.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:26 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:

And I guess that should be a surprise to people? The other two are not gay. You sure have a strange way of thinking. Let the unnatural people raise children, but normal people should not.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Science says it's a universal phenomenon in all animal species and helps the survival of the species.
Yes... just as a horny dog will hump anything... does that mean we should hump anything?

Science clearly demonstrates that heterosexuality is normal.
You and I are living proof.
Science clearly demonstrates that homosexuality is abnormal... a penis doesn't fit into another penis, nor do 2 vaginas fit together. When you try to get a penis to fit into an anus (any anus) even in 2 healthy individuals, there are health risks of anal fissures, bacterial infection, colon rupture & anal cancer.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:29 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
No kidding, right?

Bachmann and Santorum - a couple of bat crap crazy whackjobs with a very distorted view and who are both sorely lacking in basic humanity and compassion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies